1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time vs. Twilight Princess.

Discussion in 'Debates' started by CloudBoy101, Mar 11, 2008.

1. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Link is almost always different in each game, not really look, but personality if you know what I mean. (even though he doesn't talk at ALL). Some of the Zelda games mention that Link has a mark on his right hand, like in the Oracles.

2. CloudBoy101

CloudBoy101 Well-Known Member

Yes, the tri-force piece of Courage. Zelda has the piece of Wisdom and Ganon/Ganondorf has the piece of Power, thats why Ganon's always steals Zelda away and is always pissed off at Link, he wants all the pieces of the tri-force so he can completely rule Hyrule ;D

3. kingofgamemasters777

kingofgamemasters777 Well-Known Member

is there a zelda time line some ware because it can get cofusing triying to find out what happens when i know that tp is after oot and monjoras mask but what about the other games?

4. martinnewton

martinnewton Active Member

never played Twilight princess, Didnt like Ocarina Of time :p if it had new graphics id probably like it, but the Blockhead people and stuff made me have headaches :p i prolly liked majoras mask better.

5. CloudBoy101

Well first off, Majoras Mask used the same exact engine for it's graphics as Ocarina of Time. If you actually grew up with Ocarina of Time, you would know that it was a break through game when it came out, graphics and gameplay wise (still is in gameplay wise) "A true gamer relies on smooth gameplay and storyline before graphics"

Go back to the NES and experience what gaming has evolved to.

6. kingofgamemasters777

yah oot had grat graphic for that time(i dident grow up in that time but i can tell from the games before it) but dos eney body know where a time line is?

7. CloudBoy101

There technical isn't a timeline, you have to play through the games and see which ones fit together, but no one really knows if one game is before the other. (other than Ocarina of Time to Majoras Mask and Twilight Princess, or Wind Waker to Phantom Hourglass)

8. kingofgamemasters777

hers how i thank it goes; the first game, oot, monjoras mask, tp, windwaker, phontom hour glass. i havent ben able to piece to gether the gba gb and gbc games yet

9. anandjones

The Oracle games don't really continue and Minish Cap didn't continue, but The Adventure Of Link might have continued as Link's Awakening, I really don't know as I haven't played that.

10. kingofgamemasters777

it would be cool if in the next game there would be a good and a dark link

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

they've had dark link in games before.

12. anandjones

Yes such as Ocarina Of Time, but it was called Shadow Link. I had trouble with that guy.

13. wiirdos

wiirdos Member

Nintendo worked on TP for about 5-6 years, and they still can't top off OoT.
    I spent waayy more time beating OoT 15 times in a row as opposed to beating TP 3 times in a row.
    But TP was also a masterpiece in itself. I wish the game would have a higher difficulty level, and
    more purposeful side quests. I also thought the Wii versions controls felt a little tacked on and forced.
    Flicking a Wii controller back and fourth just didn't feel natrual, and easily wears out and becomes
    gimmicky. Maybe the next Wii zelda will fix the wii controls to make a more sword fighting-like feel to the game.

OoT on the other hand; is about as close to perfection as gaming goes. I still can find myself having a blast
    spending hours playing something i've beaten 15-17 times over. ;D

14. martinnewton

martinnewton Active Member

Fair point cloudboy, i just found majoras mask more fun, and a littlefrustrating, notice i never mentioned nothing on the blockhead style graphics when i mentioned it :p ? OOT was too boring, and admitedly a little hard, was only like 9 when it came out, didnt have my attention for very long.

15. 1Blacks1

1Blacks1 Well-Known Member

Makes 2 of us. Shadow Link pissed me off. he kept blocking and doing the same shit i did. so gay

But then again thats what kept me onto the game because i kept saying to myself that il stop playing when i beat him. if i didnt play this game i honestly would be into crap games. This game made me think outside the box, i had to think technically and Rationally and lets not forget quickly. this was the game that improved my senses of speed, Then came Smash Brother Melee That did the rest. Young link is SWEEET!! on it

16. mczack26

mczack26 Member

Is it possible to port OoT to the ds? (Kinda like what they did with mario 64?)

17. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

nope, OoT was vastly bigger and more demanding than Mario64.

18. mczack26

mczack26 Member

Shame ... that would be awsome :-[

19. david23

david23 Well-Known Member

I think twilight princess is a better game. The storyline in twilight princess is far more advanced than the basic storyline in OoT. I am not rating the game because it's fun to play I am rating for the sound,gameplay smooth engine and many other things.

And it feels like everyone is saying that OoT is better because they want to write something new.

20. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Games are fun to play because of all of what you said, so basically, you're rating it on a professional readers, who likes reading for work, and not for fun... Shame on you man
    oh, and I still hold up to my point that Wind Waker is better than both of them