1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

That padlock symbol next to the connection name when you want to setup the WFC Settings?
    It just means that:
    1. If its red (locked sign); means its protected thus will need to setup the WEP and IP code to sync between the device and router.
    2. If its blue (unlocked sign); means its not protected as in open connection, auto sync enabled between device and router.
    3. If its black/gray (locked sign); means its not compatible....could be WPA or other form of WIFI type.

DSL can only use either the red or blue sign; if blue simply connect, if red will need further input for the IP and WEP, including password in some cases. So red is more troublesome but secure connection, blue is fully open/unsecure connection.

2. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Thank you prectorian, will try and get it around my head.

I'm trying to setup a connection between wifi router and Wood Dumper WIFI r72

I can get to stange 2 but on statage 3 testing the wifi singal shows then drops to nill befour saying can not find the IP

On wooddromer sometime show the IP address, but dose notink to dump the game even if i tryed IP http:// 192.168.1.3.21 in address bar.

Sometimes lose the IP with trying diffrent settings.

Need somethink to match in somethink called DHCP

Wireless Lan need config, tryed setingup as done in image.

Maybe could do with a better software/pluign for drivers... of LocalAC

[​IMG]

3. Prectorian

Can't help, haven't got wireless router.

UPDATE

World Championship C-Gear Skin 2012 for Pokemon Black and White

Here's an unexpected C-Gear distribution;

[​IMG]

For those of you without WIFI ability/can't connect to WIFI in any possible method, you can grab the C-Gear from : Pokemon Black and White C-Gear Distribution Event (JPN-EU)

4. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Ok no problem tnaks for you help on the lock issue, I will look at you message better now, Shoping this morning

BD today :) , Beer later on tonight ;)

5. Darkzombies

Darkzombies Member

I downloaded everything in the post, but I got the 9.9 version instead of 9.7, can anyone give me a link to 9.7?

6. Prectorian

When you mean by "everything" is it even really everything? Cause its clear that you didn't.

7. Darkzombies

Darkzombies Member

I just really want to get Wifi working so I can play with my friends, I don't mean to be insulting. I downloaded what was given and realized at the top of the window it said desmume 9.9, I'm confused too. That's why I'm askign for help.

8. HeffayGuap

HeffayGuap New Member

@minhphuong0401 Can you explain exactly what you did here? I'm having the same problem. I was able to connect to GameSync and use the Pokemon Dream World once, randomly. What settings do you change, and do I need to do that every time I use Game Sync so that I can use it again after 24 hours?

Thanks!

9. Prectorian

UPDATE

Hideyoshi's Reshiram Episode for Pokemon Conquest (U)
    August 13th 2012 - December 2012

[​IMG]

Note:
    Use your WIFI ability to download the extra episode.

10. TBreaker

TBreaker Well-Known Member

Hello,
    Thanks for this great guide. :)

I read, that it's possible to have Wifi with wireless lan.
    But I don't know how I have to configure hamachi...
    It would be fine if someone can help me.

11. DarknessDarkrai

DarknessDarkrai Active Member

@ prectorian: Can you help me by giving your Pokemon Conquest save file (i.e., the DeSmuMe save file) with all the 5 Wi-fi events.

I have been trying to connect the Wi-fi with DeSmuMe for some time without any results yet. I am not sure what is it that i am doing wrong. I am usually getting either Error 52000/52001/52002 (on newer version DeSmuMe) or Error 52100 (on DeSmuMe v.0.9.7 r3947).

Also i have a question, if i use the save file with the wi-fi events and start a new game on it, would the events still be present or would it get deleted.

12. Prectorian

I can't give you my save file for personal reason;
    But I am being kind enough which I don't normally do, by preparing a fresh save file which contains the 5 extra events downloaded via my DeSmuMe;
    1. Motonari and Motochika Episode
    2. Kenji Episode
    3. Hideyoshi Reshiram Episode
    4. Okuni Episode
    5. Ranmaru Episode

The save file username is set as : ROMU
    Playtime : 00:05 hour
    Save File Format : R4 and DeSmuMe v.0.9.7 SVN r3947
    Download Link : PKM Conquest (U)(E) Save File

Note:
    Just rename the save file (.sav) to match the .NDS file. The package I provide is in 2 format (DeSmuMe and R4), if you need it to be in other format, use an NDS save file convertor which you can find from Google or page 1 of my tutorial).

As for your question, as long as its not corrupted or you do something to cause damage to the save file, it should normally be fine. But do not START A NEW GAME !!!! Doing so will delete the save file including the event. With the save file I provide, you just have to live and get used to having a character with the name ROMU.

And no I will not cater to requests asking me to prepare save files with anyone's choice of user name. Anyone who want to use that save file I provide in the above will have to live with being a character by the name ROMU.

13. xBladeM6x

xBladeM6x New Member

I'm playing Pokemon Black, and I got the connection to work in the WFC Testing screen for Pokemon, however, when I try to receive a mystery gift, I get a 61010 error.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Is there a way around this? When I looked on the Nintendo site about this error, they said it could be an error in their network, but this all seemed a bit to coincidental for me to leave it to chance. Help please!

Edit: Do you think using the DSi enhanced (patched) version of the game matters?

Edit2: Also, if someone would like, I'm up for a Skype Call / TeamViewer to get this to work. I've tried like 5 different versions of Desmume and Winpcap and nothing. Ugh.

Edit 3: So I've been trying out everything, following different guides, downloading different packages, following ever troubleshooting method, and still. I get every error under the sun. From the 20104 - 52000 - 61010 to just about all of them. It's seriously discouraging. I've been thinking about picking up a used DSi + R4i 3DS, just because it seems much easier. -_-

14. DarknessDarkrai

DarknessDarkrai Active Member

Thanks for the help.

15. Jakuza

Jakuza New Member

No matter how i trying to connect to wifi i always get 52000 error code. (i have a simple ADSL connection without router and Windows 7 64bit)

I tried everything. I followed the instruction step by step, but not working.
    I tried with manual setting too. (I set IP address,DNS,gateway etc) but still not work too, but error code changed to 52100.
    I tried at least 15 emulators from 0.9.7 to 0.9.9 r4366, but all give to me 52000 error code.

All emulator and Wifi setting is fine, i use Infrastructure connection in Wifi menu and i selected the one selectable Realtek Ethernet card choice.
    The firmwares loaded from Firmware folder and i tried to change the firmware.dfc file too from links, but not fixed my problem.
    The emulator exefile and the rpcapd.exe added to Firewall exceptions.

The debugpanel show me, SoftAP received 364 byte lenght packets in test connections, but nothing happen.
    I don't have any tunnel sofwares or Hamachi,Tunngle etc.

I need help, i dont know what i can do, because i tried almost all possible choices.

16. Prectorian

@xBladeM6x,
    Not even sure if you are using a proper connection required.

@Jakuza,
    The required connection is: telephone line-->router-->Broadband cable-->PC/Laptop
    Several attempt made in the past by a few people to run it without router and it simply won't work. Same result
    as to when running on USB Broadband Dongles. As for those who tried on wireless connection via tunnel
    software claim possible but never explain how they did it, thus assumed as hoax as after all the dev team said
    it won't work through that method.

And both of you should stick to using the v.0.9.7 SVN 3947 or v.0.9.6, all other version fail. I can't provide any further in-dept as whatever needed to know are on page 1. Have nothing more to add.

17. Jakuza

Jakuza New Member

I dont think this connection need router. I have telephone line > ADSL Modem (with DHCP function)> Ethernet Cable > PC/Laptop
    I tried with PPPOE/PPPOA mode and bridged mode too.
    And no, v.0.9.7 SVN 3947 fail too as other else. For someone the other versions working too as the 0.9.7 v3963 with DSL , but not for me.

I think the problem may be caused by something else.

18. Prectorian

The problem is with your computer and its internet setup. See if you can get 'Test Connection' sucessfully using which ever version and connection method you think suits you best if you feel that my suggestion isn't. I've been using v.0.96 and v.0.97 SVN 3947 for over a year, and tested almost all versions that came before and after it. I wish you good luck.

UPDATE

Plasma Genesect Wondercard for Pokemon Black and White 2

[​IMG]

Download : Pokemon Black and White Wondercard Distribution Event (JPN)(EU)

UPDATE

Waikoloa VGC Worlds Championship Flying Pikachu for Pokemon Black and White 1

[​IMG]

Download Wonder Card : CLICK HERE TO GO TO POKEMON BLACK AND WHITE WONDER CARD EVENT DISTRIBUTION TOPIC

Note:
    I've added Gen 4 wondercards into the Gen 5 collection package. Be sure to use the appropriate version by reading the folder labels. Those labeled as BW2 can only be use on Pokemon Black and White 2. Not sure what the side effect would be if you accidentally add them into BW 1. Just to remind all that Gen 4 refers to Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

If you are looking for the other pokemon distribution for Pokemon Black and White 2, its also available on my Wonder Card topic in page 2.

19. Lupdemare

Lupdemare Member

Can someone make a guide for version 0.9.8? It's been out for a few months. Ty

20. Prectorian

No, what for? It doesn't work. If it does, the method of setting up is exactly the same as v.0.9.7.
    New versions after v.0.9.7 SVN 3947 always result to these info in the command window:

It shows how unstable the connection is in the new SVN releases after r3947. Which in turn result showing the ERROR 52100 message, and result to TEST CONNECTION FAIL. Of cause that means it won't work. And as I said numerous times before, the dev team sacrifice the WIFI emulation ability after SVN 3947 for better speed and graphic support, which is the reason why new versions fail to run this ability.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.