1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Thinking of buying a PSP, need help.*Resolved*

Discussion in 'Non-Emulation Help' started by GothiqueFTW, Jan 1, 2011.

1. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Re: Thinking of buying a PSP, need help.*A new challenge appears :(*

I saw some Paccie on eBay wanting between £120-£140 for a Phat.Im only interested in the slims as the ones I get can be fully hacked.Youd be very lucky to get a good working slim for under say $100.

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Actually the permanent CFW is more safer than the temporary CFW, and can use more apps, etc.

Well, some may able to load the HEN after 2-3 tries, depends on which tiff you're using though, and if you having trouble to load the normal tiff,
    you can try the modded one, which gives better results, or MHUSpeed.

The good news is, you can load the HEN and CFW(e.g GEN-C with Prom) if you somehow close/shut down your PSP, without having to go through the traditional
    method using the recently signed homebrew for 5.03 Tiff Exploit.

3. GothiqueFTW

GothiqueFTW Well-Known Member

That last bit is very interesting, I will look into it.
    Now I'm back to thinking of the PSP 3000 again, especially that the price difference is kind of big. (and I don't like to depend on people for modifications)
    Also how big of a memory card do I need (or how large is a game such as god of war or Kingdom hearts BBS)?

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

A 3000 is technically better, like the 200 has more ram...

The 3000 cost more because its newer...oh and for god's sake, don't pay to get a 3000 soft modded ><

The 1000 has less ram, but hacking it is 100% safe...however with the hackers now having access to the security keps to the psp's prehaps wait a bit until they get iso loaders working :)

5. meganova

Its better to mod it by yourself.

Depends on your budget, the bigger it is the more games you can store, though I recommend the one with dual slots(or whatever it is)
    Both GoW's sizes on PSP is about 1.5GB+ , as for the KHBSS, should be around 1.7GB+.

6. GothiqueFTW

In my case the 1000 is more expensive. and if I get a 3000, the soft modding will be done at home.
    What do you mean what until they get iso loaders working? Isn't that done already?

@meganova: Seems I'm going to need about 4 Gbs minimum, and I don't mind the budget.

7. GothiqueFTW

What is " a program used to sign homebrew or eboot" used for?

8. meganova

It is an app that used to run any homebrew EBOOTs(games or emulators) on any PSP with official firmware,
    but only working on an EBOOT that have size less than 4mb, for now.

9. GothiqueFTW

Does this mean that it can be used to sign custom firmwares? Never mind.

Does the Prometheus run games from clean ISOs directly?

10. meganova

Nope, only homebrews.

Yeah, both clean and patched ISOs.

11. joshua.rozario

joshua.rozario Well-Known Member

even if u get a psp with higher firmware than 6.20 u can still use hen on 6.35 but i would suggest 6.20tn c hen and if u waited a bit u could get the new psp2 (ngp) but i dont think it would get hacked soon

12. GothiqueFTW

I think that PSP buying thing is jinxed. There are protests everywhere and I can't even get out of my home to go pick it up at the store (I guess you guys guessed where I live by now.)
    So is there a good emulator that I can run the games on, so I can test the ISOs I'm downloading until I can get it.

13. meganova

You can try JPCSP, where you should be able to run non-encrypted games, and those without prometheus loader/patched.

Yeah, things get pretty worse, huh? Well, better stay at home.

14. GothiqueFTW

Thanks a lot for your concern. It is getting worse, I was going to pick it up last week (I even got my modding files ready) but then all hell broke loose :( I don't think I will find it when the mess is over, with all the robbery and stuff that has been going on.
    I doubt the emulator will run KHBBS, but I'm planning on getting more ISOs, so it should be fine.

Edit: the version I have is patched, it started loading and then said the files patched for Prometheus, but it loaded the splash screen for the menu (the one with the little square video on the side).

15. meganova

Yeah, it won't, unless you have it decrypted first, which can only be done if you have actual PSP,
    still if you have the CLEAN/UNTOUCHED iso, perhaps I can decrypt it for you, just send me the EBOOT file, if you interested.

Refer to this and this compatibility list for the emulator.

Well, just hope your PSP is still there after the mess is over.

16. GothiqueFTW

I couldn't get a clean version, this was the only one I could find that was downloadable. All the other ones have magically disappeared. Will this run on a PSP?

Edit: the list says this "Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep - ULJM05600 - Half Playable (Encrypted) - r1796
    Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep - ULUS10505 - Half Playable (Encrypted) - r1791"

What does it mean?
    Never mind, I just found out.

17. meganova

Which one you mean? the patched one?

The 'Encrypted' ISO is equal to the clean one, where it can't be processed directly through emulator or using other method without decrypting it first, excluding the actual PSP.
    As you can see, the game can only be played half through into the game on JPCSP, though someone has claimed to be able to finish it.

18. GothiqueFTW

Yes the patched one. And actually I didn't intend to play one the emulator, I just wanted to check out if it would run.

19. meganova

Yeah it should, just make sure if it REALLY patched. But, you can still do it on your own if it wasn't.

20. GothiqueFTW

I will see about that.
    I like your signature, Bleach is a great show ^_^