1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The Almost FULL GUIDE TO ANIME and Anime Terms + Japanese lessons

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by rock91, Feb 13, 2010.

1. rock91

rock91 Well-Known Member

BAH!!!?!?! lol

2. MessoMesso

MessoMesso Well-Known Member

Google is your friend.

3. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Uh... what purpose does this Japanese glossary actually achieve? It's like it's a how-to guide on being an idiot weeaboo.

Seriously. The last non-Japanese person I heard saying "YATTA!" got backhanded. You cannot learn Japanese from anime.

4. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

HIDOI...

5. rock91

rock91 Well-Known Member

nani? Baka temeeeeeeeeeeeee -.-

6. CrashmanX

CrashmanX Well-Known Member

High Five!!! I agree, this is a guide to weaboo faggotry.

7. Tezuka101

Tezuka101 Active Member

I third Suis's and Crashman's opinion.

It took me almost 2 years to learn most of the Japanese language and I am still learning. With this in mind, I can tell you that 80-90% of this guide will NOT be helpful to people watching anime or wanting to learn the language.

Also adding "Baka" to the "essential" word list made it lose even more credibility as a guide. :X

If you REALLY want to learn the language or even just watch anime without subtitles, try Rosetta Stone and/or Pimsleur learning tools. It may take a while to learn the language, but at least you will learn the language.

8. rock91

rock91 Well-Known Member

haters

9. Tezuka101

Tezuka101 Active Member

I like how you just ignored my post. :V

10. rock91

rock91 Well-Known Member

I didn't :p ..I just made and overall word for you guys which is

haters

11. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

As much as this guide would be useful for people. I have to admit that YOU CANNOT LEARN JAPANESE FROM ANIME.

Tofugu dude from youtube does a pretty good explanation as to why.

12. rock91

rock91 Well-Known Member

still......all haters :p

13. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

Oh, come on... do many people even claim that they know Japanese solely from watching anime anyway?

14. rock91

rock91 Well-Known Member

yes. Some of my friends's japanese improoved a lot by watching anime and I understand more than half of what the characters speak in an anime even thou I never studied japanese so much

15. Tezuka101

Tezuka101 Active Member

...Wow.

16. rock91

rock91 Well-Known Member

If you don't find anime helpfull for learning japanese then that is your problem. I find them very educative and I've learned a lot from them. I made this guide to understand anime rather than learn japanese

17. CrashmanX

Your friends "Claim" they know Japanese, do they even understand sentence structure? Suffixes and Prefixes? Japanese is a very complex language simply because its not like English, its sentence structure is far different and the Suffixes and Prefixes can change what you mean very quickly. If you really want to learn Japanese I suggest a Tutor and programs like Rosetta Stone or something like the Japanese Coach for DS.

18. rock91

rock91 Well-Known Member

my friends don't ''claim'' to know japanese. They did in fact learn it from watching anime and studying

19. Tezuka101

Tezuka101 Active Member

Crashman, I think the admins need to do an IP check on us since I think we are the same person. :X

20. CrashmanX

Right, sure. And I can learn Korean from studying the characters. That makes no logical sense at all.