1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The art of covering music

Discussion in 'Forum Games, Jokes & Random' started by CloudBoy101, Jan 17, 2008.

1. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

David Bowie is a leg one of the only rtests to release an album in almost every genre and not sound bad altho his ziggy days were the best. i've seen him live he was realy good but its not the kind of music to see live (not much atmosphere) he did under pressure by queen (that he co-wrote) which was realy good.

i know i listed metal bands but my all time favorite song is fields of gold by eva cassidy which is a cover writen by sting
    there are some good covers out there

2. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

^ have seen him live too, was awesome and plenty of atmosphere. Fave band of all time is Pink Floyd! and if you want techinicality nothing beats John Bonham (the best drummer of all time) Watch 'Moby Dick' the proper live version :) he used to play till his palms bled (he ditches his sticks halfway through for the unique sound of his hands.

3. CloudBoy101

CloudBoy101 Well-Known Member

Moby Dick is the coolest drum solo next to Neal Peart's "Rush In Rio" drum solo. I remember seeing Moby Dick for the first time a Zeppelin DVD, totally awesome, it's like 20 minutes long, inhuman!!!

4. equitypetey

zepplin is cool but oh so boring for me sorry i've seen that dvd before its cool but that drum solo is nothing. his kit is so small there realy is nothing to his solo its not tecnicality at all.
    the neal peart one is pretty damn awsome.

5. CloudBoy101

Yeah, but John Bonham's the father of technical drumming. No one played like that back then.

6. equitypetey

yeah back then it must of blown people away but now it is poor in comparason. i ove watching solos of any kind but they don't mean much at all i much prefer a song and people riffing off each other.
    if you want to be impressed by true ability check out a bassest called micheal manring he is one of the best bassest and composer of all time and has won loads of awards. this is my favorite song by him http://youtube.com/watch?v=aY4Ra2KOyas

yutube eric mongrain as well and watch him in detail look for the way he taps with his wrist on an upstroke

7. CloudBoy101

Dude, that thing he has on the head auto tunes his bass! That's fucking awesome! He likes to use harmonics a lot too (that's not a insult, I think he's great) I love playing bass, it's my second favourite instrument to play, after the drums ;)

(It's annoying having to drop you bass from C to D, I want one of those ;) It might be the bass itself that does it.)

Good damn thats beautiful.

Spinal Tap is another one of my favourite "bands" lol

8. equitypetey

the keys don't auto tune they can just drop or raise tthe note of the strings. his bass is custom made to be perfect for him. it does it so he can play doping and raising the notes without wasting time twiddling the keys, check the other videos of him (not so many harmonics just realy that one song)

spinal tap is cool. the amps go to eleven!!!!!! :D

9. CloudBoy101

That's what I said, "I hate dropping my bass from C to D". "Auto tune" wasn't a good word for it.

"twiddling the keys" is tunning ;)

Yeah, I saw the "Teen Town" viddy, it was extremely trippy.

I'm planning on covering CCR's "Have you ever seen the rain". I'll try to get my brother to play the guitar part but It might just be me singin' and playing the bass. It's most likely going to be a youtube viddy, i'm not sure yet.