1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The Pokemon Duel

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Seph, Mar 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

I always have a Starmie in my team. I pump up its special attack and speed and give it the item Quick Claw. The attacks I give it are Psychic, Surf, Icebeam/Thunderbolt (depends on the gym leaders), and Recover. Can take down almost anybody.

2. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

in terms of tactics I don't really know why but i seem to prefer using mon with ridiculously large hp (it works most of the time)

leftovers are my fave held item ;)

3. haseoTOD

haseoTOD Guest

When they publish it.... Will I be able to see Seph's face???

I bet my points for Seph!

4. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Wifi battles have an option to set all pokemon in each player's party to L100, with EVs, moves etc kept the same.

The standard Calm Zapdos can take a Starmie's Ice Beam (barely) and OHKO back with a Thunderbolt, iirc.

Leftovers are great.

5. haseoTOD

haseoTOD Guest

Leftovers?!!? They just freaking heal like 1% of your HP or something!

6. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I have given my team several more hours game play this weekend and it's shaping up nicely. My good combinations and awesome power levelling is going to win me this match.

7. [Game|Freak]

[Game|Freak] Well-Known Member

lol great I can't wait to see what's going down. Maybe I'll go up against winner? Jk

Good luck and lets see since everyone is placing bets I'll have to go with winter because he is a professional gamer lol.

8. Suiseiseki

Eight point five percent, actually. On a Blissey that's 60HP.

9. rush n kaos

rush n kaos Well-Known Member

this should be quite interesting!

on another note, it actually works far better than you may think. especially if every hit you land hits for very low damage, IF they land

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

yeah my death knight on WoW can heal for 4% of damage dealt per hit. It's pretty useless.

11. haseoTOD

haseoTOD Guest

ON a Blissey, what other pokemons~?

IF the damage is just low, the leftovers is usefull, BUT they're training pokemon to a high level, so the pokemons damage will be higher than the HP healed by the leftovers. So it's pretty useless.

12. Suiseiseki

Leftovers saves lives. Sometimes it means the difference between a 2HKO and a 3HKO, which is VERY useful.

13. faune

faune Well-Known Member

"KentKiller has grown to level 100!"

O:!

14. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Power levelling? I hope you aren't using those new cheats Seph...

15. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

power leveling is basically fighting a lot and trying to level as fast as possible, rather than playing through the story. It does not involve cheats.

16. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

I know that but some people call exp multiplyers 'Power levellers' so that can get mix ups sometimes

17. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Why would I do that? If I wanted to cheat I'd just use pokesav and modify my save game. Luckily I'm an honest person most of the time.

18. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Good ^.^

19. Deathbreak911

Deathbreak911 Well-Known Member

Remember to EV train! If there isn't some EV r*peage out there I'll kill you both!

Oh, and not recording it = instant death, demi-god or not ;)

20. Suiseiseki

Don't know if they'll have time, but I'm fairly sure both are looking into it.

Well, if you have someone checking the save games, that sort of thing gets very easy to see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.