1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The Legend Of Zelda Ocarina Of Time, DS game ever be possible

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by rootwo62, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Actually, it can. There is a software mode switch in the CPU that makes it function identically to the nes cpu, only 2mhz faster.

2. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

He said emulate. What you just said is like saying the DS can emulate the GBA because it can use its ARM7 processor to play GBA games.

3. Loonylion

it's emulation in hardware as opposed to in software. Not separate dedicated hardware.

4. Fredbox

We were discussing software emulation and how the SNES was not powerful enough to emulate the NES. Xelados's point was correct in context.

5. Sarah Kreuz

Sarah Kreuz Well-Known Member

no one was talking about emulation...until Yoshi appeared. :)

6. Fredbox

Haha, good point.

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Sorry-but emulation is simply not possible.

The ds is actually weaker than the old playstation-it can't run it...

But if nintendo spent the time to do a revamp like resident evil ds (a playstation port) then prehaps...

BUT-they won't.

It's on the virtual console-it'll be cheaper to buy that than a ds cart-and nintendo doesn't like making a home game portable for some reason.

It's a nice thought but no-WON'T HAPPEN!

If it does-I'll use peach as my avatar :)

8. Sarah Kreuz

Sarah Kreuz Well-Known Member

^I`m looking forward to it,dear. ;D

[​IMG]

9. xelados

xelados Well-Known Member

mds64: I never claimed the DS was capable of emulating the N64. It cannot be done. It is more powerful than the N64 in certain areas (mostly effects, as the 64 beats the DS in both resolution and polys, and both have the same RAM until the 64 uses the Expansion Pak), but in order to get a 64 game on the DS, it must be ported. One would think this is obvious.

Nintendo wouldn't want to make a home game portable? Need I point out that every Super Mario Advance game is a GBA port of an SNES home console game (as SMA1 and 4 are the All-Stars versions)? Also, Super Mario 64 DS. Even Ubisoft did it with the Rayman 2 port called Rayman DS. My point is that Nintendo will definitely jump at the opportunity to make a popular, older game portable, even if they have to go through the extra work to port it.

Loonylion: Interesting tidbit about the hardware emulation mode. I was indeed talking about software emulation, though. Do you know which games used that switch, and why?

10. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

Aurrgg...

11. Loonylion

I don't know if it was ever used or not, I just know its there. SNES had a lot of advanced capabilities that were very rarely, if ever, used in games.

12. yoshi2889

Haha! I just unpacked a DS rom with DSLazy... Wait, how did... YOU CAN ASK Nintendo TO MAKE A GAME!

13. paisios

paisios Well-Known Member

what???incedible:O(suprised) how can this be sent request from facebook hahahha

14. robolink

robolink Well-Known Member

(huge zelda fan but anyway), I have a hard enough time playing with the classic controller on my Wii, thinking about using that tiny d-pad to do such things is scary.

NOT TO MENTION, they are still sorta making money on OOT and the other zelda games using the Wii and its Wii-points. Making a remake would take from those profits and cost alot in development causing them to probably end up cutting even thus making it not worth it on nintendo's side.

It CAN be done, it wont be done. Atleast not by Nintendo, some fan boy might make a team and do it one day but yeah. Nintendo's main dev team is working on the zelda wii game right now and by the time that ones finished sales of DS games will be so low Nintendo will end up sending out a new handheld, not a remade/upgrade but a new one.

Thinking about having all the zelda games on my DS, atleast up till the N64 sounds pretty damn sweet but its just a dream, Im happy having them on my Wii, and id rather play it on my big ass TV than a handheld mini screen anyway. (not to mention the lack of a joystick)

15. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Then I would be a good idea like Super Mario 64 DS. A kind of port....

And if they made it I would wait for the rom.

Would it be possible for Majora's Mask too?

16. Loonylion

Definitely not, MM wont even work on a stock N64.

17. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

everything's possible for nintendo

18. Loonylion

thats a very naive view.

19. yoshi2889

SOMEWHAT everything... They cannot build another planet :p

20. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

nothing's impossible for nintendo