1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The Right fighting style for me?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Troublesome222, Jun 18, 2009.

1. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

Martial Arts=respect for your opponent

Krav Maga=kill your goddamn enemy before he kills you

2. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

I agree, Krav Maga is aimed at the army grunt, it has nothing to do with defending yourself and requires upper body strength.
    Judo was suggested and I think it is a great idea but my problem with Judo as with many traditional martial arts is the turn over period. The time it takes for a person to learn things like Judo and translate that into a natural defense is very high.
    Jeet Kune Do may not be the the best martial art, to some it seems too simple and undisiplined, but it is the only martial training that I know that can equip a non-fighter with the skills to avoid and defend an attack after an hour or two of training. The only problem with JKD is finding a good teacher.

3. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Nobody agrees with the dancing technique?

4. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

I do, and I think if you can put the time in then it can be a very effective and beautiful martial art. My only reason why I did not respond to support you is that the OP explained a situation which required learning defense skills very quickly. I wanted to present a form that was both direct and quick to learn.

5. crazytuna

after you killed the bully, go woe some ladies on the dancefloor
    just be careful and kick them :p

6. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

capoeira?

7. Troublesome222

Troublesome222 Well-Known Member

Alright, I like what this thread has become. Go ahead, you guys can have it, I've got my answer already.

8. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

It's good for people of lighter builds and learning fast depends on will power
    The legend of zorro features a man who is swift at fighting and he is a good dancer

9. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

This.

What a lot of people fail to realise is that there's no such thing as a fair fight - only degrees of unfairness. Forget all the bullshit you learn on the playground and in regular martial arts, there's no honor in a decent scrap, and bravely getting up again tends to get you hurt. If you have a weapon, you damn well better be ready to use it. If you're not (like a knife), you shouldn't have anything like it in the first place. If you don't have a (non-lethal) weapon, you'd best find one in your surroundings. Basically, the idea is for you to disable your opponent while sustaining minimal damage to yourself. Therefore, no place is sacred - someone leaves their junk open, you hit them there. If you have anything that will put them at a disadvantage, you use it.

Oh, and don't be afraid to fight really dirty. Bites, knees and headbutts are great. "Flipping out" beats getting the shit beaten out of you.

Capoeira is great to watch and all, but only a few of the disciplines from it are any good in a brawl. Actually, that goes for most martial arts. The ONLY time you should use a full martial arts system is in competition, where combat is controlled.

10. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

^^^^ thats what I'm talkin about, if the guy wants to beat crap out of you, better forget about fair fighting, or you'll end bleeding on the floor. And Cj, I think you watch too many movies...

11. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

No
    I just use dancing techniques to help me dodge and increase my impacts with greater force

12. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

I'd like to see you dancing in front of pack of skinheads. But they could feel sorry for you, and don't kick your ass... Hmmm, it may do the trick in that way...

13. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Ha, skinheads?
    I'd happy slap them hoes

14. crazytuna

pfahaha imagine a group of skinheads circling him and you see him do the windmill while shouting:get some of this ,yeah that's right get some biatch

15. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

Lol, that would be something like Matrix Reloaded: Familly Edition

16. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Learn some good pressure points and strike those points hard. Avoid bony areas with your hands.

Also, a simple tactic is to take out one of their knees. Not only are they down on the ground, half-immobilized, it also sets you up so that you can do whatever you want to the guy.

My Brazilian friend is a 2nd degree, same as me, and he broke someone's femur in a sparring match. He's pretty small too, so you don't need a whole lot of raw power to break the largest bone in someone's body.

17. koniferus

koniferus Well-Known Member

I'm actually going to assume you're far too scrawny for any fighting style to be effective against an attacker. I recommend mace, a taser, and a butterfly knife. A rape whistle might help as well.

18. crazytuna

just the taser would be fine, or some pepper spray

19. k9112009

k9112009 Well-Known Member

Try combining judo with aikido. Effective combination.

20. waylonn

waylonn Well-Known Member

Who needs fighting styles when you have criminal gangs who can protect you? :p