1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The Metal Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gietz, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Gietz

Gietz Well-Known Member

AHHHHH. You killed the thread. You did over 9000 damage.

But I forgive you. Thats the kind of person i am.

2. rorybob

rorybob Well-Known Member

The decent-nees:damage ratio is over 9000!!!! :O *Lazer Beam Rave* Ahhh!

I did have a band i was rembering, but i lost the name

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

That was careless... :p

4. rounds25

rounds25 Well-Known Member

Gotta love SOAD. Dragonforce is ok in my opinion, but what bothers me is that the only reason they got popular is because of Guitar Hero. Don't deny it, you all know it. I also love Metallica and Slayer.

5. Void

Void Well-Known Member

They were big before GH2. Also, I wouldn't consider SoaD to be metal. As their singer once said, he feels that the band's genre is constantly thrown around to fit the current demographic.

6. rounds25

rounds25 Well-Known Member

True, but a lot of their fame came after GH. Most of the people I know didn't know about them, and youtube is now plastered with stuff on them.

7. crimsondeath00

crimsondeath00 Well-Known Member

I've never played GH and I Heard of Dragonforce a long time ago. Poisonblack and Tiamat are awesome bands.

8. Gietz

Gietz Well-Known Member

Same here. I saw them live last year, and they were great. Heaps of people were there. So they were popular before GH3. They toured here in Australia 2006 & 2007, long before GH3.

9. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

I like RATM but they're mostly alternative metal. Metallica is wicked, Kirk Hammett is the man!

10. CloudBoy101

CloudBoy101 Well-Known Member

A few Metal bands I like :Tenacious D, Iron Maiden, Type-O-Negative, Black Sabbath, Dio, System of A Down, a few more too..... I never really liked Dragonforce's singer, too high pitch for me :p

11. OhhSaddam

OhhSaddam Member

It makes no sense that i reply here

But metall is silly :p and just a joke ...

This music is for small kiddys all the time the same egitares :-X only few varietys and very
    nonsense lyrics same nonsense garbage as HipHop hahaha

12. rorybob

rorybob Well-Known Member

That was a completely pointless post.... >.>

Anyways, does Trvivium count as Metal?

13. souap

souap Active Member

I Loooove them! I also like Epica, Kamelot, Blind Guardian, Nightwish, SOAD and more...

14. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

You obviously haven't listened to much metal then. groups like Dream Theater write such profound and complex lyrics that no-one understands them completely. Try listening to 'metropolis pt. 2: scenes from a memory' and 'six degrees of inner turbulence' and you will realise how foolish your generalisation about metal is.

15. crimsondeath00

crimsondeath00 Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more

16. CloudBoy101

You have to understand too, Emo Metal is nowadays considered "Metal" in general, which of course is complete rubbish. That's like calling CCR a country band :D :D :D :D

17. CainMasters

CainMasters Well-Known Member

finally I join the fun ;D

lets see as for bands I like : Grave Digger, Iron Maiden, Megadeth(I was on their concert on 10. march :D), Metallica, Graveworm, Mercenary, Blind Guardian, Rammstein, In Extremo, a bit Kamelot, Iced Earth(how come I'm the only one mentioning them ???), Lacrimosa, Falchion, ACDC, Motörhead(though thats more in the hard rock direction)

and of course not to forget Alice Cooper

I started listening to metal when I was 5 ;D

and damn me for being too late to buy the tickets for the metallica concert in april btw the main support band is Slayer

one of the typical prejudices

so I won't even bother trying to convince you as I already know(from gained expirience) that it' useless

18. anandjones

Alice Cooper is wicked, especially like his show 8) I've heard of Iced Earth. I listened to metal at 4 ;D

19. CloudBoy101

Alice Cooper is more rock than metal though....

20. anandjones

Yeah but still. He brought it up :D