1. This forum is in read-only mode.

* The DS Emulation News *

Discussion in 'Emulation News' started by 1Blacks1, Sep 27, 2008.

1. 1Blacks1

1Blacks1 Well-Known Member

I've seen some questions asked about certain emu's for the PSP and DS, silly ones, but good ones asked due to lack of knowledge. so, I'm making this thread, to show new people what will not run on a DS, and give some general pointers.

WHAT WILL NOT RUN OR BE BOTHERED WITH:
    Sony Playstation
    Sega Saturn
    Nintendo 64
    and anything newer

GENERAL EMULATION POINTERS:
    To emulate a game system, the system to run the emulator on must be several times as powerful (as I've heard) so, a DS with it's 67 (?) MHz processor will NOT run a N64 emulator, as the N64 has a 97mhz processor. same goes for Playstation on DS, with lesser specs.

So, in recap:
    if a game system is close to as powerful as the system to have an emulator, that system cannot be emulated.

Now, if anyone asks for a N64 emulator, you have exposed yourself to the line of dissing fire.

I Believe this Thread should be Sticked for those questions of Emulators that some people will ask

Credits to Mr Diggs

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Could do the other systems as well, like PSP. You're right, ARM9 is 67MHz, ARM7 is 33MHz :)

3. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

Nintendo 64 is emulated, dude. And that 7 times powerful thing is wrong, I don't know why, but it is.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

there is no rule stating how many times more powerful a system must be to emulate another, but a general guide is at least several times as powerful.

5. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

Several, not seven. :p

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yeah, the seven times statement is wrong. Don't know where you picked that up.

7. 1Blacks1

1Blacks1 Well-Known Member

LOL !!,

Click on the Link and you will find out were i got this information.

"Mr Diggs"