1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Thank you so much (for the NDS roms)...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by freestyler_rmg, Jun 17, 2010.

1. acoccimi

acoccimi New Member

Thanks for the (Read-Only) Memories,
    Even they weren't so great.

2. nagyimetal

nagyimetal Member

... them all this bastards! They think they can stop us dwloading nds rom? they're wrong! There are plenty of other sites.

3. Franz24

Franz24 New Member

@ administrator

Can't you just put megaupload/rapidshare/hotfile/etc links at the 'download' page, then you're not hosting the roms yourself so it's not illegal anymore, you're just giving information about the roms.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

actually under US law its illegal to even link to copyrighted content, even if you're not hosting it. Thats one of the major flaws with the DMCA, its far too wide reaching.

5. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

http://www.templetons.com/brad/copymyths.html
    Helpful, general copyright junk :)
    It's a little outdated, but almost all of it applies today.

6. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

i quote,

.... so it's not illegal YET........

7. Loonylion

well that was the DMCA clause they used against piratebay and other torrent sites.

8. useurcamera

useurcamera Active Member

i believe that it will come back.. :')

9. Ra3

Ra3 New Member

Nds roms are out.. but wouldn't be better if they at least publish the names of the games or reviews of the game as they go out.. that way they follow they're "believes" and we catch up on the lastest roms and download them somewhere else..
    :B

10. blinko

blinko Member

They would have been smart not too anyway. Think of all the so called "lawsuits", and other cheap threats that gets thrown at major torrent sites, like isohunt(.)com and thepiratebay(.)org; have any of them closed down, changed their content, or simply not allow the files to be downloaded? I got two words to share with the creator of this site..."THINK SMART" oops I meant "PROXY SERVER" -.- sell outs..

Here are a few sits that have NOT sold out yet, or just went completely retarded.
    removed

There are many more, so don't get your hopes down people !

11. Loonylion

We are not a torrent tracker. We actually hosted copyrighted files therefore we do not benefit from the legal grey area that trackers do, Had it gone to court we would have been found guilty, not let off on a technicality as trackers often are.

12. lovetoboss

lovetoboss Member

I would like to say thanks to RomUlation for all there help on NDS roms . I hope in time you will be able to have them back . Its not the end of the world just a bend in the road . I will stay with this site for all the info on games and computers that you have given me plus just because you are a great site.
    P.S does anyone know where I can get nds roms from now ?? lol.
    Thanx RomU and thanx to all the members on here.

13. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

You're not too smart to go about insulting us without knowing your argumentation well. Torrents do not contain anything illegal at all, so having them on the server can be argued to not be a problem. RomUlation is not a torrent site, we hosted the files ourselves, there is a *huge* difference between the two.

But let's run with it for a bit and assume it was the same deal, in fact, we'll start with the two torrent sites you mentioned.

IsoHunt has been ordered to Block all US traffic by a court of law, failure to comply will likely result in fines. The Pirate Bay owners was found guilty and sentenced to $3.6 million USD in fines and 1 year in prison. Naturally they have appeal this decision, but a judge still found them guilty. Let us expand a bit. A BitTorrent admin from Finland was sentenced to pay €700 thousand Euroes in fines, a Russian couple has been sued for $1.25 billion USD in damages and several Hungarian torrent sites were raided.

Call us sell outs if you want to, but fuck if I care whether you can download DS ROMs from here, I have absolutely zero intentions of going to jail and paying huge fines to fight a fight I don't even believe in. We write that the purpose of RomUlation is to help users choose games to buy and we honestly mean this. If owners of a game dislikes our methods for letting users try out their game then we'll respect that, we personally believe it'll cost them in user satisfaction and thus sales, but that's not for us to judge.

14. rad1caldave

rad1caldave New Member

Whether I was down on my luck or living the high life, You guys have always been there to make my day a little better. I appreciate all the work and time everyone at RomUlation has put in. I know you aren't going away, but now is a good time for a long over due thank you.

15. noahishoan

noahishoan New Member

Omg, im crying lol, TY so much for the Roms, you guys are the 1st site to ever do this, TYVM, i appreciate it, i have tested so much games, TY, heck i even bought a game, TYVM for your services, Seph, you know we love you, WE LOVE YOU MAN