1. This forum is in read-only mode.

this isnt fair!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by aragog9027, May 18, 2015.

1. InfamousRmondo

InfamousRmondo New Member

Perhaps you guys should look into some of the alternatives to PayPal like Google Wallet, WePay, Authorize dot net, Skrill, Intuit, ProPay, Dwolla, etc...

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

So I guess the authorities (groups like the ESA for example) have finally gone berserk and are killing off ROMs sites at the source by stopping them from using PayPal?

I ask/say this because I just read the front page of a rival site and the owner said that he'll finally take his site down after fifteen years of existence come September 1st, but he'll keep their forums going though.

I guess money transfers as well as bank to bank transactions are out of the question seeing as that would make it easier for the authorities to pin down a ROMs site's owner/s.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

none of those will help, it's visa/mastercard causing the problems.

International bank transfers are hugely expensive compared to the value of the transfer. In the UK its £20 fee plus 2 week processing time. Not worth it for a product worth £8

4. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

Actually there is an alternative to Visa/Mastercard, I'll have to check, but its pretty popular here in venezuela for evading some of the restrictions of dollars, pioneer cards iirc.

5. Loonylion

theres amex and maestro but they aren't widely used.

6. Duncan Idaho

Wasnt aware of those two.I only know of Pioneer because well, dollartoday and aguacateverde often advertised it.

7. Fuszion

Fuszion Active Member

I just wanted to add. If you are using an ad blocker, please turn it off for this site! Right now they need as much ad revenue as possible!
    They are providing you with free downloads, help them out!

I also think the point system is awesome! The first time I saw it I was like "this is BRILLIANT!!! Why doesn't anybody else do this?"

I was a Premium Member awhile back, I used the heck out of it! :p
    Thank you Romulation for being here and providing the service that you do!!!

Good luck on handling the membership situation! That really sucks... :(

8. pnjguy

pnjguy New Member

oh sorry

9. ashauni

ashauni New Member

how the ---- i get points

10. Loonylion

keep your language PG-13 on this forum please.

You are given 500 points per night, plus you can earn points by uploading game screenshots. 15 points per approved screenshot.

11. MoDmAnDaN

MoDmAnDaN New Member

So...I just paid for a premium account with Paypal and you're saying Paypal will shut down my account with them????? Why doesn't your pay page say that??

12. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

You miss understood the discussion in this topic, dude. Paypal blocks the beneficiary not the sender.

13. Loonylion

no, paypal shut down OUR account. That is why it's not possible to buy premium directly from our site using paypal. Your payment went to a third party company that handles payments for us, because we are not allowed to have a paypal account. There is absolutely no risk to your account.

14. MoDmAnDaN

MoDmAnDaN New Member

Ahh, ok...scared me for a few. That's good, very very good! So might take a few days to process then I guess?

The Wii belongs to my son and he ruined so many of the game disks he had. Trying to replace then is difficult these days!

15. Duncan Idaho

Get an external hard drive, and look up some tutorials on how to install the homebrew channel and uloader along nintendon't, also get wii backup manager,so you can transfer the .iso files to the formatted hard drive, plug it on the back of the wii and play from USB.

16. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

As for the points discussions.
    Thanks for all the work and trouble you guys have put into this site :)

17. I see no ads on this forum? I have it whitelisted too...

18. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

We have some on the main site - not on the forum.

19. RedSox040713

RedSox040713 New Member

I think the point system is great. It is fair and how many people download games and never actually play them? With this if you don't want to or are not able to get premium you have to think what you actually want

20. kula1911

kula1911 Member

I'm one of those people who really think that point system is great , I mean you can download all your childhood games for free and get that nostalgia back plus "they" need to pay for that not us . I live in a poor country and I would be glad to donate or be premium so you guys can get some money to keep this awesome site alive but I currently can't , maybe one day if I had some money left I will donate