1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Tomb Raider II audio problems

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Kurugi, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

As for mount, The mdf-mds will run as is, Im note sure whats gowing on there with your images

Would it not be best to fined a orignal copy in a market or charity shop for a pound or two or cash coverters are somethink, Alcohol 120% can covert it to them images and they do work as in pic abouth ^

I have run the game and taken thouse photos, just befor
    Post Merge: [time]1263999723[/time]
    Mabe flashget, if you have interupted download's, you can renew it by pause and play it again

http://www.flashget.com/index_en.htm

2. Kurugi

Kurugi Member

Well the mdf/mds files have the daemon tools logo next to them in my file list so it seems to want to use daemon tools by default. Also that snesorama.us link you gave had like 5 parts for the download, and I could download the first part ok (though when trying to extract it would get to like 16% and then give me an error like 'CRC failed'. I use 7zip to extract), but the following parts just kept telling me the file was broken when I tried to extract.

3. Jhon 591

You do need all 5 parts in the same folder to extract the hole file from the first part arcive

Are they not rar parts inside of the rar, as you may need to extract them parts into anuther folder
    Post Merge: [time]1264001124[/time]

What does the "CRC Failed" error mean?

4. Kurugi

Kurugi Member

Well I tried downloading all the parts from that mdf/mds link you gave from snesorama.us with FlashGet but I'm not sure if I did it right. I try to open or extract the .rar file but it keeps telling me "the archive is either in unknown format or damaged" or "no archives found". The file size is only 33.7 KB too but it's suppose to be like 92 MB.

I might just not be using FlashGet properly though. I've never used it before xD

5. Jhon 591

Yes them files should be about 100mb each, apart from the last file

Make a folder so you know where your files are gowing with flashget

It should auto start when you click on download file, then press play when its ready, but check the file size befor downloading

Under options look for task manger and task defalt for thease setings

6. Kurugi

Kurugi Member

Hmmm, well that's weird. I clicked on the download link from rapidshare and the box popped up asking me what I wanted to open it with. I selected FlashGet3...but the file was still only 33 KB.

But if I open with 7zip the file size is the full 92 MB...
    Post Merge: [time]1264003908[/time]
    I can download the file off romulation.net with FlashGet and have the whole file though...just when I use rapidshare I only get the 33 KB files...

7. Jhon 591

Might be the rapidshare link, Buzzy server on my end at the moment
    Post Merge: [time]1264004545[/time]
    Dose it say the same file size 33 KB if you dowload it without flashget ?

8. Kurugi

Kurugi Member

Well just tried redownloading the using the files from this site and FlashGet and no dice, audio is still missing during cutscenes. Like I said though I got the music working so...perhaps the cutscene audio files are just absent or something? Haven't had any further success with the mdf/mds file from snesorama.us either.

I might just play the game (since the game itself works fine) and watch the cutscenes on like youtube or something.
    Post Merge: [time]1264017884[/time]
    No, it only says 33KB if I use FlashGet

9. Jhon 591

I should play it myself upto a cutscene, And see if it dose the same

If i had some fresh credit i would upload my MDF-MSD images, but i only get 3GB data alownce on my 3G dongal, I should go in for unlimted brord band!

On the overhand have you try most of the plugins for ePSXe...

Post Merge: [time]1264019827[/time]
    The first scene helicopter ride, and was playing the cd-xa audio
    Post Merge: [time]1264019988[/time]
    I hope when they made that image with Alcohol 120%, I sure hope they used, Datatype: Play Station

EDIT: No problems on first cutscene, gowing to venice

10. Kurugi

Kurugi Member

Yeah I've got quite a few plugins I've tried but didn't fix the problem. Best I've been able to do was swap my cdrom plugin to Mooby2 2.8 which let me hear the music.

11. Jhon 591

If in the cutscene , If it shows you on the bottom left corner CD-XA or CD , Try all your PC sound settings as it might be a diffrent read of sound , not music

Also use and defalt your pSX v1.13 sound settings, are select Device of audio

They should latency and XA latency be on 20ms

Same as emulated matchine, reverb , sync sound , interpolate, should be all ticked

12. Kurugi

Kurugi Member

So wait...when you tried it out just now did you use the mdf/mds file or the file on romulation?

I don't see anything in the bottom left corner but I don't have any option enabled to show me anything. Also, I don't really like pSX compared to ePSXe, I only tried it to see if the sound would work and got rid of it when it didn't.
    Post Merge: [time]1264027011[/time]
    Just tried pSX again with the options you said and still no dice.
    Post Merge: [time]1264027336[/time]
    Also, for pSX, any way to make the textures less grainy and polka-dotty?

13. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Have you tried using ePSXe SPU core 1.7.0 sound plugin?

I'm not sure if Rapidshare support download manager unless you are premium.
    If you're not, I suggest use the link from romu.

If flashget didn't work well with you, try other download manager, such as Orbit Downloader, or Free Download Manager.
    You can search for it here, www.softpedia.com

I haven't download this game from romu, but I'm sure the rar file will consist of img, ccd, and sub files.
    If yes, try run the img file using ePSXe, if not working.. use pSX 1.13 instead.

14. Kurugi

Kurugi Member

I only have ePSXe SPU core 1.5.2 but using it still produces no audio during cutscenes. Tried googling for the 1.7.0 version but all I got was the download for the ePSXe itself, not the sound plugin.

Post Merge: [time]1264029226[/time]
    Nope, just tried 1.7.0 and all I get is an EXTREMELY annoying buzzing noise right when the menu screen comes up.

15. meganova

Download it from here.
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=600.0

16. Kurugi

Kurugi Member

Yeah, I found it. All using it does is generate a really loud constant buzzing noise.

17. meganova

Have you tried using other sound plugins?

18. Kurugi

Kurugi Member

Yes, none of them fix the problem.

19. Jhon 591

I have the original disc, I rip't it my self to mdf-mds images with Alcohol 120%

Hear is a package of pSX v1.13, with needed Dll, bios, memcards mcd001.mcr and mcd002.mcr

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?n0qynnnnjzg

EDIT: My guess is its the rip of the disc, is done rong.

20. Kurugi

Kurugi Member

Well, funny enough, I actually decided to just go ahead and play it today and just watch the cutscenes from youtube instead. Got to the end of the Opera House level which at the end is the 2nd cutscene, and the audio during that was fine, so it looks like I was only missing audio for the first cutscene. Of course I could get to the next cutscene and it be messed up again, I just thought I'd mention it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.