1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The Resident Evil Thread

Discussion in 'Sony' started by crimson089, Jan 17, 2010.

1. phscarface

phscarface Well-Known Member

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Your reply got lost in the quoting...I did read it btw but...meh.

When there are updates I'll look again.

3. chaunceez

chaunceez Well-Known Member

haha dead mds lol watch the last cut over and over again if you dont and cant be stuff one missile missed his head and that was chris i think and that super ninja sexy guy is still alive his just swimming in lava and got hit by one rocket! and wesker is as tough as they come

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

[me=hYpNoS]couldn't understand a single sentace here as it's read like a little 11yr jumping up and down screaming about something[/me]

5. chaunceez

well just watch the last scene over and over agian

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Watching wesker being killed?

I hated it, not just the fact the rockets just hit the lava and missed his head, but the fact that the coolest villian is now gone :(

7. chaunceez

lol thats why...... it missed so he is still alive.....

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

The proximity, and the fact uroborous BURNS means he is dead.

Even if half of him was intact, it would have burned in the lava.

9. chaunceez

okay then how about his super human powers combine that with uroborus it could make a super ninja of death wesker

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

2 freaking rockets+fact he was right next to blast+possible lava wash=INSTANT DEATH!

It'd be cool if he came back, he did technically survive being stabbed by a tyrant...but that's wishful thinking, not logic.
    Post Merge: [time]1272704679[/time]
    Plus he was still holding the chopper, unless he magically separated during the explosion I'd say he's dead.

11. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Man, Wesker sure had a hard-on for chris during RE 5

all that 'CHRISSSSS" screaming.

RE5 was ok, I loved RE 4 more though, i still don't like the whole non-pausing of RE5, i beat the game, but i still pretty much only used the for d-pad inventory slots since they were the easiest and fastest to get to for me. Plus shiva was kind of stupid, a few hits i got, and boom she runs to use an herb.

I went from absolutely hating the old RE games and loving 4, 4 was my favorite and first RE game i beat. I absolutely hated the way the old RE games had the magical box inventories system, plus all of the stupid keys, hello mansion with like 5 different keys, Seriously who makes a key in the shape of a damn sword and shield? Eventually i got used to the old games, the horrible old game controls and learned to love the magical item boxes that appeared everywhere. Currently beat 1, 3, 4 ,5.

Then i started playing Zero, Zero was a huge step down in every direction, you have to drop your damn items, you can only have a certain number of items in a room, your partner is a huge fuck up, It's like they destroyed what was good in RE, i'm somewhat enjoying Zero, just annoying having to go back to previous areas to get a damn healing item or my grenade launcher. In one hallway i was rebecca, billy was next to me, i was shooting the zombie in front of us which he was also facing, there is a zombie moving on the side of billy towards him, i think oh, he will shoot the zombie when it gets near him. Hello wishful thinking, the zombie slowly clambered to billy and bit him, billy only shot him when he was facing the zombie.

Horrible A.I. Crapcom.

12. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Zero was not only a prequel for the entire series, but also a "test" for the co-op system that was later seen in re4, and then again in 5.

I managed to beat some missions in re5 on professional with sheva, she isn't that bad, just keep her close and full of herbs :p

I did however hate the ai in zero...I just kept him on "follow" mode and made sure he didn't fire a single round, oh and I played as billy msot of the time since he takes alot to kill (better damaged absorption) .

I liked 4 the most, still scary but was easier to beat than the older re games (though survivor...though medicore...ain;t bad).

The items in re0 have to be left, sure but it's realistic, plus you can use the lifts...combine ammo...etc...

As for the magic item boxes, re remake had a 'survival" mode that fixed this, but it was a BITCH because you had to run back and forth...and if you try to avoid enemies you'd be fustrated with the crimsons along the way :(

And didn't you read the files sylar-it was designed like a maze at spencer's request, crazy old coot :p

13. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

I don't really consider ashley a co-op, she was more of a distraction who got carried away a lot, saddler didn't seem to think his plan through
    my whole plan is to infect the president, i'll infect his daughter, instead of letting you escape i will attack you at every turn

i stopped giving her herbs once i gave her an herb to hold so i could go grab another and combine them, she used it the second it gave it to her

he didn't fire a single shot either while that growing zombie moved ever so slowly to him XD

yeah, i loved the aiming and everything in 4, was the funnest RE game for me

Yeah, i forgot, we need realism in a game full of zombies, giant spiders, a giant snake thing or whatever, etc. realism went out the RE window long ago :p

i always combine ammo, which i found out i could do at the end of 1 XD, so many bullets to combine then, but there are still all the key items., guns, other ammo, healing items, going back and fourth to pick up items on the floor sucks lol.

did survival mode unlink the boxes? god i miss the boxes in zero

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

The ashley bit was to control the partner better, a lead up to sheva in re5.

And of course the ai is gonna heal it's self, it'll use it until it's health is full...if anything I hate how it combines 2 green herbs instead of the red ones!

Self preservation, unlike you or me it can't judge how much damage it'll get...and on professional you have to use them every 5 mins-ONE HIT KILLS (almost).

Maybe you set billy to the mode I used :p

re4 would be better on the wii with wii controls....reason why I say this is the dead rising port on wii uses the same aiming/control system as re4 wii edition.

...I was in love!

Re was loved because it held to it's roots, people like Calvin here were turned away by re4 because it was too big a change...oh and there is left for dead for a closer survival game :p

The survival mode was in re1 remake and possibly director's cut, each box held it's own items and were un-linked....

I hated it because if I was on low health, I'd be stuffed, thus I only beat re-remake 2 times before I stopped playing.

15. phscarface

Well now CAPCOM are thinking about the 6th game of the serie to be the REBOOT.
    Shinji Mikami (no more working with Capcom) says that due the change, they need to reboot the serie, otherwise it will decrease even more.
    I'd like to see this reboot, new features, old history, maybe they'll solve the "where are Rebecca chambers, Barry Burton, Carlos Oliveira and Sherry Birkin?"

16. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Don't forget billy :p

...but re4 was the reboot...unless they plan to ditch the tank controls altogether.

17. phscarface

Oh yeah Billy Coen!!!!!!
    4 isn't a reboot, it's a sequence, the reboot they mean is to re-do all again, since the 1st game, back in North West Raccoon City (Arklay Mountains).

18. agxthesorrow

agxthesorrow Well-Known Member

All what they have to do is Leave alone the T virus and Plagas/Uroboros Viruses.
    And start getting the work done on something real. Like a world outbreak caused by a lethal virus who kills people but not turn them on zombies or something like it.
    Enter Leon Kennedy or a New character to uncover what it's causing such a conmotion around the world... that would make a nice storyline for Resident Evil 6.

19. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I'd rather Billy Cohen, Rebbecca Chambers or even Barry take point, and maybe some zombies...but something new as well.

20. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

2 and 3 are my favourites, i love the original style resident evil. The first one was quite poor as a game though, horrible controls, slow pace and was stupidly hard at times, ive still not beat it(mostly because after 2 and 3 its just poor).
    I like 4 and 5 but their a different style of game, equally good, just different.
    code veronica was ok, i loved it at one point but its been that long since i played it, i cant properly remember it.
    ive never played zero, i downloaded it but it wont work on an emulator it just pauses at the intro screen.