1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Thinking of buying a PSP, need help.*Resolved*

Discussion in 'Non-Emulation Help' started by GothiqueFTW, Jan 1, 2011.

1. GothiqueFTW

GothiqueFTW Well-Known Member

Re: Thinking of buying a PSP, need help.*A new challenge appears :(*

I found a flashed PSP 2000 somewhere with firmware 3.71 m33-2
    What will I need to update that to be able to play up to date games?
    Should I go for it or still consider the 3000?

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Re: Thinking of buying a PSP, need help.*Hardware mods enter the game :)*

I guess that fully hackable 2K, seeing as it comes with m33. I would consider buying it. :)

Read this guide for things that you need to hack 2K, in case you uncertain if its the new or old model, update it to 5.03, and run PSPIdent on it.

3. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Make your mind up and buy one,its simple.Then you can play all the games you want on it.

4. MidnightBlade

MidnightBlade Member

For help :

www.wololo.net
    www.psp-hacks.com

I personally have a 6.20 TN-C PSP 3004.

5. GothiqueFTW

I guess if it's already that it's completely hackable (and previously hacked. Since the guy just popped the battery in and turned it on and it was 3.71 m33-2, with no memory stick in the unit.)
    The main info I need is whether I will need the Pandora battery for each update or do I need it at all? (because they don't have it anymore.) but I guess I will need the Hellcat's recovery flasher only. Your link was so helpful, I guess that's the one I will get.
    Also what ISO loader works for this one?

6. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

You don't need any ISO Loader to run ISO/CSO on that firmware(you also need to update it later), since you can have CFW installed, which already have ISO/CSO support.

7. GothiqueFTW

Is the update a complicated process with lots of failure chances? I heard you have to go through all the updates from 3.71 m33-2 to 5.50 gen D3.

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

It depends how you choose to update, if you had a pandora battery then all chances of mistakes are O, since you can flash the system clean again.

Without, just means you just need to install the firmware as per instructions and...don't mess with the internal files ><

(I bricked my psp changing the default background wall paper, not the theme but the actual background it's self, that wave thing...close call I had to say)

9. GothiqueFTW

Well that seems err... promising. Which step exactly bricks the PSP?
    Post Merge: [time]1297878103[/time]
    I actually picked it up (the one with 3.17 m33-2) and now, I'm kind of lost, all I can find are tutorials for hacking for the first time, but nothing on updating, I'm looking for them as I type this ...

EDIT: This may be the last post in this thread as I already successfully updated my PSP to 5.50 prom-4 and tried a few older games (Crisis core, Patapon2) Time to try the newer ones and newer ones including Kingdom hearts.

THANKS A LOT FOR ALL THE HELP AND SUPPORT ^_^