1. This forum is in read-only mode.

the last airbender

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by juanpaulopaguiligan, Mar 26, 2010.

1. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I don't really remember the ending to well.
    All I really remember is some blind lady walking on a highway...

And for Signs, I think the aliens could have been tougher and not just killed with lousy water.
    (Water is so over-rated anyways...)

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The village would be raided by creatures that lived in the forest, this caused everyone to stay in the village, and never leave.

Turns out the creatures are the village "elders" in disguise.
    The elders are really just a group of people who hated modern life, all the corruption, murder, etc.
    They built a village in the middle of a national reserve and reverted to the old ways, and used the creatures as a means to stop anyone from trying to leave.

All this is discovered because the blind girl who is the daughter of the leader has to go get medicine for her fiance who was attacked by the local retard who had a crush on the girl and was turned down.

So rather than keeping the supernatural, interesting feel of the beginning of the movie, he twisted it right away to a boring plot revolving around a not-so-secret secret and a girl just walking out to the guard station by the entrance to the reserve to ask the stationed guard for some penicillin. The twist was a horrible idea, and it was given away so soon that the interesting parts of the movie had no time to develop. When the main character was being chased by the "creature" while wandering the woods looking for the exit, you already knew it wasn't a real creature.

3. Marnex

Marnex Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'll probably see it. Considering how much I liked the series.

4. juanpaulopaguiligan

juanpaulopaguiligan Active Member

i will watch it too.

5. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

That is horrible...
    It's been a few years since I have watched it.
    And thank you, I don't plan on watching it any time soon. :p

6. kazroc

kazroc Well-Known Member

ill probably go see it with my girl friend :), even if she doesn't want to see it :p

it was an alright TV show i really hope they don't wreck it with the movie like they do with most movies. :-\

7. FormalMoogle

FormalMoogle Well-Known Member

Oh wow, i remembered loving the animated series. The thing about the movie is that it would feel weird watching it in live action instead of the cartoon like original. It would be great to watch the series over again.

8. kazroc

kazroc Well-Known Member

its on TV in the mornings ( in Australia, Vic) my sister watches it.

i don't get to because i have to go to uni :'(

all well I've seen most of the series anyway.

9. stigma1

stigma1 Active Member

I am going to watch it but im not going to theatres to do so ill just wait for DVD

10. juanpaulopaguiligan

juanpaulopaguiligan Active Member

i"ll just wait for the dvd too.