1. This forum is in read-only mode.

TTDSi Firmware v.1.4 fix help!

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by LordArkana, Sep 10, 2012.

1. LordArkana

LordArkana New Member

Hello,
    I have read on several different websites that, in order to upgrade your flashcard to 1.4 so it can work on the DSi (which has been upgraded to 1.4), I need to download three files, load the .nds upgrade on my card, then follow the instructions.

I have tried several times using different versions of the menu (1.17, 1.18, and 1.15) to no avail.
    Either I get a white screen and nothing happens, or it loads and tells me that the card version is not supported.

I ran a check and my card is real.

Any help? I just want to be able to use my card on my new DSi.

2. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

The versions you have tried are kernels, you need the upgrade patch http://www.ndstt.biz/dstt-download/dstti-3ds-V2.1.0-dsi-v1.43-firmware-download.html

The upgrade patch is for the DSi up to version 1.43, you will need a DS console (Ds/Lite DSi or 3DS) that your cart works on to upgrade your cart.

3. LordArkana

LordArkana New Member

I installed the upgrade patch, but still my DSi didn't want to read it. Guess it must be because of that version problem. Strange, I could swear I read that some people had managed to make it work on version 1.44...

Is there absolutely no way to downgrade the version of the DSi? When I bought it, it worked fine, but then someone updated it and even with the factory reset, the version remains the same.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

no, the DSi cannot be downgraded.

5. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

The link i supplied for the patch, as i said in my previous post is for the DSi up to version 1.43.

So if your DSi is on 1.4.4 then you need to purchase another flashcart.