1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The Resident Evil Thread

Discussion in 'Sony' started by crimson089, Jan 17, 2010.

1. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

hi... i just want to know some of your thoughts and insights about the series ^_^

Resident evil 5 gold edition will be officially out on march 9, 2010. it features the original game and all downloadable content including new playable episodes and new costumes. i like that part in wesker's mansion, it reminds me of the first biohazard at the mansion where chris & jill were partners (and will always be ;)) in solving the mysteries behind umbrella including weskers and stars. hopefully this one will be much horrifying. ahh i miss the old times, head shots to avoid crimson heads, i think i'm gonna play the remake again next week ;D

i hope this won't be ps3 exclusive, maybe a pc version will do, or maybe a wii lol and i do hope capcom will bring back some horror to the game, resident evil 5 had too much action, i didn't even liked the storyline, or maybe the game was just over anticipated.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Re: Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition

There is a 360 version...

I wonder if those update packs would become availble for pc?

A wii one would be too much for the system...as much as I'd want it it won't happen :(

As for your thoughts on re5, I personally prefered 4 better, but it was still a great experience despite the lack of horror.

3. crimson089

agreed ^___^

4. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Don't count on this coming to the PC. (Capcom hasn't said anything about the PC version and this is being done for a money grab, it's cool though).

I admit, I liked RE5 first playthrough, it took halfway through the game the second time for me to hate it and for me to realize that this is nothing but a zombie shooter with slower combat.

Now that I've got a Dreamcast I should play RE2, 3 and Code Veronica.

5. crimson089

code veronica is soo good at dreamcast. i've played re2 on n64 and i wish capcom will consider some remake...

6. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I have to get used to the camera, the controls and the inventory system. It's all so foreign for someone who's started with RE4. Scares to crap out of me though. ;-;

7. crimson089

OIC, i actually started in re3. it's great to know that there are more gamers who are playing resident evil, i'm a big fan ^__^

8. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Well I just bought a Dreamcast with like 20 games (one of them was code Veronica and another one was a Limited Edition of Sonic Adventure). Piracy gogogo, along with playing RE:CV, or attempting too.

My only real complaint is that using ink ribbons to save is a huge hindrance, especially if I really need to save because I need to go and I can't.

9. crimson089

piracy lol yup, capcom got rid of the ink ribbons, but not the typewriters lol
    but anyway, you can take that hindrance as a challenge, even the inventory is pretty hard to deal with. you don't need to save more often, just save if necessary. i finished the remake with 10 saves.

10. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

It's hard to take it as a challenge when I'm tending to my kids hours at a time. You know? I have things to do besides games. :p

Are there checkpoints? I haven't died yet, but I hate games that when you die, it brings you back to the main menu and you start from the point you last saved.

11. crimson089

nope, there are no checkpoints at that time. you really need start at the last save point again in case you die.

12. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Ewwwww. Then I see it as necessary to save all the time.

13. crimson089

well if you're good at fleeing zombies or giving them headshots then you don't need to ;D

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Agreed :)

Also, I also have code veronica x (got the gamecube version officially) and number 2 (again, gamecube version).

With code veronica, I found I didn't have to save as much...while number 2...well

Let's say I have only used the arrange mode so far... just like my little brother done :)

15. crimson089

whoaaa where did you get code veronica x for gamecube i've been looking for a looong tiiime
    i only have zero, remake, and 4 in my gamecube

16. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I got mine from a shop called "dungeon crawl" and it has an ebay store, but...I don't think they have any more copies :(

Try ebay, it's certainly not a bad game, and with the extra does of cut scenes explaining about wesker, it's worth it.

THere is also a version of 3 on gamecube, I could buy it from one of many second hand shops or...I could stik to the one I got here for playstation ;D

17. crimson089

oh i see thanks a lot! but ebay... oh well. anyway i love wesker so much lol

18. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

They do have a shop...in australia.

Still, they are a good bunch, the guys who run the store (I'm a regular ;D) are trust worthy.

Anyway, if not that, try...downloading it if your desperate?

I honestly thought you'd end up fighting him in game...it set's you up for it..but it's all in cutscene :(

19. crimson089

i've already seen the cutscenes on youtube so i guess i don't need to download it. i just want it for my collection.

i also thought of that. i was a bit surprised too when wesker died at re5, he's my fave antagonist, i hope he's still alive and spread the evil & virus again at re6 lol

*crimson loves talking about resident evil stuff & just can't stop and realizes this thread might get locked later on lol*

20. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Well this thread is about re 5 really, gold editioon is just downloadable content that you have the option of buying as a pack.

It's a shame he's dead, maybe a clone of him might pop up (apparently those tyrants are all clones of Sergei in umbrella chronicles...so why not wekser :) ) or prehaps one of the other "wesker" children might pop up.

All I know is I really want somew closure on billy cohen and barry burton.