1. This forum is in read-only mode.

To all DS Fat and DSi Users

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Mew2_V1, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Saiko

Saiko Well-Known Member

DS Fat is ugly but it has better buttons, speakers and you can play GBA games on it.

2. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

And, as was said, the thing is built like a tank. That thing is really sturdy, and you would have to drop it hella hard to crack the screen. My Phat took a good amount of abuse and didn't break until it slammed hard into the corner of a wooden desk six years after the purchase. The touchscreen had basically failed on me at that point though. I could no longer calibrate it. You can get new screens and such for pretty cheap now off places like Dealextreme. Phat parts seem to be a bit more available than they once were.

The stylus may have been small, but I found it easier for precision movements personally. I like the stylus introduced with the DSlite, but my Phat stylus never failed me in all its years of use.

If you don't care about playing GBA games though, by all means, get a DSi. I'm sure you'll be happier with it in the long run.

3. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

The Hinge on the DS Phat is the most sturdy of the lot.

4. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

Same here. I actually had to make an effort to break mine (once i got a lite, i decided to break it for the lulz) after years of dropping it down the stairs :p

5. Saiko

Saiko Well-Known Member

Yeah, I am totally clumsy and drop everything everywhere (my phone was in cereal with milk, in toilet, a puddle of water, many places), my DS Phat when bought had already been used and I've had it for few years and it only has some scratches, nothing's broken even though I've dropped it thousand times

6. hirokaski

hirokaski Well-Known Member

id say either are good but it really all depends is on how well you take care of your system