1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Them Government/Army Weapons

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by doughboy, Oct 18, 2010.

1. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

*play The Imperial March*

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Ah, Particle Cannon.

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Light sabers, using the force, warp engines, tricorders, phasers, pulse cannons, teleporter terminals.... the list can go on.

4. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

Iron Man suit.

'Nuff said.

http://uwire.com/2010/10/04/scientists-develop-real-life-iron-man-suit/

5. doughboy

doughboy Guest

XOS 2? runs on, Mac system and Apple software.... juck.... :p
    video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UpxsrlLbpU
    edit:
    was watching video as i wrote this...did you see that thing brake that piece of wood....O_O
    its like 100 kong-fu masters in 1

6. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

According to the law of optics, invisibility is impossible. Though if technology like optic camo would be invented it would come close. Light sabers are again against laws of physics. If a laser sword were invented it would be invisible and would continue on for infinity.

7. trimbletown

trimbletown Well-Known Member

Peace-ray.

8. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

The way the research is being done, they plan on using cameras to project what is behind the tank/soldier to make it appear as if nothing is there. How useful this will be in practice....
    Something that effects the brain so as to harm the enemy (like the Psychic moves from Pokemon).
    And I understand that they are even already smaller versions of this.

9. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

They've already made a "heat-ray" back in 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmuyLIrSjxI

What I'm now waiting for is something akin to the Tesla Tanks or the Heat Tanks in the Command and Conquer Series!

10. chaunceez

chaunceez Well-Known Member

Maybe a wunder waffle DG2. I heard the 1st one was a big fat FAIL and then buried under ruins.....

11. calvin_0

the true invisibility involve bending light path so it avoid the invisible target and it disappear.

however light it self is impossible to bend, so they settle for the next best thing, using camouflage to create an optical illusion, tricking people to think the target is invisible, but really it just cover by a camouflage of the user's background.

however i dont see it become usable until they figure out how to create a wearable hd video screen.

12. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

False, water bends light everyday. And yes, they have invented technology that can bend microwaves, which eventually can be used to bend light. Though according to the law of optics if you bend light around you, you yourself will be unable to see because no light can travel to your eye. Same thing goes if light can travel through you.

13. dedboy

dedboy Guest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8hlj4EbdsE

One of these, but portable.

14. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

it already exists. its called a bayonet.

something interesting to see is like on the movie stealth. Planes piloted by AI. that would be interesting

15. Admiral_Lindsay

Admiral_Lindsay Well-Known Member

Terminators.

Forgive me if this has been posted already, but I didn't read the whole thread.

16. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

But, as I recall, didn't the plane in stealth go a bit crazy?

And these too

17. calvin_0

i wont call refraction as bending

18. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

yes it did, but i dont think that would happen in real life :p. planes are struck by lightning alot when in the air and their electronics are not affected, i forgot how they did this.

19. chaunceez

chaunceez Well-Known Member

we could have have the fatman off fallout