1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time vs. Twilight Princess.

Discussion in 'Debates' started by CloudBoy101, Mar 11, 2008.

1. CloudBoy101

CloudBoy101 Well-Known Member

I've been meaning to talk about this topic for some time now. A few months ago, I finished Twilight Princess (for GameCube). I thought the storyline was great, the gameplay was very smooth and easy to get used to, and lets not forget the graphic where gorgeous, especially while in the Twilight realm. After finishing the game I had to make a harsh choice. Was Twilight better then Ocarina? I've been playing Ocarina since the game first can out, it was actually the first game I bought with my new Nintendo 64. I enjoyed many hours of gameplay from then to now. I finally decided that both games where great, and should be treated as equals.

What's your opinion on the matter? Which game do you think is better, Ocarina or Twilight?

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Definitely Ocarina of Time, I have played both and beat them but OoT definitely left me very satisfied. Ocarina is one of my favourite games and I have gotten all the golden skulltulas ;D

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Ocarina, no contest. it took me longer to finish than twilight princess.

4. CloudBoy101

Yeah, but I mean gameplay and story wise, which do you believe is a better Zelda? I really enjoyed Twilight Princess.....I mean, it was kinda easy to beat, but it was really fun.

5. les1312

les1312 Member

I love both the games they are absolutely fab. But i have to agree with you guys. Ocarina is the better game by far i mean the storyline was amazing and the gameplay was good. It was a game even my grandad got into, which was very suprising to myself and my brother. i do have to say that twilight princess is an amazing game though and the storyline is very good. but i just prefer ocarina.

6. rorybob

rorybob Well-Known Member

OoT , without a doubt... Just wipes the floor with it.
    Pure hard Zelda.
    TP is you could say the same , but its not quite so Pure and not quite so Hard
    (My rating of hard is that i finished TP, but OoT still troubles me after about 5 years.Thats a whole lotta game time:D)

7. 1Blacks1

1Blacks1 Well-Known Member

Ocarina of time - Master Quest all the way.

i found this Defficult, exiting,100& Fun, and even to this day if i play it il dump all my other games and play Ocarina untill i finnish it. i think they should remake it into a WII game. and obviously add a bit of this and that encluding graphics and fixing up glitchs.

Twilight princess is fun and has Good storyline and graphics but it jus hasnt got the quality of Ocarina. it doesnt have the feeling.

8. CloudBoy101

I thought master quest was easier than the original OoT. Especially the water temple. I remember, on the original, it being really long, probably the longest of them all. I beat the water temple extremely fast on Master Quest, it was insane. I still liked Master Quest, but it wasn't nearly as fun as Ocarina.

9. rorybob

rorybob Well-Known Member

They released it on the VC
    :D

10. PhatomKids

PhatomKids Well-Known Member

I like all Zelda game so i wont compare them but if you really want to know it would be Ocarina of Time

11. Relys

Relys Well-Known Member

Twilight Princess freaking sucked monkey butt.

OOT is not the classified as the best Zelda game.. It's simply the best game ever.

Seriously, Twilight Princess was a disappointment. The level of NPC interaction was subpar at best, and the side quests were a joke. The whole world felt dead to me. OOT managed to create much more immersion. The whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth.

12. err

err Well-Known Member

There are no words to describe how much Ocarina of Time kicked ass. I mean, common, you just CANT compete with this game. You just can't.

13. crimsondeath00

crimsondeath00 Well-Known Member

I haven't played Twilight Princess, but I can't see it getting any better than Ocarina of Time.

14. CloudBoy101

Twilight Princess is in no way better that Ocarina of Time, but I believe it did live up to it's hype. If anything, it should be played for it's storyline alone.

15. les1312

les1312 Member

I have to say Oot is by far the best zelda game and quite possibly the best game iv ever played or ever gonna play. The story line was the best and the water dungeon was realy long. Iv been playing it on my N64 for the past 3 weeks and im still finding it hard to do after 5/6 years or so. That is how you define a true game. One you find difficult every time you play it even if you have completed it before.

16. CloudBoy101

I've never really found the game that hard...... Only when I first beat it of course, but I was nine then.

17. les1312

les1312 Member

The only part of the game that gets me every time is the water dungeon at the bottom of the lake. I always seem to find that bit hard and confusing.

18. CloudBoy101

Same with my brother and sister, they would always get me to do it :D Though my sister hated the Fire Temple and always got my brother to do it for her :p

19. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Fire Temple is actually pretty easy. The water temple got really easy to do after doing it 10 or so times.

20. CloudBoy101

I've probably done it hundreds of times to be honest.