1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ambiji

ambiji New Member

Hey Prectorian,

Don't suppose if you know if it's possible to use the poke'transfer feature in black/white on the DeSmuME to transfer pokemon over from a genuine DS Soulsilver game?

I read somewhere that the relocator feature may work, but I haven't tested it. Was wondering if you know of or have tried it yourself perhaps?

Cheers!

*EDIT* NEVERMIND ^_^ just tried it, the RELOCATOR obviously works through the IR network rather then through wireless network... pity that, not sure about the poke'transfer feature as i've only just started playing and im not up to the whereabouts of it yet, most likely will be the same system... :(

2. qscthn

qscthn New Member

@Prectorian
    I saw you play pokemon conquest in desmume 0.9.7..
    Why i cant play it in desmume 0.9.7.. ???
    Can u help me?

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Yes, I am indeed able to play PKM Conquest on v.0.9.7 r3947. Just download a pre-patched rom or patch the rom using DS-Scene Rom Tool or the Dicastia Patch. You might need to delete the old save file if after using the patched rom it still not work.

4. qscthn

qscthn New Member

I see..
    But, is it possible if I wanna play it in Desmume 0.9.7 from desmume.org (not the emucr) ?

5. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Nope.

The official DeSmuME doesn't support Wi-Fi support.
    You need to get the version of DeSmuME listed here.

6. Prectorian

UPDATE

Movie 2012 Melloetta for Pokemon Black and White / Pokemon Black 2 and White 2

[​IMG]

Download Link: Pokemon Black and White Latest Wondercard Distribution (JPN-EU)

Note:
    If you take this pokemon to Castelia City Cafe, it will learn the move "relic song" in Pokemon Black and White. If taken to Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 it will have some sort of in-game effect. Not sure what at the moment.

By the way, this marks the end of Pokemon Distribution for Black and White. Up coming distributions will be for Black 2 and White 2. Starting with Piplup and Kanto Mystery Eggs sometime mid-July.

7. Haunter S. Thompson

Haunter S. Thompson New Member

Prectorian,

I'm currently experiencing a problem that a poster on the first page seemed unable to solve. I followed all your instructions, and when I tested my connection in the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Setup for Pokemon White 1 / Black 2, both successfully connected. Yet when I tried to enter the Game Sync, I got an error 20100 - unable to connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi.

My setup is Broadband Cable -> Wireless Router -> Ethernet Cable -> Laptop. I'm using the svn3947 Desmume, with the Bios from Winpcap 4.1.2 (which I've placed in the Firmware folder inside the Desmume folder).

Thanks for your time and dedication to this all, and please forgive me if this has been successfully addressed elsewhere in the thread.

8. Prectorian

Have you created an account in Pokemon Global Link website?
    Note that PKM B2/W2 is Japanese region, so you can't register the game on the US/EU/AU Global Link site.
    At the moment (time of this post made), the PGL website is down for maintenance, thus trying to activate Game Sync might
    not be possible temporarily.

If issue persist, try removing WinPcap 4.1.2, and replace it with 4.1.1. Also check for possible conflicting IP address and or disable any virtual network program. Do consult page 1 troubleshooter as well.

9. Haunter S. Thompson

Haunter S. Thompson New Member

I haven't created an account yet - the error 20100 screen pops up as soon as I try to Game Sync. This means no Game sync ID, ergo I'm unable to fully register.

I'm mainly interested in using Nintendo Wifi to obtain a White 1 Game Sync ID for my Black 2 ROM, enabling extra content (most of it N-related). I don't believe that I need to register on the Japanese website in order to do this.

Here's a transcript from the Nintendo customer service page on the error that I've encountered:

This last bit is of particular interest to me. Would problems for a legit DS with a wireless router translate into problems for an emulator on a laptop connected to a router via ethernet cable? In other words, would this hint towards my router being the issue? I sense a potential problem here, but I'm not quite sure where to go with it - would turning off the router's wireless capability make a difference?

And forgive me for being a layman at this, but how might I go about detecting and disabling any virtual network programs that may be running?

10. Prectorian

Frankly I'm not too sure what you are talking about. However its like this, you can't add a game sync from a US/EU W1/B1 for use on a JPN W2/B2. Its plain incompatible due to different region. Which like I mentioned before, the PGL account for US/EU is different from the JP site. Thus will never meet.

You said before that you had no problem using the WIFI emulation feature on the emulator? Yes? If so then really its not related to the router, you had done it correct if that's the case as you said with the result as shown on page 1. However if you had not been successful in establishing the connection on the emulator, then its likely conflicting IP due to using a wireless router with LAN Cable port.

On the other hand, I think there is a possibility you are referring not to GAME SYNC ID, rather you are referring to Friend Code ID found in the IR option of the C-Gear? If so, like I said numerous times, the IR (Infra Red) feature is non-functioning. You can add the friend code id genereated in the IR for use on the PGL Dream World to establish a bridge between friends also with your B1/W1 and the B2/W2, enabling visiting friend's dream world. But not to a point of connecting the 2 games via emulators via IR. Connecting the dream world between B1/W1 and B2/W2 will also result to the ability to send pokemon over to the other game (according to a certain pokemon info source), again that require the use of 2 games of the same region.

UPDATE

Ranmaru Episode for Pokemon Conquest (U)
    July 2nd - December 31st 2012

[​IMG]

* Use DeSmuMe WIFI feature to do a download for this extra event.

11. PokemonXMegaman

PokemonXMegaman New Member

I am using Desmume 0.9.7 on my old laggy PC with wired cable and could connect to wifi easily, but when I'm using my laptop ( window 7, launch with adminstration permiossion) with the same emulator, same config and the same cable, I always get error 52000. Can anybody help ???

12. Prectorian

Method is entirely the same for XP. Make sure to use SVN 3947 instead of the latest version. And in some cases, WinPcap 4.1.1 runs better in Win 7 than 4.1.2.

13. Romguy23

Romguy23 New Member

Hello everyone i been using desmume svn 3947 for wi-fi battle, but i cant not trade on wifi-club with myself to desmume to a Ds. I can battle, and go to gts. i am using a belkin router model F9K1001 v1 i disabled everything to get it to work, but cant trade pokemon :-\, So i dont know whats happening.

14. Prectorian

Far as I know its not possible due to technical reasons to link the 2 via same connection, though there was a claim that its possible if it meets certain condition; e.g. use a certain router type. But I'm in no position to find solution for that.

Update

Pokemon Dream Radar for Pokemon Black and White 2 (JPN)
    Courtesy of Project Pokemon.com

[​IMG]

Download Link : Pokemon from Pokemon Dream Radar (JPN)

Note:
    To add these pokemon to the Pokemon Black and White 2 save file, you'll need to use Pokegen. To learn how to use it, visit My Pokemon Black and White Latest Distribution Wondercard Topic. Do not attempt to add these pokemon to Pokemon Black and White, its meant for Pokemon Black and White 2 only!

By the way.....soon I will be adding some surprise....till then.....stay tune.

15. Dn_Apantw

Dn_Apantw New Member

Hi .. I've done everything shown and get a 50000 error .. It says no access point in range .. Could someone help me ??

16. Nfsu231

Nfsu231 Active Member

@ Prectorian; thanks for the help; your thread has helped out more than Lunes.
    After hours of downloading the relevant files and fiddling with the options; i got it to work; although somehow the wifi got activated by itself after clicking a random spot on the desmume screen after the wifi connection test failed. Anyways i tried this on heartgold as well as platinum. Point is im somehow stuck on making a nickname, color, birthday screen.
    After i enter all the information, it tells me to restart. Ive tried multiple things:
    1. close and reopen the rom
    2. quit desmume and reopen
    3. close and quit desmume then reopen
    and several others;
    Each time i try to "restart" it keeps bringing me back to the main screen of entering the information all over again and telling me to restart.
    What is the correct way to restart? Or is my thing bugged?
    Note: After i press ok to restart; the screen just goes to gray/black color and remains that way.

17. Prectorian

Once you choose quit after doing the identity setup (green icons; name input, data of birth, etc.), simple press FILE and LOAD a rom.
    If it doesn't work, try pressing CTRL-R to reset. Could be the .ini acting up. Another possible solution is to right click on the DeSmuMe Icon and choose Run as Admin before doing that input action.

Can't, its unclear if you are using wired or wireless.

18. Nfsu231

Nfsu231 Active Member

Im currently trying the 1st option; now when you say "quit", do you mean close as in closing the rom(whilst leaving desmume open) or quit as in quitting desmume all together?
    Post Merge: [time]1341762681[/time]
    By the way; Ive have been using in-game saves as a way of saving and not saving as to a folder as that usually creates problem with the saves. So whenever I try to reopen the rom; I open the rom and not actually load anyting because I have no save to load.
    Also I tried "quitting" and "opening it" but didnt work.
    I tried "run as admin" but didnt work.
    I also tried the ctrl-R but nothing.
    So question is do you think:
    a.) i need an external save?
    b.) or do i need to close it instead of quitting?
    c.) also i dont have windows firewall on as my norton firewall disables it. Should i have to disable something in norton?
    d.) some other alternative?

Thanks in advance

19. Prectorian

After you did those changes (edit name, date of birth, etc. using that green icon) in step C3. You then choose QUIT right? Then the DeSmuMe turn black/gray/grey. Simple press FILE and Load the rom you want to play. Its should solve your issue immediately. Otherwise, try from the beginning again, this time right click the DeSmuMe icon, choose Run as Admin, then redo the process of identity editing, then press Quit, then File then load rom to play.

Edit:
    1. Don't disable your firewall, its not necessary to do so as it will risk your computer to possible virus attacks.
    2. Using external save file? What do you mean? Are you choosing to 'Import Save File"? If so, its not a problem to do so
    as the emulator will automatically create a copy inside the battery folder.
    3. Make sure whatever info you change in C3 step is the same in step C1.
    4. Do try closing the DeSmuMe, maybe even doing a log out-log in might solve it. Normally it will auto fix itself. Probably
    something blocking it and should resolve on its own when you log out/restart.

UPDATE/SURPRISE

Hero Zekrom C-Gear for Pokemon Black and White / Pokemon Black and White 2

[​IMG]

Download Link: C-Gear Hero Zekrom (EU)

Note:
    This is my first C-Gear distribution, the C-Gears I provide will be those from past events taken from Pokemon Global Link that I had obtained/collected over the course of 1 year or so. To use it, simply export the .CGB using Codr's Pokegen program. I will not cater to requests.

20. Nfsu231

Nfsu231 Active Member

Anyways this is what happens in order:
    1. I fill out the details it is asking me for(birthday, time, nickname, etc...)
    2. After I fill it out; it asks me to restart: I am then given two options: cancel or accept
    3. After I press accept, the screen turns black.

There are 4 ways(im assuming to restart or reopen it):
    File: Quit = turns off desmume and exits the program
    File: Close = turns off rom but desmume remains on
    Emulation: reset = resets the rom
    CTRL:R = resets as well

Ive tried all of those options; none work
    Post Merge: [time]1341763584[/time]
    1. ok
    2. What i meant by save is: the "save state as" and "save state" options under the file heading.
    3. Ill look back at those steps in a sec.
    4. What do you mean by log out? Do you mean log out of the computer?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.