1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The Oxi Clean guy died.

Discussion in 'General News' started by Reider, Jun 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. failtorespond

failtorespond Well-Known Member

No it is ok, my last response on that was already made.

Reading more on Billy Mays;

It's crazy that he died the day after a plane accident where the tires blew out. He must have hit his head pretty hard. I can only imagine the shock his family received when the day after something like the tires on your plane blow out- you die.

It's a crazy world.

2. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

i guess plane dont have air bags....do they?

3. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

It must have been very sudden...

4. failtorespond

Nope no airbags on planes. Just seat belts and oxygen masks to get you high so you don't jump up running in circles panicking. lol

From my understanding something fell and hit him on the head during the rough landing. It must have had a great force to cause such a trauma.

I know in one my previous flights, I have seen something similar happen when luggage was flying everywhere.

5. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

Mustn't have been agile enough to dodge that something...

6. failtorespond

"Todd also said Billy told him he "hit his head on the overhead luggage compartment" when the US Airways airplane blew its front tires while landing in Tampa yesterday."

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

there was some other celebrity died a while back from hitting their head while skiing. They were fine immediately after the incident, and refused medical help, but suddenly dropped dead within a couple of days. It was probably the same thing.

8. calvin_0

internal injury, the silent killer....

9. failtorespond

You never know when death is coming for you I guess.

10. calvin_0

maybe tomorrow its my time.

11. failtorespond

Definately not mine. I will live forever..

..till I die :p lol

12. calvin_0

but i bet its better if we dont know when its our time rather then we do....

13. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...If you have kids, made something that will always help humanity, or just made someone's life special, you can live for ever...

Likewise, if someone taped you and uploaded it to youtube, strong possibility that you can live forever...

Calvin_0, I noticed you've become numb to the whole death process, not to sure, but if someone you cared about alot, like someone you love, would that bother you at all, or would you move on and get another to fill the void...

I'm just curious, nothing personal-Until I experienced true lose I thought much the same, I lost my first real pet because I never cared for it, i lost my best friend because of my anger, and I don't even want to mention the THOUSANDS of people who I made every effort to detach myself from...

These people obviously don't love the guy who died, but remember him well, some might be sad, other's will mourn and celebrate the life he led, but prehaps, your perspective may change when you experience a heavy loss...

However, I do know some losses that have made people numb, rather than cherish life...

BACK TO THE SUBJECT-Celebs don't live to long it seems, prehaps being famous puts alot of strain on these poor souls, if they live past 80, they must have loved the attention, if not, that sam attention that they once strived for must have destroyed them...

But as for this guy's death, it was timming I believe, after all, no one lived forever, and this certainly the month where celebs just drop off and die, otherwise they cover that up with some BS like "new deadly flu-CELEB FLU!" or something like that...

As for my time, I will not wait for death, it will come when it's ready, for right now I have nothing to gain, nothing to lose or hurt, I will not rush the process, but rather just sit and wait, not many will mourn for me, those who do only know the old me, the current me shall be forgotten without a trace, if I knew when my death shall come, I will prehaps step out of my shell and venture, otherwise I'd continue on until the day comes...prehaps tommoro driving to work, maybe the next day on site, prehaps next week due to a domestic despute, prehaps in 4 weeks time if I'm laid off for being to slow in my new job (and get a stroke out of sheer shock), who knows when out times shall come...

Let's just hope that science, for once, does NOT try to unravel this mystery...

14. calvin_0

well my grandma die, and i love my grandma, but i dont feel a thing when she died..... maybe because i know everyone dies someday. The last time i feel sad about dead is when my cat (Luna) dies and that is when i'm still 10 years old. i remember i cry the whole day and cant be happy for whole month....come to think about it, maybe that event make me imune.

15. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Prehaps-sorry to hear, I know I would cry if my nan died-even though unlike now, she was a big part of my life, kind, forgiving, and not soo judgmental unlike my immediete parents...

Sounds like your cat meant alot to you, to cause such an event, the first time I cried over anything other than my own woes is when my dog died, I can never forgive the person walking my hyper dog-but I knew deep down, I should have made an effort to walk him myself, lucky to see the poor guy every 2 weeks, and he was right next door...

*But don't let the numbness cloud your judgment-think from other's point of view-I work in retail, and am forced to smile, be friendly, when I'm not, so I think how they would, and react accodingly...thinking like that has also kept my remaining friends from turning on me.

*Which explains why I snap back when they call me names just because I'm dealing with such lousy co-workers/equipement (insert mega angry face here)....

16. failtorespond

@mds64 nicely put & lol@deadly celeb-flu

@calvin_0 sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you can find it in you to cherish life, even when it has it's shortcomings. I remember when I first lost a family member, my Grandfather. I was very young, and he died in my Mother's arms while we waited for the ambulance. It took me a long time to move on, and desensitized me from death for a long time. Many years later my Grandmother passed, and I remember struggling with my emotions. Anyways, sorry for partially flaming you, and sorry for you loss. I hope you can learn to cope with death better in the future.

Regardless of who has died, death can be a very sad thing for most people. For some it hurts to lose the ones we love, respect, or idolize. It also hurts those mourning when someone makes a mockery of their dying. Let us not mock those who have lost their lives, but let us celebrate the positive impact they have made on our lives, even if that impact is something small in our daily lives. :)

17. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Well the actual total count is now 11 for the month of june...I stole this from somewhere...so credit goes to whomever it was that actually posted it there.

David Eddings (writer) -- Dead. Died June 2, 2009. Born July 7, 1931. Co-wrote large fantasy series including the Belgariad and the Malloreon.

David Carradine (actor) -- Dead. Reported asphyxiation. Died June 3, 2009. Born December 8, 1936. Kill Bill, Kung Fu, many other TV Westerns, and a surprising number of movie bit parts in the years before he died.

John Houghtaling (inventor) -- Dead. Complications of a fall. Died June 17, 2009. Born November 14, 1916. Invented "The Magic Fingers," a coin-operated vibrating bed later installed in motels across America during the '50s and '60s.

Lorena Gale (actress/playwright) -- Dead. Stomach cancer. Died June 21, 2009. Born May 9, 1958. Many TV bit parts (especially on Canadian TV), probably best-known as Elosha on Battlestar Galactica.

Jerri Nielsen Fitzgerald (doctor/speaker) -- Dead. Cancer. Died June 23, 2009. Born March 1, 1952. Doctor who performed a breast biopsy on herself while stationed in Antarctica in 1999, later wrote Ice Bound: A Doctor's Incredible Battle for Survival at the South Pole.

Ed McMahon (announcer) -- Dead. Pneumonia/cancer. Died June 23, 2009. Born March 6, 1923. The Tonight Show announcer during the Carson years, famous for greeting him with "Heeeeeeeeeeeere's Johnnny!", later, a spokesperson for American Family Publishing.

Farrah Fawcett (actress/model) -- Dead. Cancer. Died June 25, 2009. Born February 2, 1947. Charlie's Angels, subject of a huge poster craze in the '70s, many made-for-TV movies, longtime companion of Ryan O'Neal, ex-wife of Lee Majors.

Michael Jackson (singer/songwriter) -- Dead. Cardiac arrest. Died June 25, 2009. Born August 29, 1958. Wildly eccentric performer, youngest member of the Jackson 5, major pop icon of the '80s ("Thriller", "Billie Jean"), married briefly to Lisa Marie Presley, acquitted child molester.

Gale Storm (actress) -- Dead. Died June 27, 2009. Born April 5, 1922. My Little Margie, The Gale Storm Show; her autobiography was called I Ain't Down Yet.

Billy Mays (pitchman) -- Dead. Unknown (possible heart attack or undiagnosed injury from a hard plane landing on 6/27). Died June 28, 2009. Born July 20, 1958. The spokesguy for Oxyclean and dozens of other products, starred in cable's Pitchmen.

Fred Travalena (impersonator/comic/cartoon voice) -- Dead. Cancer. Died June 28, 2009. Born October 6, 1942. Frequent late-night guest, probably best-known for mimicking Frank Sinatra.

18. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

^remarks that most of them died from cancer
    damn man...

19. failtorespond

Doesn't it just make you want to eat some processed food in the sun whilst smoking a cigar!?

20. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Yup!

...look around, death is all around, let's say hi to him...

(prepares car bomb)

It is a scary thought though, cancer, our fav (or not) celebs dieing...

(set's off car bomb in EA's office)

But of course, some people shall be happy, no matter who die's, someone shall be happy, other's shall mourn...

(crowds congratulates me for destroying one of the most powerful game maker, thus freeing the world of crappy sport games made by the millions with only slight changes...)

To acknowledge death as a normal part is one thing, to embrace/ignore is another, a scary fact that "hoon" drivers tend to follow...

The guy who made the gameboy/metroid died like that...sad :(

I wonder, who's next on the list-and will Australia go crazy if another aussie celeb died-who knows...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.