1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The Legend Of Zelda Ocarina Of Time, DS game ever be possible

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by rootwo62, Oct 16, 2009.

1. deanalexander

deanalexander Well-Known Member

altered OoT will fail. It has to be the same ;D therefore impossible to port to the DS

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

With alot of work...but it won't happen because you can get it on the wii virtual console ALOT cheaper than a ds cart...

AND IT WON'T BE UP FOR DSI SHOP-TRUST ME!

But it was a waste...the wii virtual console version is cheaper.

They did it with super mario 64.

...why is this thing still going?

3. deanalexander

deanalexander Well-Known Member

It was one of the first games on the DS (UK anyway)
    The Wii wasn't out when the Nintendo DS came out.

4. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

(Deleted all my posts here because I get sick of people who don't know what I mean)

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

That is true...forgot all about that.

The extra content on it is an attempt to justifiy the re-release I guess.

6. Avatar33

better if they made a remake for the wii with better graphics and so on

7. yoshi2889

(Deleted all my posts here because I get sick of people who don't know what I mean)

8. hightimes

hightimes Well-Known Member

I believe Nintendo could remake the OoT's for the DS, but it probably would not be as good as the N64 counterpart. That's why it's a bad idea.

H.

p.s. I would still play a DS version of OoT's. I love that game.

9. redoperator

redoperator Well-Known Member

oot and MM on the DS well good idea, and the loadout screen/ map will have to be at the bottom, aside from that, aim can come from the stylis...

... how about starcraft DS?

10. yoshi2889

11. bobafett1136

bobafett1136 Well-Known Member

YoshiFlip, how did they make Mario 64 DS then? I'd bet anyone all my money that if Nintendo actually tried to get Oot or MM onto the DS they will succeed somehow.

12. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

They will, but the problem is as someone pointed out to me, it's cheaper to download it via virtual console on the wii rather than an expensive cartridge...

Your gonna have to put alot of new content to justifiy it's purchase.

And you know what..they won't, they made super mario 64 port because this was made before the wii..if interest in zelda was more then it might have been this :)

13. bobafett1136

bobafett1136 Well-Known Member

Very true Hypnos,

but there is one contradiction in your statement (Phoenix Wright is so FTW), I never said they will make it, only that if they put the effort into actually getting the game on the DS it would work.

OBJECTION! ;)

Boba

14. yoshi2889

15. Crazy88

Crazy88 New Member

ummm, super mario 64 ds for example? its a remake and uhh its improved too... get your facts straight.

16. yoshi2889

17. MyAwesomeEgo

MyAwesomeEgo Member

OoT can only be remade if they took down a few graphics.. because normally N64 graphics surpass the DS's graphics.. So they may have to either make it crappy looking or make the game shorter

18. xelados

xelados Well-Known Member

The DS outperforms the N64 in terms of effects, with its hardware fogging, cel-shading, and better texture work. Both have 4 MB of RAM (the N64's expansion pak brings that up to 12 IIRC). The N64 outputs to a higher resolution and supports a few hundred more polygons (iirc).

At the end of the day, the DS is just the slightest bit more capable due to the 3-D effects built into the hardware that the N64 didn't have. Please, do your research before spouting things off. Ocarina could be done on the DS and even look better thanks to the superior texturing the DS has.

19. eyeball226

eyeball226 Well-Known Member

How on earth would making the game shorter help? I mean... ok, you think the DS is not powerful enough to pull of OoT so I can see how you'd think they'd have to make the game look worse to make it work. REALLY though, how would making the game shorter solve anything supposing that the DS was lacking in power? The only thing that imposes a limit on the length of a game is the storage space available on the medium used by the system. IIRC, DS cards can hold several times more than the biggest N64 game paks. I think that the biggest N64 games were 512Mb (that's 64MB) whereas I have seen 256MB DS games. That might not even be the maximum.

Also, the DS could handle Ocarina of Time as long as it was optimised for the DS. I don't think porting anything to or from the N64 is very easy as it had crazy architecture.

20. redoperator

redoperator Well-Known Member

very true, if they were able to 1, put super mario 64 in DS form, and 2, make KH 358/2D for the DS, why in Hell not make LoZ: OoT of MM for the DS? its a small file and it (with a bit of imagination)can be optimized for the DS