1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The moon landing: ridiculous

Discussion in 'Debates' started by lampslammer, Jun 16, 2009.

1. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

The same people that doesn't believe the mooon landing was real are pretty much the same ones that believe that Twilight is a great saga.

2. mr. awesome

mr. awesome Well-Known Member

I wish RomU had a "Like" button, because I would use it right now on that post.

3. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

Watch the mythbusters episode

4. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

if mythbusters says its true, then it IS true :)
    there are many things that show that moon landing did happen, like shooting a laser to the moon, the flag, the ways the astronauts walk, it is not possible to do these on earth

5. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

It is simulated under water but you can tell if i was actually under water.

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

^
    That is true. :)

7. abhay26

abhay26 Member

Mythbusters rock. They said the moon landing was real. They did all the testing. BELIEVE THEM!

8. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

I saw a show and they clearly showed that the videos were fake.
    Regardless, they still might have landed, but not have gotten any convincing footage, and so had to make shit up.

Anyways, why does it matter? If they DID land on the moon, so what?
    And if they didn't, so what? It's not going to make any difference.

9. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

It matters because it was the biggest deal back then. The US wanted to show the Russians that they could do better than they could.

So What? So what if you don't believe it happened. It's a big fucking deal! It changed history and shook the very thoughts of a lot of people about space and what we can do.
    It changed the entire course of history, invoking a new age of space exploration and preparation to go further than before.

And I have seen shows that have "proved" that it didn't happen and that show was riddled with flaws...they were so biased. They didn't even have one person who could PROVE that it happened.
    And another show I watched was well balanced, and still, the skeptics didn't have much to go on to prove that it was faked. Plus, watch the Mythbuster's episode.

10. someirishkid

You just reinforced my point.
    And by the way, have YOU ever been on the moon? No. So you don't know what's real or fake.

11. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

EVERYBODY, STOP FUCKING TELLING ME TO WATCH THIS. JUST BECAUSE MYTHBUSTERS SAY THAT SOMETHING IS OR ISN'T FACT DOESN'T MEAN THAT IT IS, IT'S JUST A TV SHOW.

12. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Have you though?
    It's still a big deal.

Wahaha!
    Then, don't pay attention to it.

13. someirishkid

No, it WAS a big deal. Nobody (except you) cares about it anymore because we HAVE been on the moon since.

14. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Well, if you really didn't care, then you wouldn't even have posted in this thread... ::)

Ah...This thread seems useless...I don't know why I'm still in this...

15. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

i dont like twighlight

16. iluvfupaburgers

its not just a TV show, is educational, and scientific. your argument is like saying that the news is not real because its just a tv show

17. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

The news is not always correct. Everyone is fallible, whether you're a news presenter or whatever.

18. Oteupaiecona

Oteupaiecona Well-Known Member

That is correct, everyone is fallible.
    However, the evidence for the moon landing is more plausible then the fallible arguments made against it.

19. iluvfupaburgers

true, the arguments made by the moon conspirators (or how ever you say it) are credible for communists (for hating capitalist countries like the us) or people that actually dont know anything about physics. its all there proving they got to the moon, and not just once, they went like 5 times, all the apollo missions after 11, except 13, where able to get to the moon. thats why they dont care about the moon anymore. there are even ideas already of colonizing the moon. why would they be thinking in that if they didnt get there in the first place.

20. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

apollo 13 got to the moon, just didn't attempt to land on it due to the disaster that happened en route. I'm not sure theres been 5 moon landings, but there has definitely been at least 3.