1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kamikaze0617

Kamikaze0617 New Member

Uhhh. I have no clue what I'm doing wrong! It says SoftAP is connected for a bit and then it randomly disconnects! I'm getting Error Code 52000 and it says it can't find the IP address. Please help me.

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Use SVN 3947. Newer versions don't work. And make sure no conflicting IP in your system.
    Follow the troubleshooter provided on page 1 if you bump into problem.

Someone mention about it working on WIFI by emulating LAN but didn't explain much on how it was done.

Got to go for now, have other things to do.

3. maxmahito

maxmahito Well-Known Member

@Prectorian, is there any way, you can "share" the character downloads of Pokemon Conquest just like you did with pokemons in mainstream games? I still can't download/use wifi for some wierd reason.

4. Prectorian

Max,
    I don't know how to extract the save file to share with anyone. However, download this: http://www.mediafire.com/?78mo8ex68z423wr.

You'll find 2 save files in the folder; 1 in the format for DeSmuMe, while the other in the format for R4. Rename the save files as you wish. Since I don't remember how you are playing the game with. Use a save file convertor to convert any of the 2 to whatever type you need. Make sure to keep a copy. Remember that the DeSmuMe version is the original while the R4 version was converted from the DeSmuMe save file.

By the way, the character in the save file has been choosen as a boy with the name 'Max'. And I've downloaded the first event 'Motonari and Motochika Episode' into that save file. You'll be able to befriend the two of them later on after you reach a certain point in the game. I've only played up to the end of the tutorial where you get to save for the first time. Cheers.

5. maxmahito

maxmahito Well-Known Member

Thanks, you are really a generous man.I'll use the desmume save, thanks again as I myself use the name "Max" xD

6. Hirolla

Hirolla New Member

Hi, I thought I'd share my experience setting this up (as it was quite frustrating).

I probably spent a good 6 hours messing with settings and uninstalling/reinstalling all of the different versions of DeSmuMe. The one thing that finally made it all work was using the 4.1.1 version of WinPcap instead of the 4.1.2 version.

I'm on 32-bit Vista and using a Linksys WRT54G2. Hopefully this helps someone.

Edit: I spoke too soon. I successfully test the connection now when I go to Wi-Fi Connection Settings. When I try to GameSync, go to the Dream World, or anything in-game, I get error 20100.

Edit: Annnnnd now I'm getting error 50000 on the Wi-FI Connection Settings again. I've noticed DeSmuMe keeps making randomly named folders with just firmware.dfc in it when I restart it. What is that? It seems like it shouldn't happen.

7. Bichaneca

Bichaneca New Member

Hey guys :) First let me thank you all for the amazing tutorial but i seemed to have found an issue.
    The game synch took a while to link but eventually i got my game id . I went to website and registed and played with the pokemon with not trouble, then i made it wake up. So after this i went to the game again i clicked game synch to wake him up... but instead of this it just made a new Game synch ID.
    Did i did something wrong and is there a way to fix it?
    Thanks in Advance

8. RagnaX

RagnaX New Member

I can't seem to get Pokemon Conquest to work on RVN 3947. It works on RVN JIT 4283 though, but I can't get the wifi to connect. Each time I try, i get the error 52100, unable to connect to Nintendo wfc. I have a cable modem with a wireless router. I'm using an ethernet wired connection on my desktop and I've followed all the steps you've shown. I set up the bios and firmware, then then firmware options, and set the wifi options to infrastructure. I downloaded WinPCap and i've tried both viersions. When I load the game and go to wifi connections and set up a connection, it connects to AP Soft, yet when I test the connection it successfully connects, then disconnects and gives me that error. I have both WinPcap and desmume set to allow under my windows firewall and have both set to run as administrator. The router's firewall is also turned off. Are you able to get Pokemon Conquest working on RVN 3947, or can you help me figure out whats wrong? Thanks.

9. Prectorian

@Max,
    You're welcome. Glad to help a friend.

@Hirolla,
    From google, I find that your router is wireless? If so, can't help you much as I don't have wireless connection at home to test. Maybe try creating a virtual LAN emulation using Hamachi or something. Never tried it, so can't say much.

@Bichaneca,
    Never heard of such issue. But in a day you can only send 1 pokemon to sleep and wake up 1 pokemon. You can't do each process more than 1 time per day. That's the limit set by PGL. So really, again I don't see how that could have happened.

@Ragnax,
    Yes, I got Pokemon Conquest working on DeSmuMe just fine (proof is as shown in the image in reply #659). Use Patched Rom when running on SVN 3947. Latest version SVN 4292 or the latest JIT SVN version can run the game unpatched. Don't disable firewall, just give the DeSmuMe and WinPcap an admin right/add to exeption list. By the way, your error is because the IP conflict between the wireless and the cable port; or if you got virtual program such as hamachi or other similar program, try disabling it.

10. Bichaneca

Bichaneca New Member

After some tries and errors it seems that the problem might be using the quick save/load option in the Desmume. After i stopped doing that i never ran into this issue again o_O

11. Prectorian

Glad to hear you resolved it.

UPDATE

Movie 2012 Keldeo for Pokemon Black and White / Pokemon Black 2 and White 2

[​IMG]

Download Wonder Card : Pokemon Black and White Latest Distribution Wondercard (JPN-EU)

Note:
    You can add this pokemon to either the black and white or the black 2 and white 2. If brought to the Moor of Icirrus along with Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion in Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 game, it will learn the Secret Sword move. And have some kind of special in-game effect in the latest Pokemon game series.

* To add Keldeo or whatever Pokemon to Black 2/ White 2, please use latest Pokegen (currently v.3.1.3 from Codr). Method can be found in my Distribution Wondercard Topic.

12. p00fer

p00fer New Member

so anyone got any idea how to troubleshoot the comm error thing?

13. ambiji

ambiji New Member

THANKS HEAPS Prectorian and all the other contributors to this thread, after going through many attempts to trouble shoot getting onto the wifi I was finally able to get it to work.

I had the latest version of DeSmuME and was following all the instructions to the letter and kept getting the error code 52100
    there wasn't a whole lot i could find on the subject of fixing this error, for the most part I thought it was to do with my IP address
    it was only when I read someone's comment that the wifi had been disabled in all DeSmuMe versions since 9.7. After installing an earlier version my error codes changed to 20104 and then 52000 and it was as easy as going through the troubleshooting dot points on the original post - just had to move the firmware and bios into the correct folder before assigning it.

But anyway thats all done (i can tell you it was a couple of hours of despair whilst it was not working, doing ipconfigs and changing router and firewall settings)

Now i can play pokemon white the way it was intended... ^_^ the cheap student way....

CHEERS AGAIN GUYS !

14. tfuha

tfuha Member

When the hell did 9.9 come out?

15. Prectorian

@p00fer,
    If you mean the GTS issue you had experienced few weeks ago, no...I'ven't heard of any fix for it.

@ambiji,
    You're welcome. In the OP I did state that the SVN 3947 is the way to go. And it was the DeSmuMe SVN team that announced the later versions has dropped the WIFI feature in exchange for better graphic and speed.

@tfuha,
    Latest original DeSmuMe team's version is 0.9.8. If you find other version (besides the SVN and JIT versions made by another group in emucr.com), its most probably fake.

16. Elwinbu

Elwinbu Member

Hey guys.

Since my wi-fi in DeSmuMe isn't working, I've got a rather big request...is anyone willing to download the Motonari and Motochika Episode for my pokemon conquest save(I'll send my save file to that person)?

If anyone does, I would be very thankful!

17. arnaudhoude

arnaudhoude New Member

I tried all version, all fix and I meet all requirement.
    Still, none is working for me.

This tuts is not working for almost 900 % of people trying it. I wasted 1 day trying MAKE IT WORK !

I thinks this emulator is a piece of shit now :S

18. amazingxx

amazingxx New Member

900% is more than the whole forum. It works for me so your just fucking up, could you provide more information?

19. tfuha

tfuha Member

The reason why 9.9 svns arent working is probably because they are all outdated.

20. Prectorian

@arnaudhoude,
    Just because you can't get it to work, doesn't mean others were not able. Your 900% is saying that no one can run it and those are based on your imagination not hard fact. Those who run into problem are ones with hardware issues causing a block to their system from emulating the WIFI or conflicting IP, not to mention using wireless and wired at the same time. So don't make up stories! And by the way, DeSmuMe is the best emulator to date because No$GBA has been dropped by the developer for several years since.

@tfuha,
    The v.0.9.9 is actually the Dev group (not official group) making up the number. Its a number that they purposely designate to differentiate from the official v.0.9.8. The group openly acknowledge their action in their changelog. It is causing confusion, yes. But doesn't mean its outdated. The SVN releases are based on v.0.9.7, while if not mistaken since the release of the official v.0.9.8, the JIT version has switched from v.0.9.7 to the v.0.9.8. The significant difference between JIT and SVN version is that the JIT version runs significantly faster and has better graphic result than the SVN. But both versions since v.0.9.7 r3947, has gradually dropped the WIFI emulation ability in exchange for better graphic and speed. In fact, its the NO$GBA that hasn't receive further support from the developer. DeSmuMe still receive on going support.

So there you go, just because you can't run WIFI on the newer versions since r3947, doesn't mean the emulator is outdated. Yes, r3947 is outdated because newer updated versions are out nearly every week. However, I've no problem playing even the most recent games on r3947, in some cases its just a matter of using patched rom because the issue of the rom running or not lies in the arm7 and arm9 not being up to date. SVN version is now at r4296 (updated yesterday-June 24th), while the JIT version is now at r4292 (as of June 14th).

Note:

If you guys are looking for Pokemon Conquest Password generator, there's one made by Prof.9. Since I've not tried it and don't intend to try it myself, so go ahead and test it on your own, find the discussion by clicking this link or press here for download link.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.