1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The big Nintendo 3DS roms and emulation discussion thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by athemoe, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Ag396

Ag396 Active Member

So there is no way to play the games that i downloaded atm even if i have a 3DS compatible flashkart?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

not 3ds games. ds games will work.

3. hirokaski

hirokaski Well-Known Member

maybe so loony but the thing is fans want the 3ds ones but nintendo are stepping up there piracy thing to make hacking harder

4. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

No matter what happens, hackers will ALWAYS be better than the developers

5. hirokaski

there may be a slim chance it will happen but nintendo are always making updates to combat hackers so unless the hackers make a way to stop this counter measure u got a micro battle starting

6. joshstyle

joshstyle Member

HOT NEWS
    there maybe a flashcard for the 3ds
    gbatemp .net/t308574-hot-crown3ds-flashcard-hacking-your-3ds-and-playing-3ds-gam?&st=0

7. hirokaski

it sounds too good to be true but think guys if we do this there has still got to be one person that will go out and get the games to rip and upload so in one way hackers fail. But on the other side there maybe games which are only for certain countries which is why you guys are here if all the games are localised and imports weren't needed there would be no need for hackers

8. darkdoll25

darkdoll25 Member

I'm just sort of bummed that you can't play 3DS games on the regular R4 emulation you know? But, I'm not that much of an avid gamer and it'll take a few years for everything to get shifted onto the 3DS, and I'm taking my sweet time until I move out of my parent's house and buy whatever I want. So, now all I gotta do is wait for the DS Lite to just fall over.
    Does this count as offtopic?

9. Loonylion

Again you demonstrate how utterly clueless you are. There is no *NEED* for hackers. They do it as a hobby, as a challenge, because it brings them pleasure and it allows them to learn and practice advanced computing skills.

10. digiangel234

digiangel234 Active Member

Just wondering, though I think it's highly improbably (but I want to check before I actually go out and do so), will original DS flash cards with original DS roms on it work on a 3DS? If not I'll hold onto my wallet before I go out and grab one.

11. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Yes it does. I'm not sure about other cards but Acekard works.

12. digiangel234

digiangel234 Active Member

Well, I have an M3 DS Real (Sakura) card...it'd be a rather inconvenient kick in the ass if I traded in my DS phat for a 3DS.

EDIT: Yeah, it comes up as "G6flash" and when I select it, I get an error forcing me to shut my DS off and restart. Maybe I need to update my firmware or something? Though I don't know where I'd get the latest files for it.

13. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

I hope potential hackers would join forces with Nintendo to combat piracy =)

14. dragonfiesta

dragonfiesta Member

Excuse my ignorance but as i understand it, if you went to use a Flashcard (apart from something like acekard) then it bricks your 3DS? Isn't that illegal for nintendo to just break your machine like that? That's like if you put a copied CD into your computer and it brakes forever, it's like using poison acid to kill an ant.

Not everyone uses flashcards for piracy, some people will download or copy games they own to the flashcard to save having to keep swapping games all the time aswell as secure backups in case they lose their DS game.

15. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

Nope. The way I heard it, it's just rumors.

16. hirokaski

even if this rumoured flash card is made as every fan is crying out for nintendo will mess it up by bricking the system with a firmware update so unless hackers find a counter measure to be able to restore the system like the psp when tht got bricked its a double edged sword until theres a way to stop nintendo doing the dirty and killing your system

17. Loonylion

Nintendo will not brick 3ds consoles. They would not dare. The lawsuits and fines resulting from such an action would bankrupt them.

18. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

The 3DS is yours if you buy it.
    It's illegal for Nintendo to damage other people's property with anti piracy software.

19. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Meh, atm I think Nintendo is very important for the Japanse economy so bankrupt... maybe in a next generation

20. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

atm? no

Nintendo is doing a pretty bad job atm and you're stupid and dumb if you deny it.