1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Trim Your ROMs And Your Waist - The RomU Fitness Plan

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Winterreise, May 27, 2008.

1. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Sit ups?

*Psst, 50 pts says he's lying :)

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Basically just another name for push up, here anyway :) Just normal, meats, vegetables for dinner, no special low fat foods etc., just stick with the diet you have now.

Not kidding, our stupid internet connection cuts off at about 20,000 received packets each time, so when I disconnect, I do 15-20 pushups :)

3. kanakacheek

kanakacheek Well-Known Member

Wow what a man filled topic...

I watched a documentary on body builders before and here is something interesting. This woman who was like champion took in less salt and oil a month before the competition. Apparently your muscles would show much nicer when your diet has less oil and salt. don't know how much it would work :p thought I'd share this interesting info...
    And for abs, you need to cut away Fat before your abs would show, so do cardio and strighten up your diet. Learned that in gym class haha And some lucky people are born with a body that is prone to show abs, some arent.

(how awkward posting in this topic :-[)

4. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Nah it's cool. This is not exatly a 'bodybuilders' thread but a fitness thread. And thanks for the advice, hope it works or you'll pay for making me take in less oil and salt.

5. kanakacheek

kanakacheek Well-Known Member

:-[ Then I pray that you actually stick to a routine for I fear my life cannot end so soon T.T

6. Winterreise

Winterreise New Member

7. waylonn

waylonn Well-Known Member

I Don't need this 'cause I have underweight ;)

8. syx

syx Active Member

sprints tends to make you abs shows (a lot)
    i use to do it on track with my friends and oh it works!

well, it was before I have an accident that broke simply most bones in my upper body..

9. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Sprints huh? Not slow jogging?

10. anandjones

Best to jog for a long time then sprinting for a short time. Cardio will remove the layer of fat most people have on their abs.

11. DevilDinah

DevilDinah Well-Known Member

want to lose/gain weight the easy way?
    pick up your phone, turn on the tv, and switch to the telemercial channel

12. syx

syx Active Member

sprints sure do!
    but there's some preparation I do before doing it..
    I tend to warm myself up in some patterned routine like:
    1.jog for 10 minutes (for the preparation)
    2.go 0-100 for 25 second
    repeat step 1 (reduce the time into 1 or 2 minutes) and 2 (don't increase the time) until you burst..
    increase the time of sprints daily until about a minute, never above a minute because it will break the plateau-burst system, but NEVER skip the first step..
    and, i recently know from my therapist that if you start feeling piercing pain in your thigh area QUIT!
    It means that your muscle around that part (or worse, around and especially behind the knee) is not prepared to this kind of exercise..
    She also said that to strengthen that part you must do squat until you feel comfortable doing this exercise 5 times a week (about an hour each time)..

13. CJneeds6characters

CJneeds6characters Well-Known Member

i love sprints though i dont really need them.

now i think im pretty good for an eleven year-old, i'm slim, i got a little muscle in my arms and i got a two pack.

the trick for me is only eating enough(not till your bursting) and doing labour like even mowing the lawn for me is good enough everyday. my dad reshingled the roof and i help so carrien shingles and pounding nails helped. I also do around 30-60 sit ups/cruches a day.

I need more sleep so i'm finaly going to bed. it's 1:28 AM and i was sposed to be sleeping at 12:00

14. Asitaka

Asitaka Active Member

Eat well... My kinesiology friend likes to say "Eat crap, look like crap"
    and bust it out with explosive training.

15. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

lol. and that's why your friend is in kinesiology.

kinesiology (where I go to college) is considered a bullshit study.

16. XD9999

XD9999 Well-Known Member

what shoes do you wear when you do running? mine gives me blisters... :(

17. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Try sports socks, and WORN down running shoes, new ones will do you NO good :S

You need to break the shoes down, I'd advise one, or the folloring:

Nike, New Balance, Adidas, Puma, etc

Under the label of: Running, Basketball, Training

18. anandjones

Nike ones are always good, don't use skate shoes (I sometimes do) such as Globe shoes, as they are really heavy to run with.

19. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

I really like New Balance shoes. They're the most comfortable ones I've worn.

20. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I'm getting this DVD called P90X.