1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 007shinobi

007shinobi Member

VMWare Workstation creates virtual machines. Basically, splitting your computer resources into virtual machines.

2. deSSy2724

deSSy2724 Member

But, does it work only via USB wifi adapters and WMWare Workstation? what about laptop/notebooks -> wifi router... and other virtualization softwares like VirtualBox or WINE etc.? cant test it right now....

3. Vi3t4lyfe

Vi3t4lyfe New Member

I need help, I did everything but when I open my Pokemon White Rom, I hear sounds but I dont see the game running

4. Regi_

Regi_ New Member

I tried all the possible solutions, but unfortunately none of them was a real solution.
    The problem may be the ROM, not the emulator. Try to find a ROM without anti-piracy.

5. Vi3t4lyfe

Vi3t4lyfe New Member

can you give a link to a good rom? I already tried like 3 or 4 different ones

6. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

@Regi_,
    Someone mentioned that its something to do with the router type in used, that someone experienced it and was able to trade/battle after changing it. But I can't remember the detail. Been long time since it was mentioned.

@Vi3t4lyfe,
    Can't say much, cause you didn't state much anyway about why the emulator not working for you on certain game. Next time be informative and detail if you want help, else its better not posting anything cause you simply won't get any respond for posting vaugely.

And by the way, check out our share section if you want to download games (rom), don't ask for rom link in the tutorial. Not to mention its against the rule asking for rom site link. If you can't find what you're looking for in romu's share section or its main download page, then google is your alternative.

@deSSy2724,
    Will not work on USB based devices as been mentioned in page 1, the same been mentioned by the DeSmuMe SVN team.

UPDATE

Pokemon Center Powerful Tag Whimsicott and Lucario

[​IMG]

Download Link : Pokemon Black and White Latest Distribution Event Wonder Cards (JPN)(EU)

INFORMATION:

Starting today (June 5th) until around +/- June 21st (subject to extention), Pokemon Global Link Website will be inaccessable. The same apply for other online features of the game that requires WIFI. So with that being informed since at least 2-3 weeks ago. Please do not come here screaming asking for help why you can't use the features, including why it result error codes when attempted. The website is closed for maintainance and upgrading, so its obvious the features are offline.

Also, once the maintainance is done and website back online, there will be a change of system. Such include the rules about berries. Any accumulated berries kept in the treasure box for more than 100 days will be converted into points automatically. The grace period has been implemented soon after the maintanance info was published. There will be other regulations implemented as well, not to mention other gaming experience when going to the website. And just to remind you, that all or any pokemon yet to be woken up until the closure will not be retrievable until the web goes back online. Until then, be patient.

7. Hanif96

Hanif96 New Member

Is it okay if I bump this? Sorry, but anyway.

I tried everything, EVERYTHING and always get 52100 Error. Then, I tried using the old one 9.6, and it connected and ask for my permission to connect to WFC, so I clicked Yes, but then... disconnected. Yeah I know it won't work coz it's old, but the either it's the newest or that 3947 version, same thing, 52100. So I guess it's my luck then..

Btw, I'm using Laptop, and as you already know, wireless. But I turn off wireless on my laptop, put on the wire onto the ethernet jack (or whatever), and it somehow fixed that 52000 Error, which then comes the next error, as stated above.

8. Prectorian

Its ok, its still an active thread. But sorry, can't do much to help at the moment. If you had read my Information post just above your post, you would realize that the Global WIFI feature is offline until June 21st. There's no way to access the Pokemon Global Link (PGL) website as its down until such time due to maintanance. Which is among the reason why you get that error message. And the very reason why I said in my earlier post, don't come asking for solution as the feature is temporarily out of service.

All the same goes to those using the NDS/DSi/3DS console won't be able to access the PGL website. Consoles will only be able to use local WIFI and IR feature to battle among close proximity friends when wanting to trade or battle Pokemon. Meaning only if the other play is physically infront of you then can they play wirelessly among each other.

[​IMG]

9. Hanif96

Hanif96 New Member

So I assume it doesn't matter which version it worked, unless the maintenance is finished, we can't connect. Right?

10. Prectorian

Needless to say, isn't it?

11. Lanac

Lanac New Member

I have a problem that the newest SVN(to be exact from DeSmuMe 0.9.9) I get error 52100(or 52101 when I manually enter DNS and other stuff) when testing connection BUT the version 0.9.7 and older do work and I connect without any errors. Anyone know why and how to solve it? Also my Internet is on PPoE thingy.

12. Prectorian

Cause the newer ones sacrificed the wifi capability over speed and resolution. Thus newer ones wifi more than often won't work, but most games will work flawless (discounting WIFI) on the newer version.

13. Lanac

Lanac New Member

Kinda sad, guess ill play on 0.9.9 and when ill need to trade, copy paste the save on 0.9.7 :/

14. p00fer

p00fer New Member

Hello everybody.
    So this is my case:
    I have a Pokemon black ROM + desmume 3947 + WinPCap 4.1.2

even tho it took a couple hours of setup i managed to get by the 20104 error and get a WFC ID of my own.

I started trading bout 1 week after i started the game and did at least 20 successful gts negotiation trades, i even got trade a trade pal on pokemon-gl (however that works). couple days in however, the output window started spamming "SoftAp disconnected" whenever I'm not using the WFC and i didn't give it much thought since i still was able to connect to wfc. i currently am able to do Random Matchups (well not since the server downtime) and normal gts trades, i even am able to get to the last part of gts negotiations but when the game is stopping communications it always gives me "communication error, turn off power" and since i haven't been able to trade anything over gts negotiations

i figured I'd get another WFC and try but my efforts have been fruitless, can't get past the 20104 (WFC won't give me a new id)
    i was able for a couple of days to successfully get WFC id's w.o issue from Pokemon Pearl, but they got rejected by the rest of the games with a 20105(get another wifi id) now i can't get from pearl either.

somewhere in the thread i read that unstable connections might be the culprits but i don't have access to the router to move anything.

any suggestions?

ps: this issues started happening about 1.5 weeks before june 5th...

edit2: i removed every trace of network connections in the registry and deinstalled-reinstalled the adapters + protocols/etc. reinstalled winpcap and i can get new wfc id's from pearl again, but they are still getting shot down with 20105, and the output still shows the softap disconnected spam (im get a feeling that if i somehow fix whatever's causing that spam i might get trough the issue)

edit3: well....i kept trying to get the id for a couple hours and i finally got it, and succesfully synced it. it still is spamming the message tho and still get the comm error at the end of gts.

15. EVIL JADEN

EVIL JADEN Active Member

Are you aple to use The gts and the wifi-club battles/trades any time?
    uz in the middle of the battle i get com error cuz of the slow game
    any help?

16. p00fer

p00fer New Member

yes, up until downtime for maintenance i was able to do matchups, i did not use the wi-fi club since i don't have contact with people irl that have the game as well and like i said the gts negotiations was working perfectly at the beginning, the normal gts still works but that is plagued by stupid requests like lvl 9 zekrom and whatnot, i only made 1 succesful trade and was only to test the functionality since the trade itself was of no benefit to me.

it could be argued that the reason is an unstable connection, but as of yet i have not been able to identify anything on my end that has changed so that it would affect network perfomance in any way, it just randomly started spamming "SoftAp disconnected" unless i am connected to WFC in any way. The only feature that i'm sure does NOT work for me right now is the GTS negotiations, it will do everything up until the end where it states "Stopping connection" and then throw the "Communication error" and demand i turn off the console.

17. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

does this tutorial work for DeSmuMe 0.9.8 ???????????

if it works are the steps same as mentioned ?????????

pls reply............................

18. p00fer

p00fer New Member

in short no.

since 9.7 the dev team removed the wi-fi since "it didn't work", read somewhere that it was because nintendo took notice...

19. EVIL JADEN

EVIL JADEN Active Member

cant wait until i use wifi on b/w2 iam so exited
    btw iam getting failed to respond error on union room any sloutions?

20. Prectorian

INFO:

Pokemon Global Link Website is back in business. Enjoy the new look. Though I don't see anything new just yet....maybe its prepared for the up coming PKM B/W 2 due in 3 days time.

Pokemon Conquest (U)

Motonari and Motochika Episode - WIFI Downloadable Content

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.