1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Citra 3DS

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Jun 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

2. Prectorian

3. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

i just read their post. Its really awesome . Great Progress !!

For those who are too lazy to read the official post :
    • This doesn’t rely on Nintendo’s server and does not require a Nintendo Network ID.
    • While on a real 3DS you’d be limited to the people in your immediate vicinity, Citra can help you find people across the internet.
    • Users won’t have to worry about desyncs, synchronizing saves, or any other issues typical of netplay.
    • Currently, servers created in Citra can hold up to 16 players.
    • Only a handful of titles work properly with this.

Dark Infernape and Prectorian like this.
  4. Prectorian

Think I'll re-provide 2 useful tools for Citra users, despite I've checked the previous posted links still work fine;

1. decrypt /encrypt tool for game rom in .3ds format : CLICK HERE
    2. convert & other useful tool for game rom in .cia/ .3ds/ .cxi / .cci format : CLICK HERE

Note :
    a. figure out how to use these yourself, it's easy to operate
    b. don't ask for my technical assistance
    c. since I didn't develop them, don't direct any complain to me
    d. if some rom fail to decrypt or encrypt, that's only natural - not all are supported
    e. if you have a 3ds/2ds handheld, tool no.2 would be useful for certain tasks

Dark Infernape and Neon32 like this.
  5. lildil

lildil New Member

Umm CIA_To_3DS_Converter_Single_Pack is password protected? But I cannot find the password posted anywhere?? Help Please

6. Prectorian

Oops!! I must have accidentally added password protection there. I've replaced the link with a new (no-password) one : CLICK HERE

7. lildil

lildil New Member

Thanks heaps

8. Prectorian

Citra can now run encrypted and decrypted .3ds rom. But need additional file placed in the "user" folder. Making any rom in RomU that is .3ds extension able to run well on the emulator. Thanks to Jhon591. ;)

Also decrypted .cia can now be played on Citra. As well as add .dlc and updates (for now decypted .cia format only!).

- Might not apply to all roms though! -

Note:
    The previous 'user' folder file doesn't have ability to run encrypted .3ds rom. While running decrypted .cia is supported by Citra release posted after 3rd week of August 2018 onward.

9. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Sweet :)

Prectorian likes this.
  10. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Been using Citra to play Alpha Sapphire for a few days now, man this thing runs flawlessly, and there was not even a single crash. Gotta love how they let people connect to others through a server, which fools the game into thinking they are in proximity to each other, which lets you make use of the Local Battles and Trade features. Tried KHDDD, the two bravely default games, Samus Returns, DQ8, Persona Q and they all run fine <3

Prectorian likes this.
  11. Prectorian

18-19 Sept Update might have some changes to the gamepad script. In case your gamepad fail to be detected/function when run using the previous config posted a few pages back. Just go to the in-app/emulator config window, and remap your buttons manually.

Dark Infernape likes this.
  12. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

For people who are trying to solve the "Region Manifest is Missing" or "System Archive Not Found" message/error :

[​IMG]

Video Tutorial

Text Tutorial
    Steps:
    1.Download the .7z archive from the link( by Prectorian) given below
    2.Extract the folder from the archive and copy and paste the "user" folder to the root folder where "citra.exe" is present.
    like this :
    [​IMG]

3.Thats it. All these errors should have been solved now.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    Dark Infernape and Prectorian like this.
  13. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

How to receive mystery gift in any 3DS Pokémon game in Citra Emulator

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    Prectorian likes this.
  14. Prectorian

Mii Maker (provided by : Nintendo films:yodakiller3000)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Download Link : CLICK HERE

Note:
    1. You'll need the Citra_Home_Folder to use with this.
    2. Place this Mii Maker in the same folder as the game roms, so it get detected and listed inside Citra Emulator.
    3. Needed to generate in order to play certain games with Mii features.

Neon32 likes this.
  15. Dang3rBoy

Dang3rBoy New Member

Where do i get Citra Home Folder

16. Prectorian

Check Neon32's post above.

17. Dang3rBoy

Dang3rBoy New Member

How do i use citra home folder with mii maker. Ive tried putting mii maker in the same folder as citra home folder but it does not work BTW: i dowloaded it and it came out as a notepad. What am i supposed to do.

18. Prectorian

Read properly what I wrote in my previous posts, and what's in Neon32 post. I never mention putting the mii maker.app in the home folder.
    I've never played Animal Crossing Amiibo before, so I can't help you set it up. It's straight forward stuff, just pay attention to details.
    Good luck.

19. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

How to Trade Pokemon in any 3DS game in Citra Emulator

This method works with all the pokemon games like : x, y, sun, moon, ultra sun and moon, omega ruby and alpha sapphire.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.