1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The Legend of Zelda OoT has been Bastardized

Discussion in 'Rants' started by shinra358, Jun 21, 2011.

1. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Agreed.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

the brightness thing could quite easily be the screen and the actual game is unchanged in that respect.

3. Void

Void Well-Known Member

That is way too fucking bright.

4. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

You just can't play OOT on a little screen can't you?

5. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

You would think someone would have noticed that the game runs way too bright and made changes accordingly...

6. Jonez001

* _ * just set the brightness of the 3DS a bit down.

7. megashell

megashell Well-Known Member

What are you talking about! the graphic changes are insane! not changed much pff

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Screenshot 2 is a clasic example! the game cube cant even draw in the whole frigen boss/dungeon , the drawing distance is shit, By the way, looks a lot darker then the game cube version! yeah >:D

the 3ds version in all ways is a much better version then the gamecube ever could hope to be!
    And the brightness? okay your talking shit! go play the game yourself and see
    videos always record brighter or darker, not how the game is at all

8. Jonez001

You sir got just a WIN

9. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Dodongo looks pretty cool with the graphics updates in this new one. I'm not sure how I feel about the lack of fog though, it kind of defined the atmosphere but I'm sure they focused more on could than should when revamping such an old game especially when the prior reasons were technological limitations.

I haven't been following videogames recently. I can't play this on a regular DS, right?

10. megashell

megashell Well-Known Member

the only reason for the fog in the old game was to try and hide the fact that drawing distance could only be drawn in to the next 12 steps X_X

11. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Yeah, which is why I mentioned they probably didn't even consider leaving it since the cause for it was a technological limitation rather than an artistic choice. But I think it worked cool artistically, as an atmosphere effect.

Maybe it's just nostalgic. I don't know, just my opinion.

Edit: don't hate on OoT dd mang

12. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I'd say it worked as both a technical imitation and artistic design since the two worked together well.

But then I'd have to suggest that Perfect Dark was so fucking cool because when the frame rate dropped the game went into slow motion.
    loljk, SORTA

13. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Oh man, I miss that.

14. fabvini

fabvini Well-Known Member

You can't play Oot on DS. Only on 3DS.