1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMather1

TheMather1 Member

I could use some help here, this works on neither of my computers (though it once worked on both).

My first computer is a stationary with a static IP, running Windows 7 64bit.
    My second computer is a laptop with dynamic IP, running Windows 7 32bit.

Both computers manage to get a connection for a while before it cuts out abruptly at the end of the test, resulting in error code 52100.

Extra notes: My router is set to use the Google DNS (8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4) and my computers are connected to the router through a network switch.

2. Nfsu231

Nfsu231 Active Member

Hey prec; Ive tried to connect again to the wifi today, but now instead of 52000 i get 50000. It says there is no access point in range. Whats this mean?
    Post Merge: [time]1342090426[/time]
    Also, must I have an "ethernet controller"?
    I have the nvidia network adapter as my bridge adapter.

3. pikalax1

pikalax1 New Member

Not sure where the search-within-thread function is, so I apologize if this has been answered before. What do I do about connection error 52100?

4. Scrafty

Scrafty New Member

I was wondering...so I don't lose my settings on Wifi (resetting the Game Sync) while updating to a newer SVN, will I be able to to transfer information from emu to emu?

5. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

@NFsu2351,
    If you have wired LAN Broadband (Ethernet LAN Cable) plug it straight from your router to the laptop. And remove/disable any virtual program such as Hamachi, etc.

@pikalax1,
    Use the search option at the top if you need to. As for your question, there error code indicate you've not configured the emulator properly in the settings, likely due to DRM blocking. Check firewall and Antivirus, make sure to run as admin and place them into the exception list.

@Scrafty,
    Moving save file from one emulator to the next is more than possible. And won't change anything in your save file.

@LSA2013 and DN_Apantw,
    Not sure about your case, but do check your settings, make sure the emulator and winpcap are in the exception list of your firewall and antivirus. And do make sure there isn't any other computer running on the same router, there's possibly a conflict in your setting. Just so
    you guys know, so far the best to run the WIFI emulation is SVN r3947, all else are buggy.

@TheMather1,
    If it once work, it should work. Stay on SVN r3947. If you want to play faster then use the latest version. But when you need the WIFI ability, its the SVN r3947 that you must rely on, else are buggy.

Note:
    To everyone, I'm no tech savvy. So don't ask me any technical things such as what electronic brand to use, etc. Just do as listed on page 1. Its proven working and no doubt about it. I'm to this day still using it, and hasn't any issues from the time I tried it. And I am not the one who develop the emulator, I'm just an everyday user like you guys. I'm also not near you, so I can't help much especially if the info provided is so scatchy. I'm no psyhic, I can't read your mind nor can I see what your computer and connection is like. So if after so many tries you still can't then its just too bad. Its likely either your connection is not compatible, something in your computer setting is blocking it, or you had missed doing something or messed up somewhere.

Update

Special Parts A and B Pokemon Dream Radar for Pokemon Black and White 2 (JPN)
    Courtesy of Project Pokemon.com

[​IMG]

Download Link : Dream Radar Special Parts Pokemon (JPN)

Note:
    To add these pokemon to the Pokemon Black and White 2 save file, you'll need to use Pokegen. Do not attempt to add these to Pokemon Black and White.

Update

3 Parts Porygon Pokemon Global Link Event

1.Porygon Pokemon Distribution
    *Password: IGNPORYGON
    Once acquired, send a pokemon to sleep via Game Sync to the dream world. Visit your dream home to take the pokemon back to
    your Dream Forest.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Porygon2 Doll Distribution for PGL Home
    *No password needed
    It will be available for use as decoration in your Dream Home's Doll Catalogue.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Porygon-Z C-Gear Distribution
    *Password: PORYZCGEAR2012
    It'll be available in your Customize in PGL for use as replacement of your c-gear screen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. TheMather1

TheMather1 Member

Ok, finally got it to work using r3947, though it only does so on my stationary.

And thanks for the codes and such there.
    EDIT: Though I can't find where you're supposed to enter them. The Porygon promotions don't show up here.

7. Nfsu231

Nfsu231 Active Member

Hey Mathers, without the cable i get a 52000.
    But with the cable i get a 52100 like you.
    Can you tell me how you got yours to work(now) or what you changed to make it work(from your 2nd last post)?

8. TheMather1

TheMather1 Member

I switched to using the .exe and firmware files from r3947.

Also as a note, trading using the Wi-Fi Club in Pokémon Black and White does not work with the emulator, right after the trading sequence is done, both my DS and emulator crash (which is a real pity, because I could really need to transfer some of the Pokémon I've got on the emulator).

9. Prectorian

Go to Pokemon Global Link webpage, you need to register there of cause. The click on PROMOTIONS, and you should see the promotion event for all 3 Porygon as of July 12th. The event by the way is for the http://en.pokemon-gl.com/ members. Other region will get other event.

10. TheMather1

TheMather1 Member

I only get the Pikachu and Munna ones.

11. Nfsu231

Nfsu231 Active Member

You mean in the emulator options? Like with the bios, firmware file options? What do you change in those settings exacytly? And if there is any link, can you post it?

12. TheMather1

TheMather1 Member

The settings are the exact same as always, but I used the files from revision 3947 (at least that's what I assume the r means), which as prectorian keeps saying is the stable version. You can find the link in the first post.

13. Prectorian

Strange, which region are you subscribed with? Mine is EU/US region (UK-US). The event as shown in the image started since July 12th. Quite strange if its not showing. I did missed 1 or 2 C-Gear event due to it not showing on my PGL account also. I'll be starting a new topic in the COLLECTION Thread in the near future about something.

UPDATE

Keiji: The Free Spirit's Path Episode For Pokemon Conquest (U)

[​IMG]

Note:
    Event from July 12th to December 31st 2012. Use WIFI to unlock the event and will be automatically accessable after you reach a certain point in the game.

14. TheMather1

TheMather1 Member

Just looked back and saw you said BW2. Seriously, they got over with BW fast. They could at least have the courtesy to release it for the whole generation, since it's not like those games are supposed to be obsolete yet.

15. Prectorian

The Porygon event is for BW1, the Special Parts is for BW2. You might have missed read it.

INFO

1. My C-Gear Skin Collection : CLICK HERE TO VISIT IT
    2. My Wondercard Collection : CLICK HERE TO VISIT IT

16. Nfsu231

Nfsu231 Active Member

Well i already chosen one of those; could be more specific as to which one you chose

17. TheMather1

TheMather1 Member

Doesn't really matter as long as you use the correct version of the .exe for your computer.

18. Nfsu231

Nfsu231 Active Member

There are a couple things that happen when i try to download those:

1. The file/application is created as an rar file and i cant run it.
    2. Norton tends to remove and uninstall some of those downloads.
    3. And when I try to run the any of those downloads it wishes to open it in gamebooster(a program which speeds up pc games) whilst remaining an Rar file.

Now it has to be 1 of the 2 problems for why it wont work:
    Desmume wifi pack
    or
    winpcap

I need legit links to the downloads of both the correct desmume and wifi + winpcap; I have tried almost all links which has left me with multiple versions of winpcap, desmume, etc.. which is pretty useless

19. Prectorian

Reading from what you posted for the past few days, clearly indicates that the problem is with your computer and whatever software you got in it, not to mention the security setting you have. Nothing to do with the DeSmuMe or WinPcap. The program provided in page 1 is correct and clean. Unless you clear up the issue in your computer, it's a no go.

20. Nfsu231

Nfsu231 Active Member

What do you suggest?
    Disable Norton until i get the Wifi working?
    Remove the winpcap, desmume, wifi pack and reinstall them again?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.