1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The big Nintendo 3DS roms and emulation discussion thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by athemoe, Jun 14, 2011.

1. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

You should be a lawyer

2. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

But it is a good thing to buy it now while it is still cheap, cause when all the good games come out (Super Mario(s), KH3D, Pokemon(s), Final Fantas(y/ies), etc.) the price will go back up to the way it was, possibly higher

3. viccie211

viccie211 Well-Known Member

It would be stupid if they do that, because then while there are good games people are less likely to buy it because the price varies a lot.

4. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

Why flashcart, and not softmod? Maybe we need to look outside of the box when it comes to 3DS modding.

5. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

Not really, that is actually smart. and people will buy it only because of their all-time favorites. I know I would (if I didn't all ready have a 3DS)

6. rell

rell Well-Known Member

Wow. I just read through this entire thread..and wow. Ive never saw a "verbal disagreement" like this.. What has this site come to..Seriously..

7. hirokaski

hirokaski Well-Known Member

but when connecting the 3ds to the net for the updates did anyone read the part where to agreeing to the terms and conditions they could make your system unplayable so i think that's there fine print in the case of them being sued although the rom card for the 3ds sound promising as some games may not make it over here if there is a way to prevent permanent damage to the system and be able to restore it afterwards if the worst does happen no flash cards going near my system

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

The DS and DSi had the exact same sentence in the terms and conditions, as has every console even going way back. What it means is nintendo cannot be held responsible if the flashcart damages the console. If, on the other hand, nintendo wilfully damages the console because you used a flashcart, then they CAN be held responsible because it is criminal damage.

9. hirokaski

i understand that but also flashcard users are breaking the law by getting the games for free so both are as bad as each other

10. Loonylion

entirely different laws, plus flashcarts have legitimate uses. piracy is a civil offence, criminal damage is a criminal offence. Criminal offences are more serious.

11. hirokaski

i know and understand what your trying to explain to me loonylion but no matter what the offense is both parties are still doing something we shouldn't plus with the news of tri g not being localized but 4 coming stateside instead is ok but that black and green dragon i really want to fight so if the rom of that is available i might agree with you all

12. Loonylion

no, both parties are NOT necessarily doing something illegal. If bricking code is included in the firmware then nintendo ARE behaving illegally no matter what. If the flashcart user is using it for a legitimate purpose, such as homebrew, then they are NOT acting illegally.

13. hirokaski

that's your choice loony but 99% of flashcard users use it for piracy ask anyone that has a console not alot of them actually buy there games unless they are hardcore fans why do u think rom sites were made ?

14. Loonylion

you are making sweeping generalisations. I know 6 people with DSes and only 1 of them pirates games. I myself have 9 consoles including handhelds (10 if you count PS2/3 being backward compatible with PS1), only 2 of them have pirated games. The fact is quite simply that flashcarts have legitimate uses, and the law recognises that. Hammers also have legitimate and illegitimate uses.

If your chainsaw manufacturer sabotaged the chainsaw you bought from them after the fact, they would be in court for criminal damage, the reason why you bought the chainsaw is completely irrelevant to the case and the company would not be able to say they sabotaged it because they believed you might murder someone with it. The simple facts of the case would be 1) you bought a chainsaw. 2) the chainsaw was your property following the completion of the transaction. 3) the chainsaw was in working order at the time the transaction was completed. 4) subsequent to the transaction being completed, the manufacturer decided to render your chainsaw permanently inoperable.

15. hirokaski

hmm i see where your getting at but the point is Nintendo can backfire at flashcard users saying well if you didn't use it for piracy be it hombrew or not you still used something you shouldn't of which would erupt in a massive law suit which i doubt either hackers, flashcard users or nintendo really want to be messing around with now

16. Loonylion

No it would not. Nintendo cannot sue people for using flashcarts. Nor is banning the use of them in their EULA legally binding in any way.

17. hirokaski

i know that but they still said the system will be made unplayable im just stating what i read

18. Loonylion

if they use the word 'will' it could easily get them into trouble in most European countries, as it can be taken as evidence of intent. Over here, intent to commit a crime is a crime in itself.

19. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

Show us where exactly is this said, because as Loonylion and many others have said, they can't break your system intentionally.

20. Loonylion

they can't even threaten to in western europe. doing so would be evidence of 'intent to commit criminal damage'.