1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The big Nintendo 3DS roms and emulation discussion thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by athemoe, Jun 14, 2011.

1. VongolaTempesta

VongolaTempesta Well-Known Member

Who creates the flashcart/flashcard programs to begin with? I mean if it took a long time to make an original ds cart/card this might take even longer considering the kinds of games the 3DS can play and you cant forget about the constant updates preventing further use of the cart/cards right?

2. mirman

mirman New Member

This is informatics. If you protect something, you CAN break it. It applies for everything and I am quite sure that it will only be a matter of time before flashcards pop out

3. viccie211

viccie211 Well-Known Member

The only way in which nintendo could protect themselves against flashcard on the 3DS in total was to not create the 3DS at all.

4. AnimeboyX3

AnimeboyX3 Well-Known Member

That's actually worse since Nintendo will make Zero money.It's better they make it and make some money while having their software pirated....

5. viccie211

I wasn't saying it was an ideal situation, I tried to make a point that pirating will always be there. In one way or another.

6. AnimeboyX3

Sorry I read ya wrong.But Nintendo and other companies should just except the fact that no matter what they do,Piracy just isn't going to go away no matter what......

They can suppress it for only temporary but that's all they can do.

7. VongolaTempesta

VongolaTempesta Well-Known Member

The World should just except the fact that piracy will not end.

8. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

They will spend a few years now trying to work out the hex data/offsets of a 3DS ROM lol!

More likely it will have AP even for the first games sine nintendo lernd

9. viccie211

How is nintendo going to do anti-piracy of there isn't any yet?
    Nintendo can only block the piracy in the first few games by making it harder to run a flash card, but if the hackers found a way round that Nintendo obviously didn't think of that. And you can't protect against things you didn't think of in the first way.

10. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

The flashcart makes it possible to run the flashcart on the 3DS.
    The software makes it possible to run the games and read the file.

11. Gary2288

Gary2288 Member

You never know there may never be a need to have a flashcart, Considering the 3ds has a card slot and so far all the things i have downloaded off the eshop are saved on the sd card, they may find a way to load roms from that, similar to the loaders on the wii or even a custom firmware similar to the psp. Although this may be a long shot can we really rule out any possibility of this happening at this stage? If i have thought of this i can guarantee that the people with more knowledge of these things are already trying to find a way of making it happen.

12. AnimeboyX3

TBH I don't think for sure this time around a flashcart will come about since Nintendo is ultra aware of the flashcarts that took place with the NDS.

As the guy above me says the games may have to be downloaded onto the SD card and play from there.

But that's just how I feel....

13. RandomRedMage

RandomRedMage Well-Known Member

I am offended by this statement. As a Pagan Witch, I have never once flown on a broomstick or worn a "pointy hat" >_>

14. seventhsage

seventhsage Well-Known Member

So, as of now, nothing on the Flashcart front, correct? The price of the 3ds just dropped, you can trade in a dslite / ds / dsi and get it for $99 if you're gamestop pro member, check your rewards acct for a cupon this weekend, almost made me want to buy one, but since there's no flashcart for it, I'll pass. I actually don't pirate a lot, and I do buy most of them, but there's nothing out for the 3ds that interests me,

still, might be nice to grab one when the price goes down though...

15. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

Don't expect a flash cart working this year at all.

Same for a emulator, it took years for the DS emulators to be playable. Heck, different from GBA, emulator of DS is still not perfect.

Besides, lack of heavy hits for 3DS is a fact:
    Kid Icarus wasn't launched yet (it was one of the most hyped games b4 3DS was even launched)
    Zelda is awesome, but I won't buy a 3DS for a remake alone.
    Star Fox is coming !
    Shin Megami tensei for 3DS is alco coming soon, even though getting launched on US will still take a while...

Square didn't said anything yet about FFV and FFVI (they almost confirmed both for 3DS, but never gave a date)

All I gotta say is that 3DS is fine, but started slow.... very slow. I don't want the 3DS to become another kinect.

16. RandomRedMage

RandomRedMage Well-Known Member

Custom Firmware I think will be a no go, unless someone can find a way to boot the 3ds in a factory mode, and load firmware into it that way. [like the original leaked 3ds images showed a firmwareless 3ds booting to a memory test or memory check screen.]

17. Vahik

Vahik Well-Known Member

Guys i heard that if u use a illeagel flashcard that ur 3DS wont work??? Is this true?? Pm me if u know

18. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

not true at all.

19. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

There's lots and lots of them in Japan

20. buchichu

buchichu Well-Known Member

LOL but the image of a "red mage" isn't cliché at all...