1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Turn based games.

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by oldgrandpa, Nov 24, 2009.

1. agunimon45

agunimon45 Active Member

I'll recommend Advance Wars: Days of Ruin or Fire Emblem:Shadow Dragon.

Those two games are a must-have for turn-based game players.

2. Supie

Supie Well-Known Member

U-G-O card game or marvel trading card game.

3. haseoTOD

haseoTOD Guest

Yes there is. In every battle there is a certain amount of turns, and you have to make a "Breakthrough" before the last turn comes. I think there are 24 turns, I think. And every time the timer is finished, a turn is done. You can also end a turn so the remaining time will be used as EXP or Mana.

4. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

Bleach 3rd phantom

Final fantasy Tactics Grimore of the Rift

Dragon ball Z attack of the Sayans

All these games are turn based and fun to play

5. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

Not many battles take more than 2 or 5 turns.
    Unless you are spending time killing monsters to get more exp in the end.

6. evergande

evergande Member

recommend bleach 3rd phantom!!!

7. MindFever

MindFever Well-Known Member

HUH??? Bleach is TURN BASED ?? hmm... that's news for me

8. Killua Zaoldyeck

Killua Zaoldyeck Well-Known Member

i recomended Disgaea for the best.. there's no maximum leveling in this game... ::)

9. haseoTOD

haseoTOD Guest

Yes, but you might finish a boss battle in 5-7 turns even if you're prepared.
    _______________________________________________________________________________

Oh, and FF Tactics A2 STRONGLY UNRECOMMENDED, Because:
    1. The Law system itself is not fair, and stupid. For example, the law is "attacks that move characters" are prohibited, meaning you must not do a Critical Strike because it will forcefully move the characters. But how can we be sure that we can't make a Critical Strike, since it's random? Also, the law messes up your strategy, for example, magic attacks that damages multiple enemies is the key to winning the battle, but the law says you shouldn't do Area attacks. Trust me, you'll just get pissed off by this game.
    2. Unlike the very first Final Fantasy Tactics, (Which has a more awesome story) this game doesn't have a random encounter.
    3.Ugh, for the love of christ, the Sprite are so bad, they want to make me puke my anus over my eyeballs.

10. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

I'd say go for Age of Empires: Age of Kings
    It's got the pedigree of it's older AOE games and has all the features and units from AOE II, but in a simpler turn-based style. Even if you don't like the AOE games, this one is well worth looking at ;)

11. MindFever

MindFever Well-Known Member

right on! i mean, lvl 99999 ?! oh man,this is madness... can you believe i never played this game yet? i must finish other games first (im trying to be disciplined...otherwise i switch from game to game withouth ever finishing one ;) )