1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Transfomrer 2 [SPOILERS INSIDE]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by calvin_0, Jun 23, 2009.

1. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

this i have too agree, i cant really tell whos who in the 1st movie, but here, we can clearly see who is who..... and also you can see oil coming out of them like blood in human XD

2. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

one of the best movies I've ever seen

lol most scenes were funny like the time Sam's roomate shocked himself.

3. Adnan1992

Adnan1992 Well-Known Member

the bit where they throw that official out of the plane with a parachute; cracked me up. :D

4. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

The movie... was a complete waste of time. I know it's fucking 2009, but that's no reason to put in two and a half hour's worth of CGI fight scenes, explosions, metal vs metal grinding, etc. What's the word for it... Visual Trash. Once you get past the first few fight scenes and wow in amazement, it's a snoozefest.

"Oh look at the cool Optimus Prime! That's some nice skillz!"
    "Is that Starscream?"
    "WTF! What happened to Megatron!"
    rinse. repeat.

Plot development: nonexistent. Character development: nonexistent. The Transformers / Decepticons could have been a whole lot smarter, instead of just making snappy one-liners. I actually found the first Transformers quite amusing, and have been a fan of the cartoon/ "anime" since 2nd grade, but this takes the proverbial cake. Fuck you, Michael Bay. Fuck you.

Well, to be honest, I'm sure the general public here aren't going to mind, as long as they get to see big-ass robots duking it out on the big screen with the added pleasure of seeing "hot babes". But let's just take this film for what it is. A mediocre film by its own right, fueled by mass marketing efforts in order to sell merchandise. The CGI is the sole saving grace for this film, despite its blatant overuse.

5. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

How does this compare to the 2D versions (series though) like: Transformers: Robots in Disguise?

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Bravo-I salute you-but if you saw the original G1 like me, you'd notice that the originals were nearly the same with the snappy come back lines XD

The "twins" made me remember the original-even though they are completly new from from I knew.

That's 2 directors that, while I will see thier movies, I will not be like "OMG GOD 10 OUTTA 10 HELL YEAH",because that is the audience they want...

Michael Bay (he wanted them badass, not historically correct) and the guy who did Those resident evil movie's with Alice as the lead character, what's his name, he also did the first AVP...

I hope those 2 rot in hell when they are done-though I will admit I liked the effects they used in this particually :) more than the story....

That reminds me-They did Starscream a bit better this time around, but Megatron....I wish they didn't tie the fallen to him....Megatron hates being ordered around, no one taught him-he was built to be leader-NOTHING MORE!

Kinda degrading for him really...

As for comparisons to the original, this one target's today's audience of kids-they want explosions, swearing isn't a problem, some (as some concered people would call them) "adult scenes", and of course, kickass battles...

The original was...for an older generation, this one just uses some of that's elements just for the G1 fans, but of course, Michael bay didn't realise some G1 fans would still want to gut him...

7. nekocode

nekocode Member

I dident like the movie to much, some parts were ok.... its just why have a kid sexing up a bot? seriously i bet about 60% of the people in the theater, got turned on by that seen...i bet that fulfilled some weirdy nerds dream.