1. This forum is in read-only mode.

the start of an end to oil-honda hydrogen car

Discussion in 'General News' started by ultra, Jun 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ultra

ultra Guest

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080616/japan_honda.html

this is the beginning of an end to oil.
    once it starts to become in mass production, oil will be in crisis [for them not us].

2. kanakacheek

kanakacheek Well-Known Member

I hope it comes out sooner cuz i'm going to get my license and a car soon, don't want to get an oil fueled car :(

3. marcy

marcy Guest

yay :D
    hydrogen cars in mass production, it's about time.

4. dmac154

dmac154 Well-Known Member

and the good thing is, the hydrogen cars dont pollute the earth :)
    they only release water!

5. marcy

marcy Guest

It's even better.
    You can produce hydrogen out of water.

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Problem is if you're involved in a major crash you're far more likely to die.

Also if you run out of fuel there arent many places to fill up.

7. thebass324

thebass324 Well-Known Member

I don't think that the oil companies are going to be in a crisis any time soon. Just because these cars get mass produced doesn't mean that the cars of today and yesterday are going to be instantly phased out, that's going to take a long time to happen unless government suddenly bans them. Now don't get me wrong, this news makes me happy as gas prices continually rise, but this solution is far off from seeing the full effects we want.

8. err

err Well-Known Member

Is it run on fresh water or any type of water? (Like from a lake or an from Ocean?) Cause I hear our drinking water is running out. I'm not too sure though, so maybe I'm just talking nonsense. But I agree, less pollution is better.

9. kanakacheek

I thought oil compaines are in a crisis because we are running out of oil...

10. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

too bad oil company sponsored lobbyists will block the entry of the car in the market as long as they so they can continue ripping off people with lack of competition

11. Loonylion

Water can't run out.

12. kanakacheek

I heard that hydrogen cars are very quiet... so I think people were thinking of putting some sort of fake motor like sounds so peope can be aware when there is a car. Just think how creepy it is for a car to be stalking you but you can't hear it cuz the motor is that quiet...

13. thebass324

thebass324 Well-Known Member

Similarly, I've actually read a few articles about people that are blind complaining about hybrid cars being too quiet that they couldn't always hear them when they were near streets, I hope this doesn't turn into a big problem for them.

14. marcy

marcy Guest

Sorry loony, but your wrong.

They already did some crash tests with hydrogen cars and even burned one down, without any explosions.
    Furthermore it's not pure hydrogen that is dangerous, but an oxide-hydrogen mixture.

15. Loonylion

pressurised hydrogen is extremely explosive.

16. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Yay!
    Not necessarily, Water can run out in a certain place by being took somewhere else by man or wind when it evaporates, Water can run out on Earth as well if space men go out to space with it if they release their urine into space or if they die in space.
    As for hydrogen cars it would be a good idea but may be bad for the economy...

17. err

err Well-Known Member

I was referring to fresh water (the type we drink). They say only 5% of the worlds drinking water is available and 60% of that is frozen (glaciers, ice caps). My question was which type of water they're using to power these cars? Can you take a hose and connect it to a faucet to fill up your car or do you go to a "water station" to re-fuel. I know I'm not making much sense but I'm just curious.

18. kanakacheek

Well if the exhaust is water then couldn't they just reuse the water from the exhaust?

19. Loonylion

less water comes out than goes in, but otherwise yes.

20. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

nice, i hope it come out soon.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.