1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The City of Angels

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seph, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

im not allowed back in the US for another two months anyway. (terms of the visa waiver program, you're allowed in without a visa for up to 90 days, then you arent allowed back in for 90 days)

2. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Cool story bro.

3. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

I have never been in the America at all... :(

I'm jealous for ya Seph ;D

4. studiosound

studiosound New Member

5. LuBuOguz

LuBuOguz New Member

Great expectations will experience great disappointment.

6. shakz210

shakz210 New Member

the only place i went to is paris and went to disney land now i wanna go hollywood

7. Raphaei

Raphaei New Member

I don't know if there's any tickets left, but She Screams Remedy are playing at The Knitting Factory tommorow if you'll still be there?

8. kakaim

kakaim Well-Known Member

Go to the playboy mansion XD

9. acenima

acenima Active Member

I live in L.A. and hollywood has many good places, you were just in the more ghetto area

10. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

I used to live there.

In the ghetto area.
    It sucked.

There were shootings outside my house.
    Once, a drunken man just was randomly shot crossing the street right next to our house.

11. xeysz

xeysz Member

You gotta go see the LAA Angels play ball! They're playing the Yankees for the American League Championship Series (whoever wins goes to the World Series).

12. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I hate baseball. I had to put up with the Yankees and the Angels playing last night while I should have been watching House. 11 innings of crap.

13. Ichi_

Ichi_ New Member

You should try to check out Chinatown and Little Tokyo, they are not walking distance but the bus trip isn't bad. The bus from Hollywood to there might be a little long but from Chinatown to Little Tokyo, it's a breeze. If you like shopping, I would try to spend a few hours walking down Melrose Ave. TONS of shopping there with a variety of stores. Golden Apple Comics (Previous owned by Kevin Smith *I think) is at the end of Melrose. Also, if you want to be a part of the Los Angeles culture, you could try lunch at Pink's hotdog stand on the corner of I think Melrose and La Brea. Los Angeles is an amazing place if you stay away from Hollywood Blvd lol. If you are interested in nightlife, I would check out Sunset Strip, tons of night clubs. The Viper Room (Previously owned by Johnny Depp) The Roxy, Key Club, and tons more. Lots of shopping on the Sunset Strip as well. The Los Angeles Zoo isn't too bad either, although it doesn't do justice after going to the San Diego Zoo... You have plenty of options there. Hell, you might even want to check out the Hollywood Bowl. They ofter have great performances there, and its BYOB, so bring food and drinks and spend the evening there.

I hope this helps, Los Angeles is an awesome place. Wake up early everyday and don't come home until really late, its the only way to enjoy LA!

14. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Yeah... awesome shopping.

Bad area.

Some parts of China Town and Little Tokyo are reheallly bad...

I lived there. I should know.

Hollywood Blvd.. someone got arrested for drugs there...
    Not on the news though.

Really late is the time where people try to kill you :p.

Still, if you stay away from the ghetto parts, it's not bad.

15. TJUslan14

TJUslan14 New Member

I'm a Southern California native, myself, and I have to say that LA is a great city. Don't know how long you're staying, but here's a tip: tickets to TV show tapings are FREE...

On another note, Universal Citywalk is awesome, but go during the day on a weekday. There's nobody there then. If you like candy, stop by their candy store. It's really cool. They also have a Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. and a huge GameStop!

If you have time: Disneyland. If you've never been it's awesome, if you have been go again, as long as it's been less than 5 times. Then it starts to get boring. Trust me.

Universal Studios has The Simpsons Ride now, so that's cool. But it replaced Back to the Future, so that kinda stinks.

Don't know if you like the beach, or seafood, but in Malibu, there is a restaurant called Malibu Seafood Market. Best Fish and Chips I've ever had, hands down. Plus, I once saw Brad Garret there. He used to date my mom, and he remembered her, lol!

That's my two cents. I live in Vegas now, as of this month, but LA is a great town. There's tons to do, especially if you're visiting.

BTW, E3 is held there at the LA convention center. I went this year, and nearly fainted, I was so excited. I very obviously didn't belong, but I met Charles Martinet [the voice of Mario]. Also, I spoke with a rep at Sega, and he told me that an adventure game with Sonic and Mario is being discussed!

Just a minor deviation, but anyway, have fun in LA.

16. yoyokilla

yoyokilla New Member

All I have to say is, learn how to read before you ask him questions people. He explains everything in his posts.

I've been too a few places while traveling that ended up being disappointments as well. Sucks man, hope the trip doesn't turn out to be a bust.

17. Reider

Reider Modereider

File ----> Save As ----> Name the file "Hollywood Experience" sans quotations, then hit save.

Your Hollywood Experience has been saved.

On a slightly more serious note, have fun. I can't contribute anything to this beyond that since I never went there. =/

18. pengy626

pengy626 New Member

Just have fun, go to places you want to see and be yourself.

19. k123t

k123t New Member

Actually i use to live near hollywood it was great you should go ventura city which is pretty close there, BUT if ur in HollyWood u must visit Universal Studios. I don't know much about the urine smell but if u have time stop by chinatown and get sightseeing of chinese man trying to rip u off ;)

20. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I wish I could recommend something to do in LA, but I've been there and didn't really enjoy it that much. I've been there when I was a teen and I've been there last year or so and it wasn't that spectacular. Hollywood was a shock to me as I've never been hassled by street side merchants before and I was surprised how messy and revolting the walk of fame was. Cool to see Peter Sellers on it though.

I hope you find something Guile, Patpat and I didn't. :\ Vegas was much more entertaining.