1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Remove all WinPcap and DesMuMe files. Then extract the SVN 3947 and WinPcap 4.1.1 or 4.1.2. Then redo the entire setup steps. Make sure to add DeSmuMe.exe and winpcap into the firewall and antivirus exception list. Also check for potential conflicting software/setting; disable any virtual machine such as hamachi, etc. Make sure to use static IP and setup your infrastructure correctly. Make sure no other devices are using the same router line to keep it on the safe side. If you still can't get it done, then really its most likely you will never ever get it working due to again....your harware and software, nothing to do with the DeSmuMe or WinPcap.

If you want to disable your antivirus go ahead and do so on the cost of risking your computer to virus, malware, adware, trojan, etc. by all means go ahead. But allow me to make it absolutely clear that its your call and your own computer you're risking, and I never recommended doing such an action.

2. Nfsu231

Nfsu231 Active Member

ok I will try to do this; but:
    1. Whats static IP?
    2. By infrastructure, do you mean the setting in desmume? Also, do i need to have as a bridge adapter an "ethernet controller''?
    3. Well i dont have my own separate router. There are 3 computers(including my laptop) using the same router/modem.
    4. I wont disable norton, but i tried allowing winpcap as an exception but it wasnt in the list to do so. I really think winpcap was unsuccessfully installed in the first place and maybe the root of the error if my own comp doesnt recognize it as an application

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

1) an IP (internet protocol) address is a means of identifying your computer on a network so that data can be sent to it. Static means it doesn't change (and usually implies manually set to an explicit value)

2) Infrastructure in a networking sense refers to the equipment needed by the network, e.g switches, routers, cabling etc. Specifically in wireless networking, it refers to a wireless network that has one or more central base stations (e.g a wireless router or an access point), as opposed to an ad-hoc network, which does not.

3) If your router is wireless, you have an infrastructure based wireless network.

4) You won't be any less protected if you disable norton, it is useless, all it's good for is messing up computers. Stuff might start working if you disable/uninstall it though. Winpcap is technically a library, not an application, which may be why it's not recognised. Or it may just be norton being crap.

4. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Searching "Google" can help answer some of your own questions, plz search befour asking first.

5. psychostoner

psychostoner New Member

mario kart doesnt work wifi... right before the race it just freezes... what games work?

also when trying to use global link and putting in a game sync id. It says its in another region and I can't register. what do I do?

6. Nfsu231

Nfsu231 Active Member

@Prectorian;
    Ok, so I deleted everything and reinstalled svn3947 with winpcap 142 with wifi

However, as i reinstalled the above file, I cant select infrastructure in the wifi setting(its greyed out)

And for the emulation settings, I dont have the bios/firmware files.

1. Why is it greyed out?
    2. Whats a working link to bios/firmware files that doesnt include any other program or files such as winpcap.

Edit/update:
    Nevermind, i fixed the problem with the infrastructure setting;
    but i still need a link to a Bios-only file

7. psychostoner

psychostoner New Member

so me and a friend are trying to battle n trade in pokemon black and white but when we try to talk to eaochter it just sits on loading communcations.... what do we do?

I have a good computer and My internet connection is cable.

How come I cant play mario kart online if you can? whats ur internet speeds. my comp is good

8. Prectorian

@NSFU231,
    The bios files are in page 1. If you don't want to use the one provided, then Google it.

@psychostoner,
    Mine is fast enough to get the games you had difficulties working. Were you and your friend both in the same room? Was either of you using a console? Was both of you using emulators in the same room using the same internet connection? If yes to any of my questions, that's your answer......it won't work.

1. I kept on saying you can't have more than 1 computer/device hooked to the same router!
    2. Trying to connect a console with an emulator via WIFI in the same room result to the same issue as no.1!
    3. Try to trade or do anything between console and computer or computer to computer that requires IR feature is not possible!

Oh by the way, that Mario Kart game, it does work. However at times its prone to disconnect. Emulators aren't perfect duplicate of the real console. It got flaws here and there. How well it run often depends on the hardware in your computer. Of cause that is not always the only cause of issue.

9. Nfsu231

Nfsu231 Active Member

@ Prectorian; I know the bios link is on the 1st page, we all do. But you told me to download one of the following:

1. DeSmuMe v.0.9.7 r3947 WIFI with WinPcap v.4.1.1 : Download Here
    2. DeSmuMe v.0.9.7 r3947 WIFI with WinPcap v.4.1.2 : Download Here

As you can see these include desmume, wifi and winpcap.

The link you gave to Bios is not a separate file; you have it coupled with winpcap.

1. WinPcap Program and BIOS for DeSmuMe Package: WinPcap v.4.1.2 and BIOS BIN for DeSmuMe Download Here

If i were to download this link; i would have 2 versions of winpcap. The purpose of deleting and reinstalling my files is to have a new slate of the programs with no overlapping files with multiple versions in attempt to make it run smoothly. Now, ive tried googling, yahoo searching a separated Bios file for 3 days now and I cant find any Bios on its own. Seeing as how you have been able to find such links to programs, I was wondering if you could me the favor of helping me locate a Bios Bin file for desmume, because i cant find it.

10. psychostoner

psychostoner New Member

nono We went in the same room. We were doing emulator to emulator and when we try to battle or trade it just times out.

I got random battles to work but when i try to battle or trade my friend it just times out.

we both connected used friend pal code. got in the middle ladys room wifi. and yeah it just times out. my computer is good and my internet should be fine. But whenevr we do it... times out.

I ask what is ur internet speed cuz thats the only thing. I got cable modem

11. Nfsu231

Nfsu231 Active Member

Ok i tried with another download method; it connects but connection is dropped.

I keep getting 52000.

I have followed all your steps perfectly.

According to error message; its unable to find IP or that I should change my DHCP settings.

I think you may have omitted a crucial step like something in the network and sharing center options??

Or in the DHCP or static IP settings?

12. Prectorian

Like I said, whatever I had done is on page 1, and I've tested it on 3 computers of different OS (XP, VISTA, 7) using just those shown on page 1 and it work flawless without me having to tweek anything in my computer. And lots had got it done right as well using just the methd on page 1. So no, I don't think I missed anything.

100 Mbps. I just got an upgrade of 3x my original subscription for free.
    In the above you only describe about what you and your friend did in-game. What I was asking, 'is your friend and yourself in the same house/room of either your house or his house at the time of doing the match up?' If yes, that would means you are using the same router and of cause connection. Which is not possible.

Again I should remind you that emulators aren't perfect copy of the real console. Whatever the outcome of the emulator goes back to how good your computer spec and internet connection is. So some may not bump into problem while others might whn trying to use the various game features (minus certain non-working features such as IR). Again that Mario game had been tested by various people and it does work, though again at times it can get cuts off during the race.

UPDATE

Okuni's Story for Pokemon Conquest (U)
    July 27th 2012 - December 31st 2012

[​IMG]

Note:
    Use the DeSmuMe's WIFI feature to download the episodes.

13. MariosX

MariosX Member

This is a really nice tutorial but I have a major problem.
    When I left-click the touch screen the emulator crashes..
    The first screen I receive following this tutorial is "System settings have been lost. Tap +"

It seems that this screen tries to recalibrate the touch screen.
    Wherever I touch/left-click the emulator crashes
    One of the crashes I got, a message appeared in the dialog/dos box but I was unable to read it because it only appeared for an instant.

The official desmume emulator works flawlessly and I don't have any problems with the touch screen.

What I have tried so far:
    Closed all background apps
    Tried different svn builds (the one you suggest, the one you have the link for and the latest)

Note: This happens on any rom, not in a particular

System Specs:
    CPU: Intel Core i7 920
    RAM: OCZ Intel Core i7 Edition 1600 8-8-8-24 (3x2GB)
    Motherboard: MSI X58A-GD65
    VGA: Sapphire HD4870 1GB
    OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 with all updates installed

The same problem happened to my friend's laptop as well.
    Maybe it's an issue with Windows 7?

Thanks for reading.

14. Zanjia

Zanjia Member

Hi prectorian,

I know you probably got quite a few of these, but please bear with me. I got a broadband cable, and I know it works. I made sure I followed your steps, and redid everything thrice, however, SoftAP connects and then before it can finish testing the connection, disconnects. As a result, I get error 52000. What is wrong?

15. Nfsu231

Nfsu231 Active Member

Ok im using vista btw; I strongly believe one of these must be the problem:
    1. IP <-- How do I check the status of IP? Also, How do i make it static?
    2. DHCP <-- Where do I change these settings and what should I change it to?
    3. Ethernet controller <--Whats the correct controller needed to use? And must it be a controller? I mean should the adapter include "controller'' in its name? I am currently using Nvidia adapter as bridge adapter in wifi settings; but its not called a controller.

I believe if you or anyone could answer these questions well, I could get it running.

Also When I switch to LAN connection in network sharing center; must I disconnect and/or disable the wireless connection or let them run simultaneously?

Please by very specific in your answer and reread this post for clarity in what Im asking for.

Anyways, if I cant get the wifi running after your next responses; I'll just give up with trying anything else. :(

16. thricee

thricee Well-Known Member

didnt they release a 0.9.8 release?can we expect fixes on that release and if so can it still go on WI-FI?if so i might start thinking of playing pokemon again after almost 10 years D:

17. Zanjia

Zanjia Member

For me, when I'm testing the wifi connection , SoftAP connects and then before it can finish testing the connection, disconnects. As a result, I get error 52000. Does anyone know what is wrong?

18. danlt

danlt New Member

How solve error 50000?

19. Nfsu231

Nfsu231 Active Member

To add to my previous post as well; this tutorial deals with wifi; as much as wifi would be great to use; i just realized platinum uses wireless as well. Can you trade wirelessly with roms and do you need wifi as well?

20. thricee

thricee Well-Known Member

did you follow the tutorial step by step?and maybe you are using older or different version that the .7?i asked if it was working on the newer one but i havent tried it fully yet.i will let you know if it works on .8 once i try it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.