1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The Legend Of Zelda Ocarina Of Time, DS game ever be possible

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by rootwo62, Oct 16, 2009.

1. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

They cannot build another planet :p

2. drew44

drew44 Well-Known Member

it could be possible you never know

3. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

meaby with homebrewing?
    A 2D edition are something like that?

4. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

Who would want to waste their time debasing the game?.

5. Jonez001

Me? No, because I can't homebrew (yet) :p

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Exactly.

It would be like cross breeding a cat and dog..agains't all that is holy...a crime agaisn't nature!

7. Jonez001

There is a 2D version of The Legend Of Zelda Ocarina Of Time! But the creator died in a car acident but that is just information.

I know it would be difficult to make it to the DS, even a port.
    On the moment I wrote this it is just a dream :'( but who knows later there is meaby a working rom / homebrew / port or what ever ....

8. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

oh okayz, then good luck on your future work and pray you don't suffer the same fate as that guy, it might be a curse you know.

9. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Dampe didn't die, he faked it

Many have tried to make OoT 2D

they all fail

10. xelados

xelados Well-Known Member

In order for it to be made for the DS (as Super Mario 64 was), it would need to be optimized for the target hardware. This means the textures and models would all be reassessed, every area tested on the different hardware, draw-distance tweaked, etc. In short, it would need to be remade. That's why they're called remakes. If you say it can't be done, you're wrong. DS cards can hold up to 256 MB (Ocarina is a measly 24 as-is), and Mario 64 DS had a LOT of improvements. Needless to say, if it ever hit the DS you would see (slightly) better models and some more stable framerates, maybe a few extras.

But a homebrew effort? Forget it.

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

The fact that it can't be done has nothing to do with the cart size, it has to do with the hardware capabilities of the DS.

12. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

That's exactly what xelados was saying, excluding "the fact that it can't be done". His point was that the DS would allow room for improvement upon the original.

13. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Agreed.

WHile it's a smaller game, it would need to be fully converted like what they did with resident evil ds.

And they won't do that...they have it on the wii already in the virtual console downloads.

That is nintendo's pattern, while the original zelda being on gba was a first, that was an exception...mostly they keep console games and rehashes on consoles.

Now that i think about it, it could be done..wether or not nintendo would sit down and convert a game that is cheaper to get on virtual console than on ds is another matter.

14. yoshi2889

Its too hard. Nobody would make something like that if it can be created by Nintendo.

15. xelados

xelados Well-Known Member

Did I not debunk that already? Most remakes and ports are on handhelds. Every single Super Mario Advance game was a port of an older Mario game. We didn't get a single original Mario platformer on the GBA. The Classic NES Series is also testament to what was ported. Even Square Enix was in on it with FF 1, 2, 4, 5, and 6. The first 3 Zeldas were ported as well.

The DS isn't much different, with Mario 64 and Rayman 2 being remade and ported, respectively. FF3, 4, and 5 (iirc) were also remade for the DS. The fact of the matter is that the port/remake market on handhelds is not only larger than that on consoles, but more successful (because if it wasn't, devs wouldn't have continued to churn out remakes and ports).

Loonylion: The DS wouldn't have a lot of issues with it, even given the hardware. There are a few things the DS can do that the N64 can't, but the N64 was capable of more polys on-screen and had to operate at a higher resolution. Porting an N64 game to a 256x192 screen would reduce the horsepower needed to output its graphics, and some optimization of models and draw distance would make the DS great for porting almost any N64 game; any game that required the Expansion Pak would automatically be ruled out, however.

16. Haplo_64

Haplo_64 New Member

Didn't Rayman need the expansion pack? Or was that just to upgrade the textures. I know it needed a control pack, as I had to have the game for a week before I could get one, and save. :(

17. Luga

Luga Well-Known Member

Short Answers:
    Direct N64; NO
    Port: Yes, but damn, difficult controls!?

18. exiavalanche

exiavalanche Well-Known Member

well it could be possible they remade super mario 64 right?

19. deanalexander

deanalexander Well-Known Member

Super Mario 64 is a very easy game to port.

20. yoshi2889

(Deleted all my posts here because I get sick of people who don't know what I mean)