1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The Resident Evil Thread

Discussion in 'Sony' started by crimson089, Jan 17, 2010.

1. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Why is 1 so bad with controls?

2, 3 and veronica use the same system.

Get the gamecube remake...also if you have a wii consider the new enhanced versions (or use the ones here :D) especially with one...

That scared the shit outta me, especially the crimson zombies...SINCE WHEN DO I RUN LAPS WITH AN ENEMY KEEPING UP WITH ME THAT DOES A U TURN AND KILLS ME IN ONE SWIPE!?

I loved 4, it was perfect, 5 was an action-fest, alot of people complained...I reckon is was a great game, but not "scary" like it should of been, if not for the lost in nightmares chapter it would have been lost..

0 was also good, lacks crimson's, and the ai co-op can be annoying, but if your think hard, the ai is helpful...at a distance and with plenty of rounds.

2. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

ive got zero working but it runs sooooo slow. and ive got a quad core!
    it looks good though, great graphics and original style of play which i prefer(in the 1st 5 mins, thats all ive tried).
    im going to play with some settings and see if i can get it working better

3. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

zero is good, but the story is not so good, and not so bad either. you should try the remake of the 1st resident evil if you're looking out for great graphics and the original survival horror gameplay, it's really great. i still play it in my gamecube when i'm nostalgic.

4. msg2009

what is resident evil rebirth like?
    im getting confused, google tells me rebirth and the re1 remake are the same game but im not sure

5. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure i'm somewhat near the end of Zero, i just
    stopped the water in the dam from flowing or whatever
    . The item dropping is still kind of annoying, somewhat bearable though.

6. msg2009

can you guys help me out?
    i dont know the difference between resident evil remake and resident evil rebirth
    wiki doesn't even mention rebirth but on romu there are downloads for both, here:
    https://www.romulation.org/GameCube/Resident_Evil_1_Disc_1_%28U%29%28RARE%29.rar.html/
    https://www.romulation.org/GameCube/Resident_Evil_1_Disc_2_%28U%29%28RARE%29.rar.html/
    and:
    https://www.romulation.org/GameCube/Resident_Evil_Rebirth_Disc_1_%28U%29%28DEMONCUBE%29.rar.html/
    https://www.romulation.org/GameCube/Resident_Evil_Rebirth_Disc_2_%28U%29%28DEMONCUBE%29.rar.html/

i suspect they are the same game but the filesizes are different, and i dont want to waste 1000 points
    thanks in advance

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

RE remakes is the gamecube/wii one.

Rebirth is the ds one on "rebirth" mode, just more action and ammo than the original resident evil.

I already asked...I got brushed off with the fact "that they are different games".

I suspect one might be a ripped image or it's the original game done again...

We seriously need screenshots for those 2...

8. crimson089

right, that's the only rebirth i know too. the one at resident evil deadly silence.

9. msg2009

so i should just download the remake and not rebirth?

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Yes, remake.

(I'll download rebirth at some point and let you know exactly what it is, that way if it is the exact same game maybe romU can remove it :p )

11. jlm264

jlm264 New Member

I am kinda bad at RE but when 5 came out i got it. It wasnt that scary, it more focused on action anyone agree? and the 1st RE is the best!
    I have 1-5 but only have 4 mobile ed

12. chaunceez

chaunceez Well-Known Member

hey guys iimagen wesker a peanut

13. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

2 and 4 are the best, 1 started it, 2 perfected it, 3 had the worse story of the lot, 4 re-defined the gameplay, and 5 played on what 4 done but removed the horror aspect to some degree.

[me=hYpNoS]facepalms[/me]

Don't post crap.

14. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

4 sucks, 3 may have weak story, but its still better then 4, RE1, 2, 3, CV, Gun Survivor and even Outbreak is better then 4. the only thing 4 have is better graphic.

15. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

XD it;s funny cause you're wrong.

RE 4 is the best one.

16. msg2009

anyone played code veronica on dolphin?
    i need a dolphin version that works, i have the latest version 2.0 and the screen is dark with only the character showing

17. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

It was ground breaking.

Personally the best is 2, it was perfected here, 4 just tried to bring something new...

A close second to me :)

18. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

yup, best at not being RE.

19. crimson089

i was kind of curious why you would use dolphin when nulldc is 99% better, or maybe chankast.

i think the best is the very first RE. but if RE 2 is considered to have a remake, i will agree with you hypnos! ^-^

20. msg2009

im playing the gamecube version