1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The Sims 3

Discussion in 'PC' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, Apr 1, 2009.

1. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I would compare the Sims 2 to Vista, and the Sims 3 to Windows 7. They're similar, but the little details is where they're different. I finally figured out how to switch households since your family can pretty much roam around the entire town without having to call someone to take a taxi. You can simply walk off the lot. They also have time progression where your other families that are not active, age, get married, move out, etc. instead of being static or frozen in time.

If you download their DLC, you get a ton of stuff, plus an entire town. The changes they have made are for the better, not worse.

I got all of this stuff for free, the disc, the DLC so at least give it a try.

2. Kingo33

Kingo33 Well-Known Member

I Love sims 3 Its the best I go on snootysims.com for cheats for all of the sims for pc

3. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

It's the same cheats as The Sims 2.
    TestingCheatsEnabled true is all you really need...

4. LD64

LD64 Well-Known Member

With The Sims 3, it almost seems like they have added GTA elements

5. Hardware

Hardware Guest

I was never going to go near the Sims since Sims 2 but I read a review that actually convinced me to check it out. I didn't think it was possible.

6. NekoHennuli

NekoHennuli Well-Known Member

I wish they'd do the Pets to Sims 3 too. :3

7. Hardware

Hardware Guest

What? Aren't there pets? I thought they did have pets. Damn.

8. NekoHennuli

No, there's not. ;_;

9. Hardware

Hardware Guest

Damn. Looks like we are going to have to wait for them to release the expansion that has pets!!!! 'Sims 3 Pets'.

10. silverstriker77

silverstriker77 Active Member

The sims yes !! i love this game !! But if i can see my sims working, it more fun.. we can control them at work ( not using the tab on the Top Left Screen!! ) But, The sims is the one of the Top games !! (Waiting for the sims 3 : world adventure)

11. Aiiko

Aiiko Well-Known Member

The Sims 3 feels like The Sims 1.5 to me. Some features are good-traits, finally able to position things daigonally without cheating etc. but so much was left out (AGAIN)-pets, vampires, weather, spiral staircases. Then the glitches. I once found a random sim with white arms, a black torso and medium toned legs and head and another dude got stuck in the pavement.

I like playing it but it's so disappointing. The cash cow cycle starts again, no wonder people pirate the damned thing.

Then: The Sims 3 Store. Taking a leaf out of The Sims Resource's book much? What a con. Release the goddamn game, don't omit features from previous games that make sense-why not keep in weather effects, planting and pets as well as cars, the rabbit hole thing isn't that great and quite frankly there is no reason for my sims to go to community lots because of the lack of things to do and use. Collecting rocks is only fun for a brief while.

At least there are no loading times between visiting lots, but I'm unhappy that I can't place lots or create my own neighbourhood. Even little things which were a great help TS2 are missing-such as the assignable doors.

Twenty-five expansions down the line they'll release The Sims 4 which will have less features than the original Sims BUT it'll have shiny graphics and you can follow your sims around seamlessly! That's good right? Right?

</venting>

12. NekoHennuli

So, how many of you has the World Traveller?