1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Tropical Storm "Ondoy" Wrecked Havoc in the Philippines!

Discussion in 'General News' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rebornalone

rebornalone Well-Known Member

Thanks to Ondoy, there might be nothing left for semestral break since the one week of no classes took some of it away.

It's a good thing that the Philippines can still handle the situation because of a lot of people helping like those famous actors and actresses giving away relief goods.

2. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

Re: Tropical Storm \"Ondoy\" Wrecked Havoc in the Philippines!

omg what is wrong with these people, i don't get it! why are filipinos so unreasonable!!

this is about typhoon Parma. why would anyone thank for the typhoon to change its direction and lead its way to northern luzon!! i don't think sparing metro manila would be a good reason!! it went to northern luzon, where our agriculture lands were ruined, expecting greater increase in demand than supply. our precious ricefields, the major crops, rice, the most important source of food!! i don't even want to think about famishment. personally i would rather let typhoon Parma inside metro manila to lessen these kind of people thinking the other way! argh

hai mga pinoy mag isip naman, kaya wala asenso pilipinas eh!!

now what will happen to that fujiwhara effect of parma & quedan...
    Post Merge: [time]1254764582[/time]
    Pinoy Jokes:

Somewhere in the islands of the Philippines, several bombings were heard inside and outside of malls and trains. Terrorists were everywhere. Now a war emerged and a lot of people died. Different countries tried to give out help.

America: We will send reinforcements right away!

France: We will provide you with our french troops!

Korea: Our armed forces were sent to give support and are on their way!

Philippines: ... may pasok ba?

:D

3. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

well that joke is mostly true when the h1n1 hit us a student of ateneo was interviewed and said WOOHOO no classes!

my brothers teacher got his house drowned

4. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

They thanked God for sparing Metro Manila because it was severely damage. i dont believe that Northern Luzon is new to storms and typhoons. Batanes houses are the attestment to that. You do have a point that prices of goods, from northern luzon will rise up because vegetables and rice are mainly their products.

NCR is our Capital Region, National Capital Region. Manila is our Nation's Capital which is located in NCR. If it gets hit by Pepeng and Quedan the entire country is affected why? I have several reasons like NCR has the main offices of our Departments who gives orders to the rest of the country -called divisions. The port of manila, known for being the best sea port in South-east asia ( so they say ), will cease to transact foreign trade. Airports in manila cannot operate due to bad weather. Even Makati/Pasig, our financial capitals will stop trading in foreign markets.

So, if NCR will have no transportation, no business, large-scale destruction, wide-scale deaths, no means of communication due to lack of power, how can we manage the rest of the country? Maybe its time to move our capital?

Yes this true, mostly from those who where victims of the onslaught. Like being given relief, why should they stop relief trucks from reaching other disaster-stricken areas? like we know you are all hungry, but its not reason for stopping us in helping other people. Like one of my mates said: If most of those people had listened to the authorities in evacuating their homes, they wouldn't have to suffer staying in the roof. To be honest, those people in the evacuation zone are the priority cause they are people who followed instruction. Its reward for a job well done. Stubborness will only result in what happened to them.

5. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Wow, this happened near my country and we're having earthquakes here.
    Too many disaster around the Southeast Asia part.

6. crimson089

Re: Tropical Storm \"Ondoy\" Wrecked Havoc in the Philippines!

I know Manila is our country's capital, but still it is unreasonable to give gratitude in a form of some prayer for sparing it. metro manila is where all the country's operations take place, wherein it stands for the whole country, and that might be the reason why most of them are looking down on us.

that joke is for the government of our country. if you tried to work at public firms, you will see and you will know what i mean.

Post Merge: [time]1254811309[/time]
    i don't trust pagasa anymore. they're quite inconsistent with their reports, and why give such fancy names to typhoons? it doesn't make any sense :-\

Santi-Tino? Santino?!! bro???? ???

7. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

Well, maybe they just prayed that it spared MM. but i have not read that they prayed that it goes North.

Remonde said Filipinos thank God for sparing Metro Manila from a second tropical cyclone and Manila Archbishop Gaudencio Rosales for the order to pray the Oratio Imperata or obligatory prayer to spare the Philippines from another calamity.

It said that we must pray that the philippines will be spared from another calamity. It does not say it will go to any countries or any directions, its said "spared". Go away, do not bother us, begone, let us be. Where did you get that quote? Give us a link so that I may read it further if it is not a bother. I really like to show it to my professors.

8. crimson089

hey hey you're taking it too seriously sorry if that bothers you but i don't want any arguments ok :p

9. johncarl

johncarl Well-Known Member

we werent affected....what a KJ place i live in.

10. VIII....

VIII.... Well-Known Member

:'( i dont no what happened to my cousins and aunts :'(
    i remember when i was visiting manila and a typhoon came. power out for 3 days days and it was so hot i just stayed at shoe mart the whole time

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I'm tacking this on the end since the typhoon also hit American Samoa, which was extremely unlucky to also get hit by a tsunami.

Our esteemed host, Patton, has deployed to American Samoa as part of a crack team of rapid-response network engineers who respond to communications outages all over the world. (you may remember he was in China shortly after the Shenzen quake). He said its pretty desperate, most buildings are without power and the water networks are contaminated. He sent a couple of pictures (more than a couple, but I only have clearence to post two), to give the comfortable people in western countries some idea of just how much chaos there is.

[​IMG]
    the truck is a nissan apparently.

[​IMG]
    the FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency, an American government organisation) disaster relief centre at the airport (this is where aid agencies are co-ordinated from).

Patton said the International Red Cross are on the scene and providing food and shelter to victims, and if you're able, they would very much appreciate donations, whether money or whatever. Contact your local Red Cross branch to find out if you can help. If you aren't able to help, then just remember how lucky you are to have everything you have; these people lost everything they had in mere minutes. For those that were caught up in one of these natural disasters, stay strong and you'll get through it.

12. nikume101

nikume101 Well-Known Member

Speaking of typhoons, Philippines is again bracing itself against a new one...

After the devastation in the Northern Luzon by typhoon Pepeng, here comes typhoon Ramil..

13. crimson089

no one, and nothing can bear this inevitable floods and never-ending typhoons.

14. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

@loony: Ouch! That picture of the pick-up truck lodged on the wall is just nasty :(

The current stronger storm which was given the storm name "Ramil" is estimated to touch land, over at the northern part of Luzon soon, but according to the news reports it's moving sluggishly. Currently we've yet to experience its effects.

On a side note:

There was also a news report that we here at the capital should not only brace for these strong storms but we should also brace for an earthquake that may hit. The people from PhIVOCS (Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology) estimate the quake to be a magnitude 7.6 Quake that would probably originate from activity on the Marikina Fault system.

They have concluded this seeing as other parts of Southeast Asia have also been hit with tremendous Quakes recently.

I tell you being right smack dab in the center of the Pacific Ring of Fire sucks ass :'(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.