1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The saddest ending in literature

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Griffandir14, Dec 13, 2009.

1. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

Dirk Bracke - Straks doet het geen pijn meer (the father of the main character, who has also raped her (incest), has killed himself in ront of her :/)

2. ADMSeraphes

ADMSeraphes Well-Known Member

Roger McDonald's 1915... ends with the protagonist's main character carted off to the loony bin when all it really is is just shellshock. Sad ending, it's about the First World War and Australia.
    Charles Dickens' A Tale of Two Cities. While it's not really a sad ending, it gets a special mention here. A distraught English barrister saves a French aristocrat from the hands of the Revolution, and in the process has his head cut off by La Guillotine.

3. 2DamCerius

2DamCerius My eyes for your brain...fair trade.

In Homer's Illiad, a classic tragedy, Hector dies by Achilles' sword and gets his corpse dragged down near the walls of Troy.

Achilles wanted revenge for losing his long time friend, Patroclus,who also fought in the war over some clumsy broad King Agememnon loves. And both sides mourned for their losses in the war...BoooOOOhhhOOOO-----boohoo!

Gotta love the classics.

4. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

I'd have to say the saddest ending was in Clan of the Cave Bear. Actually. That other post was a lie.

5. kenny6457

kenny6457 Well-Known Member

Soldier Boy
    I cant remeber the author

6. redoperator

redoperator Well-Known Member

Flowers for Algernon

7. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

Going Bovine is pretty sad at the end, it was funny through most of it though.