1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The school year....wait school?!?! :'(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Linkman DS, Sep 3, 2007.

1. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

I'm not enjoying my time at school. Today was the most boring day ever. :p

2. tapwatah

tapwatah Well-Known Member

Tell me about it. The first two days (today was the second) were horrible because we didn't do any work. It's not that I absolutely love work, but they told us that the first 2 weeks (ouch) of school will be activities to "get to know each other". The hideous devilspawn is referred to as "Tribes Activities". It began with a lot of "how do you feel" questions, but then it got more serious. They gave us a test to put us into personality stereotypes. I was an "I", which mean social. We get to choose our own classes, but they all stink.

3. Reider

Reider Modereider

I think the only thing I ever truly hated about school was those tests asking me about my feelings and whatnot. I saw absolutely no need to tell them how I feel, so I usually put a smartass answer of some sort on it.

Needless to say, I never did too well at the beginning of the school year.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Yes, I know them, the 'emotional intelligence' test. I 'lost' mine :p

5. WBW87

WBW87 Member

dam high school seems like just yesterday, but here I am 3rd year in college, working towards programming degree

6. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I'm doing that too, I just started my first year though, 5 more a head of me...

7. tapwatah

4 more years of school ahead of me... but this is my last year at this crappy charter school (you "graduate" after 8th grade), and I'm going to a community collage that offers a high school program, so I'll be taking high school classes with collage classes. The best thing is, all of the collage classes are free for the high school program, and because my older brother went there I automatically get in :p

I'll have a (free) associates degree in computer engineering when I graduate high school. I'm really lucky.

8. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

When I'm done in 5 years I'll have gotten around $15k USD from the government just for studying. :D

9. tapwatah

Wow. That's pretty nice.

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

and I'll have paid around $28k for the same purpose :(

11. adrelith

adrelith Well-Known Member

If I chose to do surgery at Melbourne University (i was thinking about it) the government was going to be playing about $150K over six years :p The best degrees are for the rich here so the government gives out scholarships to make up for it.

12. MusicAddict911

Wow. We have to pay triple that here.

13. tapwatah

Okay, third day is the worst. Found out almost of of the new kids are total dorks. They think they're hilarious but nobody laughs at them. I don't really like those kind of kids. Not that I'm going to tell them I hate them, 'cause that will get me in trouble. Their total dorks.

14. MusicAddict911

Third day of school here too but it was canceled due to sewer problems in the town. :D

Long weekend, yay.

15. nomercy

nomercy Well-Known Member

Omg, you were following the same lecture?! Like walking straight into dorkville. I know our university has a bad name when it comes to this topic, but now I actually know why.

16. tapwatah

Hm. Well, these kids mostly come from a suburb complex from a neighboring town. No wonder everyone is lame.

17. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

i stood 3rd in 12th at average in my state in Austarlia

18. tapwatah

What do you mean? GPAs?