1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Top 10 RPG's for the Nintendo DS

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by shocksuspect, Feb 14, 2010.

1. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Same here.

2. dancubs

dancubs Well-Known Member

An RPG you missed that I just recognized.

Puzzle Quest Challenge of the Warlords. You have got to add that in. It's virtually the most addictive RPG experience yet.

3. HeartofSword

HeartofSword Well-Known Member

Same here too.The voices were a liittle fast,but they are really well-worked

4. mass09

mass09 Active Member

Guess it's just me then... I like the animation cut scenes :)

5. namenick

namenick Well-Known Member

I finished it
    near the end i was almost invincible
    i beaten the last boss in less than 3 turns...

6. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

I play so much RPGs I can choose for my top ten.

7. MindFever

MindFever Well-Known Member

...i dont get it ... TWEWY had good music ...more than that, it had an interesting story ... but certainly can't be the best RPG on the DS. (imo)
    Gameplay was so-so for me... not bad but not realy that good.
    Shin Megami Tensei looks and feels more fun than TWEWY. But ...i must play it some more.I only got to chapter 2 (TWEWY)

I will list my choices,but it wont be sorted in best to worst or vice-versa,just a list of 10 RPGs that i think are realy great and that i have PLAYED for quite some time:

FF III,IV,Tactics A2,Ring of Fates
    Valkyrie Profile Covenant of the Plume
    Zelda P.H.
    Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor
    DRAGON QUEST V The Hand of the Heavenly Bride (shame on those who forgot this!)
    Mario Luigi Bowser's Inside Story
    Might and Magic Clash of Heroes

other games i might replace with these ,after i played them for more than a few savegames...

p.s.: again, shame on you who didnt mention Dragon Quest! :D

8. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

I agree.
    It was very interesting, had an excellent story.
    But really the best?

9. MindFever

oh crap i forgot CHRONO TRIGGER! Sorry Chrono, forgive me please! PLEAAAAASE!!!

10. Arron_zero

Arron_zero Well-Known Member

TWEWY IS THE BEST xD there's nothing more you can ask for from a game like TWEWY other than a sequel. Of course people have different taste and there's quite a number who don't quite like it. But TWEWY(hate to say this but for me) is PURE AWESOMENESS ^^

11. MindFever

well let me say this...it is sad that something that is NEW is considered fantastic ,in most cases because it is something fresh. DS should have more variety in RPG.that's why i think twewy is overrated,but enjoyable nontheless.I do like other games 10x more than TWEWY ,so far...

12. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

I'll post my thoughts on each game on the list

Lunar Knights: Never played it, looks cool but i currently have too many rpg's and games on my plate to start a new one

Suikoden Tierkreis: It's an ok game, although i got bored of it really fast, stopped a few hours in.

Kingdom Hearts 358/2: Awesome game, mainly because i'm a huge KH fan, although it sucked that a lot of the bosses seemed like rehashes of each other.

Dragon Quest 5: Never tried it, never will, i don't like old school style games where you can't see your character, like dragon quest, earthbound/mother, etc, i actually like seeing my character as i fight

Devil Survivor: An ok game, i don't like Tactics game, i was never good at them, so i'm just using action replay codes to go through it.

Final fantasy IV: An awesome game, although it sucked that pretty much everytime you got a new person to use, they always started many levels under you so you had to spend time leveling them up.

Pokemon Platinum: Never played it, i played Diamond, Diamond is awesome. My brother has platinum though.

Mario and Luigi: Bowsers inside Story: It's ok, i got bored of it though, haven't picked up the game since i got stuck, no clue what i did last, no clue where to go next, so i just stopped playing it.

Chrono Trigger: Fun game, never beat it on the SNES emulators, so i beat it on the ds.

TWEWY: Overhyped, it was an ok game, but not as good as people are hyping it to be. The battle system was unique, but it was a pain, using the pins was more of swiping at the screen and hoping the right move was used, pretty much what yahtzee said, the top screen player was useless most of the time "why don't you back off", all the damage i took pretty much came from them getting hit, not neku.

13. rocklee823

rocklee823 Well-Known Member

I feel your main complaint about TWEWY is your own fault. I understand how to use the pins so I have no trouble, and I'm understand how to use the partner effectively without looking(including dodging and getting the sync pin), so my partner doesn't take most of the damage. Besides, the reason the game is so "hyped" isn't because of the gameplay, it is because it was based on the philosophy of progression, the greatest philosophy from any viewpoint.

14. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

But still overhyped, although i liked the story, the story was the only reason i kept playing.

I wasn't the person who had trouble with pins registering and such, yahtzee, others, etc Like it or not, the touch screen can be wonky at times.

15. Arron_zero

Arron_zero Well-Known Member

It all depends on taste really. For me and twewy fans, we have no problem unleashing any pins we want. You just have to use subslots and arrange the pins accordingly. As for the top screen, it is kinda hard to control but once you get used to it, you can practically A every battle that used to take time and effort to beat.
    But it is up to the person's taste. Still, TWEWY was just awesome for me xD