1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Thread where you talk about the best DS games we've never played.

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by buchichu, Jun 1, 2011.

1. buchichu

buchichu Well-Known Member

Yes, that's true - I didn't list it because I noticed a lot of people were talking about it here, but it's definitely worth a mention. In fact, I think I recall saying something along the lines of "This is the best DS game I have ever played in my entire life" while playing it.

2. that3d-trapezoid

that3d-trapezoid Well-Known Member

Quoting for emphasis.
    Mentioning old saying, "To each his own," but I say "loved it alot" is an understatement. I had sleepless nights because of 999.

Mature games are unusual for the DS, and besides GTA:CTW, 999 is the only other M-rated DS game I can think of.

3. Saiko

Saiko Well-Known Member

999, Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, Radiant Historia, GTA: CW, Big Bang Mini

4. Rayman4321

Rayman4321 Active Member

The Ace Attorney series.
    Metroid Hunters.
    Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings. (Possibly the best NDS game I've ever played)
    Mario & Luigi Partner's in Time. (I find this even better than Bowser's Inside Story)

5. buchichu

Okay, okay...but before we go on - this isn't just "list your favourite DS games" it's specifically for those games which are obscure or not popular that you found value in and want people to know about. Games like GTA, Ace Attorney, Mario or Final Fantasy don't really need more promotion than they already have ;)

I know I've played several games that I've loved but have never seen advertised and many people haven't heard of them. They often end up being my favourite games, so I was wondering what games I haven't given a chance that I should try.

6. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

Geometry wars
    shoot em up

Last Window - The Secret of Cape Wes

Again - Interactive Crime Novel

XG Blast

nano stray 2
    side scrolling shooter
    bleach the third phantom

bleach dark souls
    reason for this one, is because it's a strategy game

emily the strangerous
    point and click puzzle game

contact
    rpg which reminds me of earthbound

retro game challenge
    You and your in game world friend sit in front of the tv and select from 8bit style games that never existed
    and talk to him or read up fake player guides.

big bang mini
    puzzle shooter? it's fun it's something to check out I guess

time hallow

super dodge ball brawlers

contra 4
    Hajime no Ippo - The Fighting! DS
    Anime style boxing game that feels like punchout and if you like the soccer game, check this one out.

metal slug 7

lunar knights

monster tales

henry hatsworth

7. buchichu

^ great list! I loved Bleach: Dark Souls and Retro Games Challenge. Emily was such a weird find - I used to love the product when I was younger. Cool game visually.

I'd also add the Alice in Wonderland game that came out for DS. It came out with the Burton movie, but is nothing like it and has a really wild art style, but a lot of flashcarts have issues running it.

8. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Game Center CX: Arino's Challenge 2 is a sequel to Retro Games Challenge. Try that too.

I also recommend Henry Hatsworth. Surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet. The game's hard too.

9. buchichu

I wasn't crazy about Henry Hatsworth myself.

10. viccie211

viccie211 Well-Known Member

Time Hollow is a realy good game where I never saw advertisement for

11. buchichu

Okay, I just started playing Avalon Code again and had forgotten what an absolutely beautiful, innovative game this is. Not nearly enough attention was paid to this game - I consider it one of the best-looking games on the DS to this day. Check it out.

12. mtblade

mtblade Member

I find it amusing that "The World Ends With You" hasn't been mentioned. Even though it's a Square Enix game it's hardly "mainstream", and quite few have actually heard of it. I even did a search in stores here in Sweden, and it's only sold in ONE place, and it's quite expensive as well. Might be the best game I've ever played, so if you haven't played it, go do that. Now. You'll thank me for it.

EDIT: saw that some1 already mentioned TWEWY, still an awsome game :3

13. khoaNGx

khoaNGx Member

Okay. A lot of these are really great. There's a couple missing from the list though that I'd like to add --

Etrian Odyssey Series
    (Etrian Odyssey | Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagard | Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City)

Brutal old-school style dungeon crawling RPG where you map out every single floor of a dungeon. Steep difficulty. Good class and party customization. Turn-based combat system. Very addicting; very frustrating.

Disgaea DS

Turn-based Strategy. Great fun game. Tons of unlockable and end-game content. Multiple endings offer a lot of replay value. Medium learning curve. Game difficulty feels just right.

Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Endless Frontier

Great fun RPG with a very diverse character cast. Humor involves a lot of "boob jokes." Fun innovative combat system (turn-based, but it's unique). Outdated graphics in the over world, but still looks very nice overall. Easy learning curve. Medium difficulty.

Knights in the Nightmare

Great, great, great game. Matches Radiant Historia for me as one of the better games on the DS. Hard to describe, will have to check it out yourself. Steep learning curve. Difficulty medium.

Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime

Very fun and cutesy RPG starring a Slime from Dragon Quest. Very punny, loads of slime puns. Vibrant graphics. Very enjoyable. Games feels a tad too easy with some spiking in difficulty (but still pretty easy overall). Unlocking tanks, recruiting monsters and making items for it is fun though.

14. Ravte

Ravte Well-Known Member

Soma Bringer - Diablo styled RPG, which requires you to play through it three to four times if you wan't to get the best items, wonderful class system, wonderful controls, excellent story = absolutely wonderful game.
    It's not that mainstream due being (J) but there's an english patch for it.

15. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

You guys should try out Superman Returns for the DS. It was my first DS game ever and it plays just like Superman 64, mixed with a fun and exciting puzzle element. you get to fight multiple bosses, all of which do the same thing, so you know you'll get it right by the end of the game. There is also a multiplayer mode, so you should get copies for your friends too, because it won't work without extra cartridges.

16. slapmeorelse

slapmeorelse Well-Known Member

Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor. Unique piece of turn-based RPG/tactical RPG hybrid.

the 3DS remake (which probably won't take advantage of 3D peripherals but still looks a bit exciting) is gonna come out next month

17. Yutrzenika

Yutrzenika Well-Known Member

Solatorobo: Red the Hunter. Rom for it just came out about a week or so ago. Very fun game, action rpg, very pretty graphics, and a good story, it was apparently an under-appreciated hit in Japan. Only negative is its furrys.

18. slapmeorelse

Eh, I don't mind the furries. They have a charm in themselves.

I'm gonna get it on my AceKard.. when my brother gets a new SD reader

19. khoaNGx

khoaNGx Member

Hahaha! Oh man...

EDIT: So I checked out the gameplay of Solatorobo and it didn't intrigue me as much. Its introduction in the trailer kind of sparked an interest for me though. Seeing this one reminds me of another game I want to add to the list.

Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals

Not sure if this ever gained widespread popularity or not, but nonetheless a great action game with some puzzle elements (although easy). Characters join your party and you are able to switch in and out between characters at will. Not much grinding, but if you happen to overlevel this game will feel ridiculously easy, so don't bother.

20. slapmeorelse

Superman 64..? You actually LIKE that game!?