1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The Right fighting style for me?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Troublesome222, Jun 18, 2009.

1. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

lol they can provide "protection" for a few fees

2. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

^Then they'll get you if you don't have any...^

3. crazytuna

yep, that's how they roll man

4. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

Some people in this thread seem to be suggesting that it is a bit pointless learning a martial art when it comes to a real fight. While there is no substitue for being in a real fight there is allot to be gained from training. In responce to the OP my first post suggested JKD, by this I was supporting the idea that you cannot learn how to fight. Judo was his choice, no better or worse than any other system. After 15 years he will kick ass. Many people on this thread have suggested fighting systems, and others have correctly pointed out, none of them are of much use in a real fight.
    Some people seem to think that the only way to survive a fight is to resort to a weapon. It is true that a small person can destroy or kill a big guy with a little help from a good solid stick or a knife, but those of you who have been in a real fights know that weapons are rare and to pull a knife is an invitation to die. Fights are rarely life and death situations.
    Your behaviour before and after a real fight define the fight. Having had the shit kicked out of me on many occasions and having kicked the crap out of others has taught me that those moments of victory or loss at the end of a fight depend very much on attitude before that fight.

Full circle and some advice on fighting. I stand by my suggestion of JKD as it is not a fighting style but more a box of ideas about combat. Fighting is rarely planned and never fair. Getting the crap kicked out of you is ok, learn to say a few good words to your opponent before he kicks you in the face and breaks your jaw.
    If you think someone is going to kill you in a fight you should never be in that fight(they probably will not kill you, but you will lose the fight).
    If you have ever talked your way out of a fight then you win, but if you have ever talked about a fight with your opponent before the fight then its not going to be a real fight anyway.
    When confronted by a big guy who wants to hit you, lower your arms and get right up to his face, he may back down, if he does not and hits you his first hit will be to your arms or he may swing round to your back, he will have very little power in his hits if you stay close to him. After that he may kick the crap out of you but at least you have some time to do something.
    If you know that you are going to get a kicking then it is not a real fight, take it.
    After you have had a few kickings it is easier to fight.
    If you ever beat a bully in a fight never talk about it, and if people ask you deny everything.
    If you ever think you are good at fighting then you will find more fights, some day you will loose.
    Some people like to fight, those that do always loose in the end.

5. Lil SaintDemon

Lil SaintDemon Well-Known Member

Go ahead, learn judo, but if you can't learn it in time, then the best thing you can do is a kick to the crotch. Also, get proof that he's messing with you. Really helps your self defense plea.
    Good luck!

6. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

How many of you giving advice have ever been in a real fight?
    I'm just wondering.

7. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

I have ;D
    A few too many, I might add.

8. Lil SaintDemon

I've been in a few. Just a few. Won a few, haven't lost yet but did tie. I'm not gonna try and say I'm epic or anything.

9. crazytuna

how can you have a tie in a fight?...
    isn't it the last one standing?...

10. Lil SaintDemon

See, there it is. Both of us dropped.
    I also had the moments where it's like "Dude, we're getting nowhere. We're evenly matched. You are a worthy adversary." So that = Tie + Friend.

11. frebels

frebels Well-Known Member

1m 1.40 and i was on judo for a wile it didn't really work out.

12. XYZ-R700

XYZ-R700 Member

i hate anyone begine the fights without reason, i wonna to fire him with thies gun Deser Eagle

and my best style to fight.......... ;D The escape the half of manhood ;D ..........
    Post Merge: [time]1250613214[/time]
    .............. The escape is the half of manhood ...............

13. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

So this bully that's going to "snap you in half" is going to politely wait for you to learn judo?
    *snicker*

You're going to get your ass whooped that much worse if you try and fight back...

14. zanderflare

zanderflare Member

In my experience its easier just to look at a bunch of different styles... then just find different moves/techniques that flow correctly for you and see if you can come up with something for yourself ^^ It's a bit easier than it sounds

15. jonathan 321

jonathan 321 Guest

street fighter would be good i like the games

16. crazytuna

oh my god...
    did you even read the thread?...

17. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

He.
    Oh my god.
    Facepalm.

18. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

Aparently people these days are even too lazy to read.

19. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

Maybe he just suggests learning Hadoukens?

20. crazytuna

easy
    crouch forward, walk a little bit and punch