1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The Marriage of Prince William & Kate Middleton

Discussion in 'General News' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Thanks for the replies from you people from the UK here on RomUlation :)

I showed this thread to a few of my friends who were all gaga over the wedding & boy were they absolutely mind fucked LOL!

2. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

The Queen gets to run the country because she is old, what sort of argument is that?! Ming Campbell is literally a million years old so surely he gets dibs on ruling the country before the Queen. I find that most people are pretty level headed, so that's hardly an argument that entices me to subject myself to medievil politics.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

age = life experience.

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Not if they had a shitty life living in a cellar.

5. Loonylion

I would say that applies to less than 1% of the population.

6. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

Despite the best educations that money can buy, the princes have qualifications at levels that are barely average and Prince Harry is an idiot.
    resultshttp://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/3150649.stm
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7822883.stm
    http://womansday.ninemsn.com.au/celebrity/celebrityheadlines/997111/prince-harrys-racial-slurs-just-like-his-grandads

Prince Charles feels himself qualified to suggest herbal remedies and acupuncture over proven scientific medical treatment and isn't a fan of science generally.
    http://www.wsws.org/articles/2000/may2000/char-m26.shtml
    http://www.grist.org/article/a-princes-dream-far-fetched-fairytale-or-a-real-future-of-food

Our politicians that are in power at the moment are a bunch of lying, slimy bastards completely detached from the realities of average people due to their privileged upbringings; but they aren't necessarily stupid. I don't see any evidence that royalty would do any better in government than the politicians given that with all the advantages that they have in life (education, money, connections, influence) most of them have trouble presenting themselves as any better than our politicians in terms of intelligence or decency (despite having less responsibilities than politicians and more free time).
    It seems to me that the only members of the royal family that don't come across in a bad light are those that are reserved in their actions and words (or aren't heard from at all) such as the queen.

7. Loonylion

william did quite well at university actually. And I didn't mention charles for a reason, it's common knowledge that he's an idiot.

Also william works as a search and rescue pilot, that's a far more important job than you'd ever catch any of the tories doing. Or nu liebour, for that matter.

8. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Pretty sure all those politicians are older than you. Your argument falls apart when you haphazardly slap reasoning onto whatever suits you at the time.

9. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I'm kind of ignoring the ongoing current conversation at the moment, just to add this:

The only time I want to see/read about Kate Middleton is when she's caught on the beach in various bikinis (or lack there of). I care very little about the monarchy, but I don't mind seeing attractive women in various stages of undress.

10. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Amen.

11. Reider

Reider Modereider

I would like to add my approval of this as well.

12. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

Amen. I can't wait for the national drama when he and the thing he married become heads of the monarchy, the NATIONAL debate over whether or not Bowles will become Queen Consort alone will be hilarious.

13. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Gee, I never expected nor intended this thread turning into a debate discussion :)

But if you must then keep at it this'll definitely rattle the brains of a few folks I know.

14. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

Shame its just turning into how nice kate looks on the beach

15. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

Even outside the U.K., we're being bombarded with their wedding in the media.
    It's not exactly "breaking/urgent news", yet it's marketed as that even here.

16. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

Im English as you all know, and I personally couldn't give a shit. I was just saying this morning if terrorists decided to bomb the wedding or something it would at least be something decent to watch instead of the shite.
    Will's a nice bloke and all that but I don't want to watch it endlessly on TV for the next 3 weeks and it makes no difference to me if they marry, if they don't or even if he marries someone else, it wont affect my life or any other normal brits life in any way.

17. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

Bit over the top seeing as it is generating huge revenue for the uk with the merch and chinese/japanese tourists spending big money to be part of it. I still feel there appeal and coverage is ridiculous .

18. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

Yeah a bit over the top and it wasn't serious but it would certainly get my interest, will I watch the wedding? Hell no. Will I if it blows up? Yep, and the highlights.
    I don't understand what is so interesting about a wedding, especially to foreigners.

19. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Judging by what England is now,it should be some sort of Bollywood style wedding.

20. aaliya

aaliya New Member

I don't agree with the above poster, cause I really think that this will be the best wedding ever we all will able to see, and this one will truly be a Royal Wedding, as number of guests are coming in this wedding, I am too excited to Watch I am sure that kate will look fabulous in her wedding dress, Its so tough now to wait for 29th April