1. This forum is in read-only mode.

this could happen to you the next time you go to best buy

Discussion in 'General News' started by ultra, Feb 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ultra

ultra Guest

http://www.tomshardware.com/2008/02/11/woman_tasered_at_florida_best_buy_for_leaving_the_store/

there's a video and interview highlights about the event.

post your comments! enjoy!

2. chantanko

chantanko New Member

man she went down and got into the fetile position. ouch.

3. Tboi

Tboi Well-Known Member

TZZZZZZ (gets tazer'd and almost charged) Hmm never going shopping in this store again, an F for being helpful.

4. PoppinBull3t

PoppinBull3t Active Member

Haha, there just happened to be a police officer there, or was it a security guard?

5. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

In the article it states that there was a police officer in the store.

6. sesa

sesa Well-Known Member

HaHa tasering is painful.
    I had a teacher who told me any one in class wanted to pass with a free A+ they could take a shot from a taser....I took him up on that....

7. sesa

sesa Well-Known Member

Would you rather have them shot?

8. Tboi

Tboi Well-Known Member

Some people are just stupid and the police (who's alo stupid) sees a chance to use the tazer and uses it.
    Example #1
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=LE6Va7ZXW8I

9. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Ugh, we need to go back to the whole "to serve and protect thing," because the unfortunate truth is that, though of course a police force is necessary, the wrong people are becoming police; people who want power. There was no danger in this situation, and I'm not saying what the women did was right in what she did (cowering away, note: not resisting arrest if no arrest was trying to be made, but rather evading an officer 'suspiciously') but at what point was it necessary to taze the woman? Was she really such a threat to everyone in the store? If the woman needed to be stopped she could be grabbed, cuffed, fuck I don't care, tackle her even, but it seems like far too many police are just looking for an excuse to pull out the tazer.

I don't see so much protection or service to the society as much as I see wrongful punishment.

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

our police force have tazers, but they're computerised devices that log every use of them. They also have a function to make an electrical sound to encourage people to comply without actually tazering them, and the police have to read out a statement before using it.

11. Born2killx

You can log when you use tasers? Interesting. That should help prevent police brutality.

12. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

o.k....when police armed with a .45, you call it voilent, when police armed with a blunt weapon, you call it voilent....now the police armed with a harmless teaser gun, you still call it voilent?....man give the police a break, the police wont use the teaser gun if she calm down and explain about the call she just receive instead of making a big dealt out it.....

13. Tboi

Tboi Well-Known Member

Can you be calm if your (in the near or later future) kid was in danger like being kidnapped and you are almost being tazzzzzerd? (oh, and you are the mother of the child, mothers have more emotion.)

14. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Was there any danger in the situation? It's necessary that police have weapons for when problems do occur, but what happened in this case is that the woman was wrongfully tased. Sure, she could have been a criminal, but she was not proven guilty, and she was no threat to anyone around. This could have been taken care of with conclusion and no one getting hurt, but it didn't. And there's a reason that the charges on her were dropped, the police realized what was done was fucking stupid. Also, the word is "violent." :p

15. Tboi

Tboi Well-Known Member

Her creditcard turned up stolen, so that is guilty. They didn't know it was hers until later

16. CloudBoy101

CloudBoy101 Well-Known Member

This is nothing, cops are on the news all the time for tazing people. One guy actually died after two cops tazed him at an airport. People here in the good-O-US of A get tazed for the littlest things.

17. Born2killx

Oh yeah. He didn't understand English, and he was nervous. But at the same time he could have been a threat to other people after going on that rampage of throwing stuff at walls.

Terribly sorry to temporarily restore my long lost grammar Nazi mentality, but...

IT'S TASER. NOT TAZER, TASER.

And on that note, it's laser, not lazer.

:p

18. minal187

minal187 New Member

anyone notice how their were no charges on the cop?

19. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

ability to stay calm is a personal factor, so even you in the same situation you will handle it differly...

there maybe no true danger in there, but hey what would you do if you are facing a person that trying to get away that might be criminal? up to that point that person is suspect for using a stolen credit card and she been warned before she been shot with the teser gun.

BTW thanks for the correction...i know it sound funny and google arent helping (i use google as a spell checker)

20. Ohji

Ohji Well-Known Member

I'm surprised no one's done the "DON'T TAZE ME, BRO" quote thing yet, so I figured I'd get it out of the way.

That said, both sides made stupid decisions in that situation. The woman shouldn't have backed away from the officer, and yet, the officer shouldn't have shocked her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.